[Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Travel Trip to Tahiti
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Trip to Tahiti
virani
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-28 09:38 am   Permalink

that's just an excellent planning. You'll have the best days of the Aranui, you will see Rangiroa, the nicest lagoon, and beach ever...that is just the perfect combination.
lucky lucky.

View Profile of virani Send a personal message to virani  Goto the website of virani     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-29 06:44 am   Permalink

I thought that the Bali Hai Hotel was torn down and it is gone? Anyone knows? Then one I stayed at in the 90's is gone for sure is there another one?

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
virani
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-29 09:54 am   Permalink

The bali Hai still exist, but not as the original one.
I think they rebuilt it on their previous location. I've seen it 2 years ago.

View Profile of virani Send a personal message to virani  Goto the website of virani     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Pacific Andy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-08 6:10 pm   Permalink

The Bali Hai is gone and now is the Pearl Resort On Moorea
They still have a club Bali Hai in Cooks bay. You can go around sun down and one of the original Bali Hai Boys still is there and will tell great stories. Everymans wish. Also for the person going to Huahine. You will love it. The guy running the pension your staying at is Etienne and his brother Daniel. Very cool laid back guys. Its very low key place nothing high end but fun

View Profile of Pacific Andy Send a personal message to Pacific Andy  Email Pacific Andy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Brittanie
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-07-09 02:38 am   Permalink

Brittanie here, Kilikopela's vahine, and I just thought since my husband has done such a great job plugging my website here lately I'd let you know that I've posted pics of our recent trip. See our souvenirs here.

It was wonderful, and so much happened in three weeks that it's impossible to sum up in a few sentences, but I'll say this the absolute best service we got was while staying at the Pension Fare Maeva. After seven days there, we felt like we were staying with friends instead of strangers. The aboslute worst service we got was at the $600-a-night over-water bungalow. We even got sick after eating the buffet there. It's nice for the ammenities but sometimes you don't get what you pay for.

The Aranui was really great it's not in my nature to do "cattle herd" style tours with 200 other people, but there is simply no other way to see so much of the Marquesas for that little money in that short of time. The great thing about the Aranui is that their tour guides are pretty knowledgeable, and many of them are locals.

You can also read about our adventures in these posts.

Maruru,
Brit

View Profile of Brittanie Send a personal message to Brittanie  Email Brittanie Goto the website of Brittanie     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Pacific Andy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-22 10:17 am   Permalink

Did you get a chance to meet Etienne or Daniel in Huahine?

View Profile of Pacific Andy Send a personal message to Pacific Andy  Email Pacific Andy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
christiki295
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-02 11:44 pm   Permalink

Is the Island of Tahiti that bad or are the others just that much more natural and serene?

View Profile of christiki295 Send a personal message to christiki295  Email christiki295     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Pacific Andy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-11 4:27 pm   Permalink

Tahiti is actually very cool. The town of Papeete is very French but with Tahitian feel. A little dirty but it cool. Good food. If you travel out past the town the scenary is really great. The reason most people only stay for a night is because the other island really give you the island feel. Its all pretty cool.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation