FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Locating Tiki » » Honolulu Harry's, Chino, CA (restaurant)
Honolulu Harry's, Chino, CA (restaurant)
tikitortured
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-09 5:29 pm   Permalink

Name:Honolulu Harry's
Type:restaurant
Street:Central
City:Chino
State:CA
Zip:
Phone:

Description:
Speeding down the 60 Fwy, I caught a glimpse of this place. It looked fairly newish (or maybe just clean). Do anya you's have any info on this joint? Is there any TIKI involved here? Is it Critiki-worthy? Do I really have to drive all the way out to Chino to find out for myself?

[ This Message was edited by: tikitortured 2005-08-09 17:31 ]

[ Edited by: Humuhumu - Corrected spelling of location's name - 2006-01-28 12:51 ]

View Profile of tikitortured Send a personal message to tikitortured  Email tikitortured Goto the website of tikitortured     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-Kate
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-10 6:33 pm   Permalink

I stopped in there for lunch several months ago. It's a nice place. Not much tiki. Just some run of the mill mugs around the place. Nice Hawaiian vibe though.

The food was great and so was the music.

It may not be worth a drive out from HB, but if you're ever in the area, it's worth a visit.

View Profile of Tiki-Kate Send a personal message to Tiki-Kate  Goto the website of Tiki-Kate     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Formikahini
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-25 2:10 pm   Permalink

Is it actually spelled "Honalulu" [sic]?

If so - *gag* - but if it's just a small typo, let's fix it so people will pull it up on searches.

(Not being nit-picky or snotty - just like our fabulous Search button to work )

View Profile of Formikahini Send a personal message to Formikahini  Email Formikahini     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Nightmaretony
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-01-28 12:49 pm   Permalink

There may be more than 1. There is one near my job in Corona, off the 91 and McKinley.

View Profile of Nightmaretony Send a personal message to Nightmaretony  Email Nightmaretony Goto the website of Nightmaretony     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-28 12:55 pm   Permalink

I just fixed the spelling, and added the links to the entries I had in Critiki. Indeed, there are two locations, Corona & Chino. Or at least there were when I put them into Critiki a couple years ago... the Honolulu Harry's website now only lists a Coronoa location (and a "Harry's Pacific Grill" in Temecula opening in '06). Can anyone confirm if the Chino location has gone out of business?

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
'Vid
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-22 11:48 am   Permalink

The Chino location is doing fine. Business is booming and the food and drinks are as good as ever. Why it's not on the website is a mystery to me!

View Profile of 'Vid Send a personal message to 'Vid  Email 'Vid Goto the website of 'Vid     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
DJKen
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-07-14 8:13 pm   Permalink

I've driven past this place many times, usually on my way somewhere and unable to stop...it's still there and the parking lot is rather full in the evenings!

Cheers!!!

Ken

http://www.djken.com

(714) 686-8397
A Budhist walks up to a hotdog vendor and says "Make me one with everything".

View Profile of DJKen Send a personal message to DJKen  Email DJKen Goto the website of DJKen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiVato
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-12-15 9:31 pm   Permalink

I just received an email from Preston Kealoha. It read as follows:

" Honolulu Harry's Is Reopening as Kealoha's Taste of the Islands & Mai Tai Lounge!

Preston is back and is very excited about the upcoming opening of Kealoha's Taste of the Islands and Mai Tai Lounge! Many of your old favorites will be returning to the menu. New dishes will be added and will soon become your favorites too!

Follow our progress on our newly designed web site

www.kealohas.com

Look for future progress updates on the opening of

Kealoha's Taste of the Islands & Mai Tai Lounge"

If I am in town, my brother and the wives plan on going on opening night for a taste of their Mai Tai. I will be posting a new post under the new name to keep those interested updated.

View Profile of TikiVato Send a personal message to TikiVato  Email TikiVato     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-12-15 9:41 pm   Permalink

thanks for the Heads up man,
been wanting to check that place out.

Jeff(btd)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kenbo-jitsu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-08-07 9:40 pm   Permalink

Quote:
On 2006-01-28 12:55, Humuhumu wrote:

Indeed, there are two locations, Corona & Chino. Or at least there were when I put them into Critiki a couple years ago... the Honolulu Harry's website now only lists a Corona location (and a "Harry's Pacific Grill" in Temecula opening in '06). Can anyone confirm if the Chino location has gone out of business?

Harry’s Pacific Grill was a separate venture.
http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=22577&forum=2

The Corona Honolulu Harry’s
370 McKinley St.
Corona, CA 92879
closed sometime in 2007.

The Chino Honolulu Harry’s
12206 Central Ave.
Chino, CA 91710
did NOT go out of business, but it did change ownership in early 2012 and was renamed Kealoha’s Taste of the Islands and Mai Tai Lounge.
http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=41804&forum=2
http://www.kealohas.com

[ This Message was edited by: kenbo-jitsu 2013-08-13 10:20 ]

View Profile of kenbo-jitsu Send a personal message to kenbo-jitsu      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation