FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events International Tiki Day 2005 - Houston, TX
International Tiki Day 2005 - Houston, TX
Formikahini
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-09 6:46 pm   Permalink

Calling all Houstonians (and other Texans):

You are all cordially invited to a pretty last-dang-minute International Tiki Day / Housewarming Party at my new home in The Heights, this Saturday, natch, at 7:00. I've sent out an Evite to those of you Houston folk whose addresses I have, but anyone else who wants to/can come, please email me for details.

And I need a current phone number for any attenders of the California ITD celebration so we can have our annual satellite link-up. Y'all email me too!

View Profile of Formikahini Send a personal message to Formikahini  Email Formikahini     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
freddiefreelance
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-10 08:29 am   Permalink

Is "the Heights" Houstonian for "Above Sea Level"?

View Profile of freddiefreelance Send a personal message to freddiefreelance      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Formikahini
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-10 10:14 am   Permalink

A whopping 23 feet above downtown, thankyouverymuch!

It means we don't flood quite as horribly as many other areas.

View Profile of Formikahini Send a personal message to Formikahini  Email Formikahini     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Formikahini
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-11 3:26 pm   Permalink

I've got my California phone numbers for the Great Satellite Link-up - thanks!

Any other Texans doing anything for ITD?

Kenike
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-12 06:54 am   Permalink

Quote:
Any other Texans doing anything for ITD?

I'm going to dust off my mug shelf.

View Profile of Kenike Send a personal message to Kenike  Email Kenike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Don D'Ablo

Posted: 2005-08-19 11:07 am   Permalink

Just wanted to thank Formikahini for a great time at her shindig last weekend! Got to see her amazing collection of mugs and more! Her new place and home tiki bar are coming along nicely too!

Wish more Texas Tikiphiles would have represented. Those who did not show missed out on a wild night of no-holes-barred hedonistic jungle lovin'!!!

J.J., stimulating conversation flowed like the great cocktails (and music) provided by our lovely hostess.

LOL,
Don D' Ablo
(formerly Robotparts)

View Profile of Don D'Ablo Send a personal message to Don D'Ablo  Email Don D'Ablo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kenike
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-19 1:48 pm   Permalink

Quote:
Wish more Texas Tikiphiles would have represented. Those who did not show missed out on a wild night of no-holes-barred hedonistic jungle lovin'!!!

Wow, now I'm really regretting not going! This was the weekend before the kids started school so I stayed plenty busy. Maybe if Formikahini has another get together next year I can make the trip. Right now I'm saving my "time away from home" for the Hukilau in October. Any other Texans making the trip?

View Profile of Kenike Send a personal message to Kenike  Email Kenike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Don D'Ablo

Posted: 2005-08-22 1:38 pm   Permalink

[quote]
On 2005-08-19 13:48, Juno wrote:
Quote:
Right now I'm saving my "time away from home" for the Hukilau in October. Any other Texans making the trip?

Saving my money to go to Hawaii later this year but when I finish my home tiki bar I will have a big luau that you are welcome to attend and for sure our friend Formikahini will be there and hopefully every other Texas tikiphile too!

Don D' Ablo from Houston

[ This Message was edited by: Don D'Ablo 2005-08-22 13:44 ]

View Profile of Don D'Ablo Send a personal message to Don D'Ablo  Email Don D'Ablo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
absolute60

Posted: 2006-04-05 4:06 pm   Permalink

Hello tiki Houstonians^^

Can you add me and my brother to the evite list for Houston events? :D

David Z(me) -
absolute60@hotmail.com
Chris - chris@loszamoras.com

View Profile of absolute60 Send a personal message to absolute60  Email absolute60     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation