FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Beyond Tiki My mums tribal Henna tattoo (temporary)
My mums tribal Henna tattoo (temporary)
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-09 10:46 pm   Permalink

Hey, I thought people might dig this. My folks recently went to Africa.

My mum got a henna tribal tattoo. It was done with a toothpick. You let it dry for few hours, and it stains the skin. Once it has dried, you brush the dry powder off, leaving the stain. It then deapens in tone over the next 24 hours. It gradually fades over a week or two.

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ookoo lady
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-09 11:17 pm   Permalink

Very cool. I have a friend from India who gets henna tattoos for special occasions. They are always very intricate and beautiful.

View Profile of ookoo lady Send a personal message to ookoo lady      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mystiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-10 12:46 am   Permalink

Gosh, you know i've been really tempted to try henna tattooing with my eyebrows! I'm afraid to commit to the $200 to $300 it will cost to get permanent makeup done without trying it out. I bought this airbrush type henna tattoo kit....and I have eyebrow stencils...hmmm...@;-)

Rae

View Profile of Mystiki Send a personal message to Mystiki  Email Mystiki Goto the website of Mystiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
atomictonytiki
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2005-08-10 4:14 pm   Permalink

Watch out that you get REAL Henna, a lot of unscrupulous temporary tattooists are using hair dyes that can leave bad scarring..

http://www.expat.or.id/medical/blackhennareactions.html

View Profile of atomictonytiki Send a personal message to atomictonytiki  Goto the website of atomictonytiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
alohabros
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-11 10:57 am   Permalink

... the tattoo looks like punk rock black wysteria...

View Profile of alohabros Send a personal message to alohabros      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
freddiefreelance
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-11 11:21 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-08-10 16:14, atomictonytiki wrote:
Watch out that you get REAL Henna, a lot of unscrupulous temporary tattooists are using hair dyes that can leave bad scarring..

http://www.expat.or.id/medical/blackhennareactions.html

This happened to my wife's cousin: he got a lizard/gecko while on vacation in Mexico, had a bad reaction to the color, the color got into the rash, and now has a permanent tatoo/colored scar from it.

View Profile of freddiefreelance Send a personal message to freddiefreelance      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation