FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events The London Luau, 3rd Sept, Trader Vics, with photos
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
The London Luau, 3rd Sept, Trader Vics, with photos
cheekytiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-10 02:55 am   Permalink

http://www.thelondonluau.co.uk/
It's taken a while to get this far for those who knew something was going on but here it is.
Hope all the UK ohana can come, the website will be up later today to buy tickets and the chance to win rum from Appleton.
Many Thanks to Sam Gambino for the fantastic Artwork
I forgot to say, due to space etc we are limited to only 200 tickets, so if you really want to come, get your tickets early in case they sell out ( which I hope they do)

www.cheekytiki.com

[ This Message was edited by: cheekytiki 2005-09-08 00:04 ]

View Profile of cheekytiki Send a personal message to cheekytiki  Email cheekytiki Goto the website of cheekytiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kon-Hemsby
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-10 03:06 am   Permalink

Looks like the 're-'birth of Tiki in the UK.
I'll be there, along with some friends. I'll get my tickets as soon as the website's up.

Cheers Cheekytiki

View Profile of Kon-Hemsby Send a personal message to Kon-Hemsby  Email Kon-Hemsby     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
virani
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-10 03:10 am   Permalink

too bad I can't come...excellent work on the poster, and I'm sure the evetn will be great. Congrats Cheekytiki

View Profile of virani Send a personal message to virani  Goto the website of virani     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hibiscus Honey

Posted: 2005-08-10 03:38 am   Permalink

Nice one Cheekytiki.

I'll be there too! With my kane, Kon-Hemsby

This is going to be one fantastic night, food, drink, music.

I'm swaying already to the London tropical vibe that will be THE LONDON LUAU.

[ This Message was edited by: Hibiscus Honey 2005-08-10 03:42 ]

View Profile of Hibiscus Honey Send a personal message to Hibiscus Honey  Email Hibiscus Honey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-10 09:01 am   Permalink

Sounds like a great event, wish I could be there, but at that time I will have to be satisfied with the Munich Trader Vic's.
Close, but not close enough.

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cheekytiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-10 1:32 pm   Permalink

The website is running now so you can buy tickets.
Still a bits to be added.
We are going to have a weekly draw on ticket numbers every week until the event to win a bottle of Appleton VX
http://www.thelondonluau.co.uk/

View Profile of cheekytiki Send a personal message to cheekytiki  Email cheekytiki Goto the website of cheekytiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kon-Hemsby
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-11 01:48 am   Permalink

Wow, You're drawing tickets for giveaway rum too!

Pick me Pick me

View Profile of Kon-Hemsby Send a personal message to Kon-Hemsby  Email Kon-Hemsby     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-11 06:01 am   Permalink

Mate I am there in spirit. You guys have a good one!

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kon-Hemsby
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-15 03:26 am   Permalink

I'll be there in the spirit too!

cheekytiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-17 02:22 am   Permalink

We have drawn the first winner of a bottle of Appleton VX!
Although Kon Hemsby in his desperation for Rum booked many tickets, it actually went to another member here - Chrisc!
Well done Chris.
Another Bottle up this week

www.cheekytiki.com
http://cheekytikiuk.blogspot.com/

"Don't drink water, fish f*~k in it" W.C. Feilds

Kon-Hemsby
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-17 03:14 am   Permalink

I'm sure Chris will wanna share it around!

Any other TC members going?

midnite
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-17 12:17 pm   Permalink

I don't get to this part of Tiki Central much, I should try and read more. So much going on, I haven't a clue.

Wish I could be there, I'll be just a few short months late though. It's going to be a midnite Christmas in London this year, hopefully Christmas Eve dinner at Vic's. The London Luau looks like a blast.

That's one top-notch poster as well. Stellar work.

midnite

View Profile of midnite Send a personal message to midnite      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
King Kukulele
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-19 10:15 am   Permalink

That sounds like its going to be a big big night...but beware of Kyle from the Fisherman Vibraphonic Trio. He's the Tasmanian Devil of Tiki, I also think of him as kind of a Maria from the Sound of Music. Good Luck with the event.

View Profile of King Kukulele Send a personal message to King Kukulele  Email King Kukulele     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cheekytiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-23 05:08 am   Permalink

We have another winner of abottle of Appleton Vx plus here is a sneak preview of the mug for the event, taken from Sam Gambinos cool artwork. This is only the sculpt

cheekytiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-26 08:47 am   Permalink

Just spoke to Appleton Rum, and it seems we have scored a massive coup for The London Luau.
This is how the story goes
They have managed to get hold of some Rum for us from the same Barrel that provided the Rum that Trader Vic himself created the original Mai Tai.
One lucky person next Saturday will get to try the closest possible drink to his original Recipe.
This rum is apparently rarer than hens teeth, you cannot buy it, and very few people in the world have ever tasted it.

We promise TVs won't use Mai Tai pre mix

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation