FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Victor Bergeron 100th Birthday Spectacular: Emeryville Dec. 10th
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Victor Bergeron 100th Birthday Spectacular: Emeryville Dec. 10th
martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2002-11-06 5:36 pm   Permalink

December 10th in the 10 person room at 7:00 pm. It will be ours for the night.

Tentative reservations so far:

Cindy
Vixen
Mike
Midnite
Martin
Rebecca
See-Ming (my Shag collecting co-worker)

Of course, it will be great if other centralites just book other tables, or hang in the bar. For the people above, remember to confirm if you are serious, and post if you can't make it, to give others a chance.

Let's win one for the Viccer.

-martin

View Profile of martiki Send a personal message to martiki  Email martiki Goto the website of martiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cynfulcynner
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-11-06 5:55 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2002-11-06 17:36, martiki6 wrote:
December 10th in the 10 person room at 7:00 pm. It will be ours for the night.
Cindy

I'm in! Should I bring cemetery maps showing the location of Vic's grave?

--cyn

View Profile of cynfulcynner Send a personal message to cynfulcynner      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrsmiley
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2002-11-06 6:07 pm   Permalink

December 10th in the 10 person room at 7:00 pm. It will be ours for
the night.
Cindy
MR Smiley
Mrs. Smiley
PS-can anyone with a good printer make some Trader Vic's birthday hats? You know, those cone style ones that kids wear and put on it some good TV graphics or a Picture of the Trader himself.
If you like it, it is ZAZZ! If you don't it is RAZZ!

View Profile of mrsmiley Send a personal message to mrsmiley  Email mrsmiley Goto the website of mrsmiley     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
aquarj
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2002-11-06 6:46 pm   Permalink

Naomi and I would like to join for this too, if there will be room!

Comma comma comma Kama'aina!

-Randy

View Profile of aquarj Send a personal message to aquarj  Goto the website of aquarj     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikivixen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-11-06 7:12 pm   Permalink

I'm in, Martiki, and thanks. Any other Sagittarians? We can have a group birthday and party even more.

I'm sure the Trader would approve.

Lisa

View Profile of tikivixen Send a personal message to tikivixen      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikivixen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-11-06 7:15 pm   Permalink

Oh, and Cindy--yes, I'd love to see the gravesite map! I'm one of those folks who likes cemeteries. Too bad they're not open late 8>)

Hm, if I have time I'll leave him a drink on my way to Emeryville...think I can remember where you said he was...

Lisa

View Profile of tikivixen Send a personal message to tikivixen      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
midnite
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-11-06 8:11 pm   Permalink

Midnite, reservation for 2, please! Me, and the sig other. Let's carpool from the City! Anyone got a car, we've been to a pool. Hey, we'll pitch in a free Zombie... ...for gas/bridge toll!

Should be a great time, will we need more space? Plus, no way I can miss this event...I know where TV's is located.

midnite

View Profile of midnite Send a personal message to midnite      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PolynesianPop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-11-07 7:33 pm   Permalink

Well, I just realized that I'll be in town from Sunday 12/8 thru Wednesday 12/12. So at least count me in for drinks at the bar! I'll be staying in San Jose. How long do you guys think travel time will be? 1 hr? 2 hrs? Where is that carpool meeting again?

Poly-Pop *

Bartender, make mine a glass of WATAHHH!!!!!

View Profile of PolynesianPop Send a personal message to PolynesianPop  Email PolynesianPop Goto the website of PolynesianPop     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrsmiley

Posted: 2002-11-08 5:27 pm   Permalink

POLY POP SEZ_"Well, I just realized that I'll be in town from Sunday 12/8 thru
Wednesday 12/12. So at least count me in for drinks at the bar! I'll be
staying in San Jose. How long do you guys think travel time will be? 1 hr? 2
hrs? "
Because of traffic you should allow 2 hours in my opinion because you will be going in the Rush hour direction. Go up Highway 80 (the Oakland side of the bay)not 101 which will be even worse(the SF side).--bruce
If you like it, it is ZAZZ! If you don't it is RAZZ!

View Profile of mrsmiley Send a personal message to mrsmiley  Email mrsmiley Goto the website of mrsmiley     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2002-11-08 6:49 pm   Permalink

Here's where we stand:

The table is full with a waiting list. This makes it all the more imperative that if anyone can't make it, that they please post here immediately so we can update the roll call. I would suggest that someone make some other reservations for that night at regular dinner tables. Better yet, try to reserve space for 6 to 8 in the bar. They will reserve the area by the TV (which is always off, don't worry) It's a great corner, and they will serve dinner in the bar area. Plus, by god, you're closer to the bar! Prioritize!

Here's the motley crew so far:

1. TikiVixen - Lisa
2. Cyful Cynner - Cindy
3. TikiHula - Mike
4. Cap. Midnite
5. Cap. Midnite's "Sig Other"
6. Martiki - Martin
7. Mrs. Martiki - Rebecca
8. See-Ming
9. Mr. Smiley - Bruce
10.Mrs. Smiley - Enid

Waiting list:

1. Aquarj - Randy
2. Chihuahua Girl (? ) - Naomi
3. The Polynesian Popster

I have to say, I like the idea of the party hats. Can someone make those? Volunteers?

We could also have signs (maybe little table placards since they probably don't want us taping things to the walls) with some of the Trader's choice expressions. Just a thought.

I also think we should bring a small CD boombox with a burned CD full of exotica to play quietly for some ambiance at dinner.

Any other party ideas?

I was also thinking about renting a limo bus. You can see a picture at Bauer's website:
http://www.bauerslimousine.com/cars.html#

It's the one on the right side next to the Cable Car. Called a Luxury Land Yacht. You can see the giant TV screen in the back. I had one at my wedding and they are a blast. We could play Sven's video on the big screen, (Or an Hawaiian Eyyyyyyyyyye episode). There might be cheaper out there, I'd have to call around, but if we can keep it to four hours, it will come to about $50 per person. It's probably too expensive, I know, but it would be a kick in the ass, and no one has to drive. We could look at smaller limos as well, like town cars. Then everyone could meet and they could pick up and drop us off at a couple of locations.

Just tossing some ideas out there.

-martin

View Profile of martiki Send a personal message to martiki  Email martiki Goto the website of martiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mig
Official Man-About-Town  

Posted: 2002-11-08 7:01 pm   Permalink

Hmm... sounds pretty cool, especially if the PolynesianPoopster is going to be there! Perhaps Frenchy and I will just show up and hang out in the play room.

View Profile of mig Send a personal message to mig  Email mig Goto the website of mig     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cynfulcynner
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-11-10 01:23 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2002-11-08 18:49, martiki6 wrote:
I was also thinking about renting a limo bus.

Called a Luxury Land Yacht. You can see the giant TV screen in the back. I had one at my wedding and they are a blast. We could play Sven's video on the big screen, (Or an Hawaiian Eyyyyyyyyyye episode). We could look at smaller limos as well, like town cars. Then everyone could meet and they could pick up and drop us off at a couple of locations.

What, you don't want to get a stretch Humvee or a 22-passenger Excursion?

--cindy, trying not to think about the gas mileage on those

View Profile of cynfulcynner Send a personal message to cynfulcynner      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiHula
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-11-10 12:46 pm   Permalink

Martin you are the MAN!! This is huge!!

Since I live down here is the south bay, I won't be in on the limo thing, but...

I will make up some Trader Vic's special birthday cards for everyone (or something like that) and I might even bring the old Kava Bowl and we can all drink a communal toast to Mr. Bergeron out of it??
I can't think of a more fitting tribute....

View Profile of TikiHula Send a personal message to TikiHula  Email TikiHula     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PolynesianPop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-11-10 3:39 pm   Permalink

Quote:
Because of traffic you should allow 2 hours in my opinion because you will be going in the Rush hour direction. Go up Highway 80 (the Oakland side of the bay)not 101 which will be even worse(the SF side).

MrSmiley,
Thanks for the tip. I figured it would about a 2 hour commute! Well, I'll do what I can to get over there as quickly as possible.

Poly-Pop *

Bartender, make mine a glass of WATAHHH!!!!!

View Profile of PolynesianPop Send a personal message to PolynesianPop  Email PolynesianPop Goto the website of PolynesianPop     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrsmiley

Posted: 2002-11-11 4:04 pm   Permalink

I made a correction:[quote]Because of traffic you should allow 2 hours in my opinion
because you will be going in the Rush hour direction. Go up Highway 880 (the
Oakland side of the bay)not 101 which will be even worse(the SF
side).[/quote
Take Highway 880 from 101 in San Jose. Highway 880 becomes 80 in Oakland just before it passes Emeryville and Trader Vic's

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation