FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Victor Bergeron 100th Birthday Spectacular: Emeryville Dec. 10th
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Victor Bergeron 100th Birthday Spectacular: Emeryville Dec. 10th
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-11-12 7:30 pm   Permalink

That sounds great, kids. One thing I am curious about: Is Trader Vic's celebrating the birthday themselves in any form? If not, it must be due to the old bastard himself:

When (in Palm Springs) Peter Seeley announced the opening of a Trader Vic's in SF and I interjected "at Cosmo Place?", he sorta mumbled something like "no need to return to the scene of past horrors" (or something like that), reminding me that when researching and going through the closed Cosmo Place with C.O. Hans Richter he had pointed out the upstairs office and reminisced how it was always frightening to be called up there.

Quite possibly, both family and TV veterans are glad the despotic old bastard is six feet under...
Hey, let's drink to that!

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cynfulcynner
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-11-13 10:34 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2002-11-12 19:30, bigbrotiki wrote:
When (in Palm Springs) Peter Seeley announced the opening of a Trader Vic's in SF and I interjected "at Cosmo Place?", he sorta mumbled something like "no need to return to the scene of past horrors" (or something like that), reminding me that when researching and going through the closed Cosmo Place with C.O. Hans Richter he had pointed out the upstairs office and reminisced how it was always frightening to be called up there.

Quite possibly, both family and TV veterans are glad the despotic old bastard is six feet under...

The old Trader Vic's location on Cosmo Place is now Le Colonial, a Vietnamese restaurant. I've never eaten there, but it's supposed to be yummy.

Not to be nitpicky or anything, but Trader Vic is actually six feet above ground, not under -- he's in a wall crypt.

--cindy

View Profile of cynfulcynner Send a personal message to cynfulcynner      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-11-13 1:39 pm   Permalink

The Trader still above ground? Maybe he even IS a Zombie! Perhaps he still haunts Cosmo Place and Trader Vic Alley (around the corner), chasing a Chinese cook with his wooden leg for messing up the Bongo Bongo soup...

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thejab
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2002-11-13 2:06 pm   Permalink

I read somewhere once that the management at Trader Vic's used to kick the shins of the waitstaff regularly to see if they would get mad. If they could maintain their composure and friendliness than it was proven that they could handle any customer!

View Profile of thejab Send a personal message to thejab  Goto the website of thejab     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PolynesianPop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-11-25 7:40 pm   Permalink

Well, the 10th is approaching and I thought about something cool we could do that night. I'd like to put together a "Trader Vic's Trivia Game." Winner of the trivia game will receive a grand prize of, drum roll please........a now discontinued (and thus collectible) Tiki Farm Tiki Mug, courtesy of theBaxdog and the fine folks at Tiki Farm!

So this how we can do it. If you have a trivia question you would like included in the game, email it to me at
polynesianpop@yahoo.com and I will compile the questions. You can submit as many questions as you want however, I will only use one question from each person so as to not "skew" the quiz. The person with the most questions correct wins the mug.

Secondly, as a way to get to know other members of our little club, I was also thinking we can do a trivia game on how well we know each other. I will compile a list of questions pertaining to the members of Tiki Central and the person who gets the most questions correct will win, drum roll please........another now discontinued (and thus collectible) Tiki Farm Tiki Mug, courtesy of theBaxdog and the fine folks at Tiki Farm!

Wanna win? Then study this thread:

http://tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=775&forum=6

If I'm not fortunate enough to get a seat at the table, you can find me in the bar. We'll do the games after dinner.

* * * The Polynesian Popster * * *

[ This Message was edited by: PolynesianPop on 2002-11-25 19:43 ]

View Profile of PolynesianPop Send a personal message to PolynesianPop  Email PolynesianPop Goto the website of PolynesianPop     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-bot
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-11-26 1:33 pm   Permalink

Mr & Mrs Pineapple will likely stop by, especially considering that Gretchen's soon-to-be-former hut is staggering distance from TV's!

View Profile of Tiki-bot Send a personal message to Tiki-bot  Email Tiki-bot     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cynfulcynner
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-11-26 2:29 pm   Permalink

I will likely make a pilgrimage to Trader Vic's final resting place during my lunch hour on the 10th. Anyone want to join me?

--cyn

View Profile of cynfulcynner Send a personal message to cynfulcynner      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PiPhiRho
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-12-02 5:54 pm   Permalink

Anybody up for for a get together at the Beverly Hill's Vic's?

View Profile of PiPhiRho Send a personal message to PiPhiRho  Email PiPhiRho Goto the website of PiPhiRho     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PolynesianPop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-12-03 08:25 am   Permalink

Just a reminder, we are one week away from the Trader Vic's Birthday gig in Emeryville. If you would like to have a question included in our trivia game, please email it to me at polynesianpop@yahoo.com .

Poly-Pop *

Bartender, make mine a glass of WATAHHH!!!!!

View Profile of PolynesianPop Send a personal message to PolynesianPop  Email PolynesianPop Goto the website of PolynesianPop     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
floratina
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-12-04 12:24 am   Permalink

I pinged a bunch of Los Angeles area TCers about showing up at the Beverly Hills branch on the 10th. Dr Z suggested that Saturday the 7th might be a better date for more people. What do you all think?

View Profile of floratina Send a personal message to floratina  Email floratina     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PolynesianPop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-12-04 08:08 am   Permalink

I can probably swing by TV Beverly Hills on Saturday. What time are we looking at?

Poly-Pop *

PolynesianPop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-12-04 08:19 am   Permalink

I just had a thought. I'm going to be at the Emerville TV on the 10th doing trivia contests with our SF Centralites. If we get a good turnout, maybe we can do the same thing in BH! Maybe someone can donate a prize (or two) - I already have the questions put together (more or less). What do you guys think?

Poly-Pop *

floratina
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-12-04 10:36 am   Permalink

Here is the other thread on this topic.

http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=1577&forum=1&26

View Profile of floratina Send a personal message to floratina  Email floratina     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
floratina
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-12-04 10:51 pm   Permalink

Los Angeles TCers, tuesday the 10th it is for the gathering at the Beverly Hills Trader Vics. Meet at 7:30 or whenever you can get there.

Luckydesigns
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-12-05 6:54 pm   Permalink

I'll be there at noon.

View Profile of Luckydesigns Send a personal message to Luckydesigns  Email Luckydesigns Goto the website of Luckydesigns     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation