FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Victor Bergeron 100th Birthday Spectacular: Emeryville Dec. 10th
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Victor Bergeron 100th Birthday Spectacular: Emeryville Dec. 10th
thebaxdog
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-12-06 06:52 am   Permalink

And please make sure you lift a mug and say just a short toast to the Baxdog, for his 43rd birthday is the day before Vic,s and he will not be able to make the scene on Tues.
U all have fun now ya-hear.
Happydog (What can I do?)

View Profile of thebaxdog Send a personal message to thebaxdog  Email thebaxdog Goto the website of thebaxdog     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cynfulcynner
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-12-06 11:12 am   Permalink

We've warned people here many times that the parking lot at the Emeryville Trader Vic's is valet only, but you could avoid this by parking in one of the marina lots down the street.

Apparently this is no longer the case. The neighboring parking lots are now only for the marina and they have prominent "No Trader Vic's Parking" signs.

I think with those $1 Mai Tais on Tuesday we can afford to tip the valets.

--cyn

View Profile of cynfulcynner Send a personal message to cynfulcynner      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
midnite
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-12-06 2:51 pm   Permalink

So...only a few short days until Vic's centennial. All sytems go for Emeryville? Me and Mr. Midnite are planning on BART/cab from MacArthur Station. Number one, $1 Mai-Tai's make driving out of the question. Number two, we do not own an automobile, which really makes number one sorta moot anyhow.

We got a sack of Sacagawea coins for the Mai-Tais!

midnite

View Profile of midnite Send a personal message to midnite      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2002-12-08 4:47 pm   Permalink

Aloooooooooooooooha!

Sorry I haven't posted in a while. Here is the latest and greatest news:

Had a good talk with Claudette and we're all set up! I told her about the size of our party, and she agreed to open up a bigger area for us- the Outrigger Room. I'm pretty sure it's a dining area (not a private room like the Puka room or Captain Cook) that is normally closed on weeknights. As long as demand isn't too high, the area is all ours. We have two tables of ten, which should give us plenty of space. I've also taken the liberty of pre-ordering several orders of Cosmo Tidbits and Cheese Bings which will be waiting for us on arrival at 7:00 PM. It's gonna be huge. Here's the list as it stands:

Lisa
Cindy
Mike
Michelle
Michelle's still un-named husband (Ray!)
Martin
Rebecca
See-Ming
Bruce
Enid
Randy
Naomi
Adrian
Mig
Cathey
Rich
Gretchen

That's 17, plus I believe Otto will be joining us, perhaps with Doe and V3, which would bring us to 20. So- if there are any cancellations please let me know ASAP by posting or sending me an email. There should be plenty of space in that room though.

I think the Limo bus was too expensive for folks, so we're on our own. I expect most people will be using public transport, so that means cabs. If we all start to converge on MacArthur BART as Midnite suggested close to 6:30, we can share some cabs over to the restaurant. I don't know what the cab supply is like at that station. I thought about taking one from downtown SF, but I don't know about the cost on that. Thoughts?

On to other matters:

Bruce- can you bring the party hats you mentioned? Quick trip to a Party America-type store for hats and print out some pix of Vic to glue to the front. They might even make Happy 100th hats. Let us know. I'll try to get some decor as well.

I'm also going to bring a CD with some exotica tunes. Does anyone have a CD boombox they can bring? We'll see if management is OK with it.

Mike- Good news! They have given us the go-ahead to bring the Kava Bowl- and they'll fill it up for us (well, probably not for free). So if you're still comfortable bringing it, it's a go. Does anyone know what the recipe for this was? I doubt the bartenders do.

Adrian- Thanks for the quiz stuff. Sounds great.

Looking forward to seeing everyone there. Time to start the party rivalry: Emeryville rules! BH and Chicago suck! We'll kick your asses!

-martin

[ This Message was edited by: martiki6 on 2002-12-09 11:49 ]

View Profile of martiki Send a personal message to martiki  Email martiki Goto the website of martiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrtikibar
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-12-08 7:49 pm   Permalink

Have a great time. My little semi-tiki group from Portland will be there a few days after the fact. Maybe someone could scrawl a bit of tiki-graffiti in Vic's bathroom for us. Nah, TC doesn't stoop to that type of thing. I will definitely lift one for all you (and the trader) on the 10th.

[ This Message was edited by: mrtikibar on 2002-12-08 19:52 ]

View Profile of mrtikibar Send a personal message to mrtikibar  Email mrtikibar     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
midnite
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-12-09 11:15 am   Permalink

"Michelle's still un-named husband "

Hello Martin,
That would be Ray...the Tiki brains of he operation. We are thinking of getting to MacArthur BART around that time (6:30 PM), it is hoped. Maybe a sign like the limo drivers use at the airport, "Vic party". I am concerned about accessing a taxi around that area...so anyone that can grab a cab...pile in!

Not sure about cost for a cab from downtown. Perhaps I look into that.

Looks like a great get-together is in store.

midnite

View Profile of midnite Send a personal message to midnite      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiHula
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-12-09 1:11 pm   Permalink

This all sounds very cool Martin- thanks for all your work!
I'll pull up in front of the MacArthur station at 6:30 and I can give three people a ride to TV's. I have a green Acura with the TIKI RUM plate.
I'll bring the Kava Bowl and, as long as it doesn't leave the table, we can drink a couple of drinks out of it!
I don't have my TV's Bartender's Guide handy- does anyone know if the Kava drink recipe is in there?? If so please post it or email it to me. Thanks!

View Profile of TikiHula Send a personal message to TikiHula  Email TikiHula     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
midnite
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-12-09 3:40 pm   Permalink

Re:"I thought about taking one from downtown SF, but I don't know about the cost on that. Thoughts? "

According to Yellow, Embarcadero 4 to Anchor Dr : approximately $20 fare. I say it's a good idea if people can share the cab, given the cost of a cab just from BART station plus BART fare, it's a deal. We have 2 for a cab from SF downtown to TV's...

We can meet 2 more someplace downtown...around 6:20-6:30?

Anyone interested, Martin...anyone?

Let us know, here or
oldsport@concentric.net

midnite (Michelle & Ray)

EDIT: would be a good idea to include the correct email address, DOH! And I haven't had any $1 Mai-Tais yet.

[ This Message was edited by: midnite_tiki on 2002-12-09 15:46 ]

TikiHula
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-12-09 3:51 pm   Permalink

If you guys are sharing a cab from SF then maybe I don't need to show up at BART??

If anyone would like a ride from MacArthur BART to TV's let me know and I'll be there to pick you up- otherwise I'm headed straight to Vic's.

ps- Happy Birthday Baxdog!!

www.tikiroom.net

[ This Message was edited by: TikiHula on 2002-12-09 15:53 ]

View Profile of TikiHula Send a personal message to TikiHula  Email TikiHula     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrsmiley
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2002-12-09 6:24 pm   Permalink

On to other matters:

Bruce- can you bring the party hats you mentioned? Quick trip to a
Party America-type store for hats and print out some pix of Vic to glue to
the front. They might even make Happy 100th hats. Let us know. I'll
try to get some decor as well-------------
mr smiley won't have a chance to hit a party store tonight-and my printer barely works--sorry
If you like it, it is ZAZZ! If you don't it is RAZZ!

View Profile of mrsmiley Send a personal message to mrsmiley  Email mrsmiley Goto the website of mrsmiley     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiHula
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-12-09 9:09 pm   Permalink

Thanks to Al of Alnshely I have the Kava Bowl drink recipe for tomorrow night....thanks Al!!

mig
Official Man-About-Town  

Posted: 2002-12-09 9:44 pm   Permalink

As seen in another thread in this topic-- miss Frenchy is looking for a ride from SF to TV's. (Just one-way... the return trip is covered, by me.) Anybody around here who can help? She lives off 19th ave...

mig

View Profile of mig Send a personal message to mig  Email mig Goto the website of mig     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2002-12-09 11:23 pm   Permalink

OK- As for the cab rides, everyone who is cabbing from SF, meet in front of The Hyatt Embarcadero at 6:20. There is usually a line of taxis just north of the registration area. They line up on Drumm street, between California and Sacramento- not on Market. Cathey- we'll see you there. We'll stuff as many as we can in, but can't guarantee that we'll all split one. We should try to find a minivan cab. I think that will work fine.

Mike- don't worry about meeting people at BART. Thanks Al for the recipe. Where did you find it?

Bruce- don't worry about the hats- no big deal. I'll see if I have time to do something.

Anyone have a small CD boombox?

See everyone tomorrow!

-martin

View Profile of martiki Send a personal message to martiki  Email martiki Goto the website of martiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2002-12-09 11:49 pm   Permalink

Looks like Otto, Doe, and V3 are in (along with TikiMel), so the tables are full. Let me know if you were planning to come and haven't said so yet.

-martin

Tiki-bot
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-12-10 12:56 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2002-12-09 23:23, martiki6 wrote:

Anyone have a small CD boombox?

I can bring mine if you still need one. Let me know. We're planning to arrive around 7 (cabbing it over from G's place in E-ville).

View Profile of Tiki-bot Send a personal message to Tiki-bot  Email Tiki-bot     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation