FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Travel My favorite Vegas bars and restaurants MOSTLY Vintage
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
My favorite Vegas bars and restaurants MOSTLY Vintage
mrsmiley
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2006-08-11 11:04 pm   Permalink

added Luv-its to my first list! pS-FEEL free to edit and combine your old posts so there isn't alot of extra stuff here. thanks

View Profile of mrsmiley Send a personal message to mrsmiley  Email mrsmiley Goto the website of mrsmiley     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrsmiley

Posted: 2007-06-07 12:08 am   Permalink

Some non eating or drinking stuff added in the original post.

View Profile of mrsmiley Send a personal message to mrsmiley  Email mrsmiley Goto the website of mrsmiley     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikitatt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-20 12:21 pm   Permalink

Mrsmiley,

You forgot PT's pub on every corner! Chicago's Own steakhouse was really great. Sad to see them leave. Bahama Breeze is pretty good too. For Italian there's Piero's. I no longer live in Vegas and moved back home to Huntington Beach, CA. Piero's has a restaurant here called The Ritz located in Newport Beach. Off of Eastern and St. Rose there was a Hawaiian restaurant I believe closed down. Sorta a locals place off the beaten path.

Mahalo,
Tikitatt

View Profile of Tikitatt Send a personal message to Tikitatt  Email Tikitatt Goto the website of Tikitatt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-01-03 6:57 pm   Permalink

Bumpty bump.

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Ojaitimo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-01-05 11:00 am   Permalink

Tao in the Venitian R, B
The former site of Taboo Cove (RIP)
Great asian decor with some odd items like the opium pipes. The club was closed the night we were there but the Hall of Monk's looks cool on the website.

View Profile of Ojaitimo Send a personal message to Ojaitimo  Email Ojaitimo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
croe67
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-06 5:50 pm   Permalink

Definite "off strip" option...The Art Bar - a bit funky, not the typical vegas.....and has a VELVET ELVIS ROOM. The owner is an Elvis Impersonator. Nice guy. Stopped in for a drink & left 8 hours later......good times.....

View Profile of croe67 Send a personal message to croe67  Email croe67     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-06 10:55 pm   Permalink

What is the deal with the Peppermill. I was in Vegas two weeks ago and the Peppermill is closed. There was a note on the door regarding maintenance problems, but no opening date was mentioned. Anyone knows whats up?

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
54 house of bamboo

Posted: 2008-02-07 10:52 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-02-06 22:55, hiltiki wrote:
What is the deal with the Peppermill. I was in Vegas two weeks ago and the Peppermill is closed. There was a note on the door regarding maintenance problems, but no opening date was mentioned. Anyone knows whats up?

Help on this appreciated ... some friends planning their post-renewal of vows drinks at the Peppermill Lounge in mid-April.

Thanks in advance!

The Stevenson Wedding Mug by Cheekytiki, 2006

View Profile of 54 house of bamboo Send a personal message to 54 house of bamboo      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikitatt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-16 2:57 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-02-07 10:52, 54 house of bamboo wrote:
Quote:

On 2008-02-06 22:55, hiltiki wrote:

Help on this appreciated ... some friends planning their post-renewal of vows drinks at the Peppermill Lounge in mid-April.

Thanks in advance!

I just booked my flight to Vegas for the 25th of this month. I'll make it a point to stop by the Peppermill.

[ This Message was edited by: Tikitatt 2008-02-16 14:58 ]

View Profile of Tikitatt Send a personal message to Tikitatt  Email Tikitatt Goto the website of Tikitatt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikitatt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-17 5:20 pm   Permalink

I just called the Peppermill and they are open 24/7. Here is there information:

Peppermill's Fireside Lounge
2985 S. Las Vegas Blvd.
Las Vegas, NV
(702) 735-4177

54 house of bamboo

Posted: 2008-02-22 05:18 am   Permalink

Phew!

After I recommended it and all, I was feeling a prize idiot!

Looking forward to celebration drinks around the firepit.

The Stevenson Wedding Mug by Cheekytiki, 2006

View Profile of 54 house of bamboo Send a personal message to 54 house of bamboo      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrsmiley

Posted: 2008-12-11 9:51 pm   Permalink

I added frankie's!

JOHN-O
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-11 10:28 pm   Permalink

Mr. Smiley,

As a Vegas resident, can you comment on the following? They are on my list of places to visit.

1. Huntridge Tavern - Does it vibe Vegas history (or is it just a dump) ?
2. Cheetahs - Are there any nice Tikis here ?
3. Golden Steer - How are the steaks compared to Circus Circus or Binion's ?

Thanks,

JOHN-O

[ This Message was edited by: JOHN-O 2008-12-11 22:35 ]

View Profile of JOHN-O Send a personal message to JOHN-O      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrsmiley

Posted: 2008-12-13 5:50 pm   Permalink

[quote]
On 2008-12-11 22:28, JOHN-O wrote:
Mr. Smiley,

As a Vegas resident, can you comment on the following? They are on my list of places to visit.

1. Huntridge Tavern - Does it vibe Vegas history (or is it just a dump) ?
2. Cheetahs - Are there any nice Tikis here ?
3. Golden Steer - How are the steaks compared to Circus Circus or Binion's ?

Thanks,

JOHN-O
Smiley Sez...#1 Possibly just a dump-I will have to check it out again, it has been a while. The Huntridge Drug next door has a great old lunch counter (diner). Currently it is waiting for someone to run it.
#2 Cheetahs: Russell and Hubert go there alot, but we have a "don't ask-don't tell policy"
#3 Steaks at Golden Steer are the Best, Binions second place and Circus Circus third. Golden Steer has great vintage Vgeas Steakhouse ambiance and Frank Sinatra is almost always on the Muzak. Binions has a great view and Circus Circus has a great classic Steakhouse ambience, but last time I went there my Steak was ok-not fantastic. I did have a great time though.
If you like it, it is ZAZZ! If you don't it is RAZZ!

Rogue Trader
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-02-05 12:53 pm   Permalink

Hi, I Know this is about places that are open, but how about some now closed places that should be remembered:

Alpine Village- this was an amazing place. esp. the Ratskeller

The Venetion- killer I talian place on the side of the boulevard mall

The aku aku- need I say more

Don the Beachcombers- ditto

vinnies paradise lounge- crazy place- Black velvet paintins of virgins and devils behind the bar- red pattent leather and even a red toilet.

View Profile of Rogue Trader Send a personal message to Rogue Trader  Goto the website of Rogue Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation