FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Mele Kalikimaka HH Cruise of LIghts
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
Mele Kalikimaka HH Cruise of LIghts
stentiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-11-06 6:08 pm   Permalink

In celebration of Mele Kalikimaka, I would like to get a group of TCer's out for the Huntington Harbour Cruise of Lights. We can start at the Stentiki Hut for drinks and pupus, go on the Harbor Cruise (kinda like the Jungle Cruise but with holiday lights!), and then head over to Sam's Seafood afterward (only 5 minutes away!).

Here is what I propose:

Saturday, December 14, 2002
Stentiki's for Drinks & Pupus at 5:00 PM
Leave for Cruise at 7:30 PMish
Cruise at 8:30 PM
Sam's Seafood at 9:30 PM

Please post if you are interested.

The cruise is sponsored by the OC Philharmonic Society and the cost is $12 per person. I called today and they have plenty of tickets now but they sell out fast, so if you are interested please call (714) 840-7542 right away for reservations.

Hope to see you!

Arty

View Profile of stentiki Send a personal message to stentiki  Email stentiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki_Bong
Deleted

Posted: 2002-11-06 6:18 pm   Permalink

Uncle Arty,

Me and Madam Bong are in.

Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Alnshely
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-11-06 7:08 pm   Permalink

We're in
Mahalo,
Al

View Profile of Alnshely Send a personal message to Alnshely  Email Alnshely     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Traderpup
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-11-06 7:45 pm   Permalink

Count me and a buddy in!

visit Traderpup.com

View Profile of Traderpup Send a personal message to Traderpup  Email Traderpup Goto the website of Traderpup     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PolynesianPop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-11-07 07:59 am   Permalink

* * * The Polynesian Popster * * *

[ This Message was edited by: PolynesianPop on 2002-11-07 08:04 ]

View Profile of PolynesianPop Send a personal message to PolynesianPop  Email PolynesianPop Goto the website of PolynesianPop     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PolynesianPop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-11-07 08:00 am   Permalink

I've got a Christmas gift exchange thing happening that night. What time is everyone hitting Sam's? Maybe I can meet up afterwards.

[ This Message was edited by: PolynesianPop on 2002-11-07 08:05 ]

View Profile of PolynesianPop Send a personal message to PolynesianPop  Email PolynesianPop Goto the website of PolynesianPop     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki_Bong
Deleted

Posted: 2002-11-07 09:39 am   Permalink

Damn it Pop!

If you don't start blowing work things off and join the care-free TC crowd, we'll ask Hanford to knock your number of posts down to 10!

Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
floratina
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-11-07 10:17 am   Permalink

This is probably the same date of the Santa Rampage! I am still trying to find out. The authorites are not fond of the naughty Santas so planning is typically done in a clandestine manner. Here is a link that summarizes one of these events well:

http://la.cacophony.org/santa1999.html

Here is the main archive site for Santacon events that take place in different parts of the country:
www.santarchy.com

Check it out. It's good for a laugh.

View Profile of floratina Send a personal message to floratina  Email floratina     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PolynesianPop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-11-07 10:32 am   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: PolynesianPop on 2002-11-07 10:34 ]

[ This Message was edited by: PolynesianPop 2013-02-05 09:55 ]

floratina
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-11-07 1:14 pm   Permalink

I have gone to a couple of Rampages. They had us meet at a central location at 10:00 am where we boarded our chartered "sleighs" (buses)and the libations flow right away. The first year we were whisked off to the Pomona Gun Show on our first stop. Last year, Brand Boulevard in Glendale was first. By the time we worked our way down to the Galleria, the police were waiting for us. The triumphal entry into the mall by a hundred suspect, yelling, disheveled santas was responded to with looks of dumb shock by shoppers. I have the video. Classic.

Other stops included an ice skating trip downtown and target practice at the LA Gun Club. As ever, the lure of L. Ron Hubbard's Winter Wonderland on Hollywood Boulevard was irresistible. Their one lone, measly santa is no match for us!

View Profile of floratina Send a personal message to floratina  Email floratina     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Luckydesigns
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-11-07 1:30 pm   Permalink

I don't know if I'll make it for the cruise but I definately will see you all at my new favorite bar. In fact, I've been thinking,I like Sam's so much I think I'm gonna try and rent that water tower house just for the proximity.

View Profile of Luckydesigns Send a personal message to Luckydesigns  Email Luckydesigns Goto the website of Luckydesigns     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
DEBAGOGO
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2002-11-08 4:51 pm   Permalink

CAN'T MAKE THE CRUISE...BUT WILL DEFINITELY HOOK UP WITH EVERYONE AT OUR FAVORITE TIKI BAR TOO. GOGO AND I GOT MARRIED ON SUNSET BEACH AND HAD OUR WEDDING RECEPTION AT SAM'S IN THE HIDDEN VILLAGE WITH THE WATER FALLS AND IT WAS THE ULTIMATE END OF SUMMER PARTAY!
DEB AND GOGO BROCKWAY

[ This Message was edited by: DEBAGOGO on 2002-11-13 10:46 ]

[ This Message was edited by: DEBAGOGO on 2002-11-13 10:48 ]

[ This Message was edited by: DEBAGOGO on 2002-11-13 10:50 ]

View Profile of DEBAGOGO Send a personal message to DEBAGOGO  Email DEBAGOGO     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
stentiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-11-09 8:19 pm   Permalink

Aloha DEBAGOGO,

What an amazing place for a wedding reception! If we had known about Sam's Seafood before we got married we would have done the same.

Looking forward to seeing you there on December 14.

Looking forward to seeing all the "usual suspects" too!

Arty

View Profile of stentiki Send a personal message to stentiki  Email stentiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
elvira

Posted: 2002-11-11 06:12 am   Permalink

Mr. Elvira and I will be there for the boat cruise.

View Profile of elvira Send a personal message to elvira      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thebaxdog
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-11-11 6:51 pm   Permalink

I called up and made my reserve today for the boat, but it leaves right at 8:30.
They have a boat tour every hour so make sure you get the 8:30 boat. They will send me the tickets in the mail.
Don't try their web site it does not work.
The phone number to use is(714) 840-7542 and have your credit card handy when you call.
See you there.

Baxdog

[ This Message was edited by: thebaxdog on 2002-11-11 19:46 ]

View Profile of thebaxdog Send a personal message to thebaxdog  Email thebaxdog Goto the website of thebaxdog     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation