FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Bilge Answering All Your Questions About the Great White North
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Answering All Your Questions About the Great White North
tikifish
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-11 06:06 am   Permalink

What is Poutine? Who was Tim Horton? And do dogsledders have to put money in the parking meter? All these questions and more can be answered here.

View Profile of tikifish Send a personal message to tikifish  Email tikifish Goto the website of tikifish     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
virani
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-11 06:25 am   Permalink

Do you eat ice cream ?
Is the Quebec going to be free ?

View Profile of virani Send a personal message to virani  Goto the website of virani     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-11 06:35 am   Permalink

So do Canadians really say "eh" after every sentence? (Don't you love cultural stereotypes. You are labelled and judged accordingly. Crikey, gotta go, I gotta see a man about a wallaby, and after that im gonna drink a fosters and put a shrimp on the barbie) (no, not the barbi twins)

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Urban Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-11 06:39 am   Permalink

Why do all of the pot-bellied, middle aged Canadian men insist on wearing speedos when they go to Miami Beach?

View Profile of Urban Tiki Send a personal message to Urban Tiki  Email Urban Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ookoo lady
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-11 06:47 am   Permalink

Do you use the decibel system?

View Profile of ookoo lady Send a personal message to ookoo lady      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikifish
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-11 06:56 am   Permalink

1. Yes, we eat ice cream.

2. 'The Quebec' may one day be free, but if they do, I am going to launch a lawsuit asking for compensation for all the years of French class I had to take.

3. Yes, I say eh, eh? Just ask anyone who saw me oot and aboot at the SF crawl. 'Eh' is a linguistic extension of canadian politeness - saying 'eh' after a statment softens it by adding the nuance of 'do you agree?' so your statement doesn't seem so blunt and direct. Instead of saying 'Jimmy Buffet Sucks Weasel Balls' you can say 'Jimmy Buffet Sucks Weasel Balls, Eh?' - see, it sounds so much nicer that way.

4. Because all of the pot-bellied, middle aged American men insist on wearing Hooter's T-shirts and socks with their sandals when they come to Toronto.

5. I am a great supporter of the decibel system. Especially when it goes to 11.

[ This Message was edited by: tikifish 2005-08-11 06:59 ]

View Profile of tikifish Send a personal message to tikifish  Email tikifish Goto the website of tikifish     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Gigantalope
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-11 06:58 am   Permalink

Why is it that the Qubeckers are always wanting to jump ship from the rest of Canada and why is it that the rest of Canada can't vote to get them out of the Country?

Is Curling (The only Olympic Sport you can do while smoking)on TV there?

Do those White Bears only come out on trash night?

Tell us some Newfie stories!

View Profile of Gigantalope Send a personal message to Gigantalope  Email Gigantalope     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikifish
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-11 07:05 am   Permalink

6. They are trying to keep us away from their delicious Poutine.

7. Yes, curling is on TV. I have curled myself and do enjoy it, for reasons you have already mentioned.

8. Polar bears are far more interested in eating humans than their garbage.

9. A Newfie is walking down the street with a case of beer under his arm.His friend Doug stops him and asks, "Hey Bob! Whacha get the case of beer for?"

"I got it for my wife, eh." answers Bob.

"Oh!" exclaims Doug, "Good trade."

[ This Message was edited by: tikifish 2005-08-11 07:06 ]

freddiefreelance
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-11 08:19 am   Permalink

Why is the sport of Nude Curling not taking off like you'd think?

Is the CN Tower the height of 6 football fields, or 5?

Are the Canadians really massing on our borders, preparing to rush across (as William Shatner, Michael J. Fox, Monty Hall, Mike Meyers & Alex Trebek already have) as soon as you can convince us to put Mayonaise on French Fries?

Why do they put Canadian Bacon on Hawaiian Pizza?

Please post pictures of yourself or your family wearing your favorite touques, eh?

View Profile of freddiefreelance Send a personal message to freddiefreelance      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chongolio
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-11 10:40 am   Permalink

Tikifish, Is it true that you dont need a passport to get into Cananda if you have a mullet and are wearing a hockey jersey?

Chongolio the hoser

P.S. My Granny arrives in California today. She is vistin' from B.C. Cool eh?

Chongolio.com
Stoke & Flow
Facebook

View Profile of Chongolio Send a personal message to Chongolio  Email Chongolio Goto the website of Chongolio     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tangaroa
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-11 12:05 pm   Permalink

What the hell ever happened to Milkwalker?

View Profile of Tangaroa Send a personal message to Tangaroa      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MachTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-11 12:21 pm   Permalink

Who would win in a barfight: Honeymoon Suite, Platinum Blonde, April Wine, Loverboy or Bryan Adams with his wingman Corey Hart?

View Profile of MachTiki Send a personal message to MachTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tangaroa
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-11 12:24 pm   Permalink

Milkwalker is a Vancouver milk carton mascot from the 1986 Expo.

Body: A milk carton with human eyes & mouth.
Arms: - Loooong E.T. type arms
Legs: Long jointed legs with webbed duck feet.

I swear to God.

I saved the milk carton - but God knows where it is - I will have to start digging....

View Profile of Tangaroa Send a personal message to Tangaroa      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
dangergirl299
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2005-08-11 1:01 pm   Permalink

My family is visiting Canada in February for my mother's 60th b-day. Can you recommend a hotel and restaurant?

In an unrelated matter, is it true that prostitution is legal up there?

View Profile of dangergirl299 Send a personal message to dangergirl299  Email dangergirl299 Goto the website of dangergirl299     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikifish
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-11 1:15 pm   Permalink

10. 2 words: frostbitten nipples

11. The CN Tower is the height of 5 football fields. stacked end-to-end. Which means nothing to us, as we play hockey.

12. You can keep them. We don't want them back.

13. Because it tastes closest to SPAM(tm)

14. I have no photos of the type you are seeking handy, as it is 35 degrees c out right now. However here is a picture of my cousin Stephanie and her baby both in toques of sorts. I hope this helps, it's all I could find on short notice.
http://www.sunriseadventures.com/aboutus.php

[ This Message was edited by: tikifish 2005-08-11 13:17 ]

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation