FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Music New at Tiki-Tim's blog ....Paul Conrad-Exotic Paradise(1960)
New at Tiki-Tim's blog ....Paul Conrad-Exotic Paradise(1960)
Tiki-Tim
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-14 12:32 pm   Permalink

I just added Paul Conrad-Exotic Paradise to my blog.Great album and hard to find in Stereo.I would also like to say thanks to everyone for the compliments on my blog.Here's a link to my blog... http://www.tikitim43.blogspot.com

View Profile of Tiki-Tim Send a personal message to Tiki-Tim  Email Tiki-Tim     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kono
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-14 5:06 pm   Permalink

Sounds great! Thanks for this one. I've been looking for it for a while. It's a super clean rip as well. I'm listening to it over headphones and I really can't hear any surface noise at all (I'm up to track 4). It doesn't sound filtered either. Was this virgin vinyl?

View Profile of Kono Send a personal message to Kono  Email Kono Goto the website of Kono     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
johntiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-14 6:06 pm   Permalink

Ah - I've been waiting for this one! Well worth the wait!

View Profile of johntiki Send a personal message to johntiki  Goto the website of johntiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Urban Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-15 07:12 am   Permalink

Thanks for this and all the other good music, Tiki Tim!

View Profile of Urban Tiki Send a personal message to Urban Tiki  Email Urban Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cynfulcynner
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-15 11:43 am   Permalink

Stupid question.....

Is this the same Paul Conrad as the L.A. Times editorial cartoonist? He is also an accomplished pianist.

View Profile of cynfulcynner Send a personal message to cynfulcynner      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-Tim
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-15 2:18 pm   Permalink

Hi all... I'm glad everyone likes this LP so far.Kono,this was a virgin LP but I did clean it up a little.There was some hum and a little surface noise.Plus track #1 started off funny.Sounds like they turned microphones on as soon as he hit the first chord.Thanks John & Urban for the kind comments.Cynfulcynner,I believe I also read somewhere on the internet last week that he was a cartoonist for the L.A.Times.Be looking for Tak Shindo's Mganga next week...

View Profile of Tiki-Tim Send a personal message to Tiki-Tim  Email Tiki-Tim     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Rum Balls
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2005-08-15 5:01 pm   Permalink

Echoing other kudos...the sound quality is great, and I'm pretty damn picky!

View Profile of Rum Balls Send a personal message to Rum Balls      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation