FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Home Tiki Bars The Moai Lounge (home bar)...As Seen on TV!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
The Moai Lounge (home bar)...As Seen on TV!
Monkeyman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-15 12:11 pm   Permalink

DUDE !!!!!

Thats great!

View Profile of Monkeyman Send a personal message to Monkeyman  Email Monkeyman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-15 1:17 pm   Permalink

Way to go Scott!
A beautiful vision it is..
Congrats!

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MachTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-15 1:33 pm   Permalink

Scott,

That is one hell of a bar!!! Great job.

View Profile of MachTiki Send a personal message to MachTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Raffertiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-15 2:30 pm   Permalink

Way too cool!

View Profile of Raffertiki Send a personal message to Raffertiki  Email Raffertiki Goto the website of Raffertiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-15 7:10 pm   Permalink

Thanks for the extra pics of that light. Looking back through the pictures (again), sooo sweet

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiGardener
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-15 7:21 pm   Permalink

Does that light generate any heat? I only ask because of the proximity of the light to possible flammable materials.

Be careful, it'd be horrible of this palce were suffer any damage from a fire.

You've done an amazing job!

View Profile of TikiGardener Send a personal message to TikiGardener  Goto the website of TikiGardener     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Turbogod
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-15 8:00 pm   Permalink

Top Notch bar. When's the party?

View Profile of Turbogod Send a personal message to Turbogod      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Slacks Ferret
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-15 8:09 pm   Permalink

That is one of the finest home bars I've seen. Great job!

View Profile of Slacks Ferret Send a personal message to Slacks Ferret  Email Slacks Ferret     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Scottiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-08-15 8:56 pm   Permalink

TikiGardener: the bulb in the lamp is a standard MR16 halogen bulb, so while it does put out a bit more heat than, say, an incandescent bulb, it's not presenting a fire hazard. The photos don't quite capture the breathing room the fixture has from either the thatch on the ceiling or directly in front of it. The (relatively) low heat MR16 bulb was definitely a consideration when I was looking at ellipsoidal lights (size was the other, perhaps main consideration).
Thanks for the thought, and just in case...we've got 3 smoke detectors, 3 fire extinguishers & plenty of insurance!
Turbogod: gotta consult with the wahine as to when the unveiling for local tikiphiles will be...keep an eye on the marylanddctiki boards
peace,
Scottiki

[ This Message was edited by: Scottiki 2005-08-15 20:57 ]

View Profile of Scottiki Send a personal message to Scottiki  Email Scottiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Moondance
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-15 9:16 pm   Permalink

YOU RAWK!

View Profile of Moondance Send a personal message to Moondance  Email Moondance Goto the website of Moondance     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
codelisa
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-15 10:23 pm   Permalink

WOW, that is TOTALLY AWESOME! Looks like you thought of everything. All that hard work and now it's time to sit back and enjoy....for years and years. Beautiful job!

Have a drink on me...

View Profile of codelisa Send a personal message to codelisa      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Haole Kat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-15 10:29 pm   Permalink

Stunning!

View Profile of Haole Kat Send a personal message to Haole Kat  Email Haole Kat Goto the website of Haole Kat     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Scottiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-08-15 10:36 pm   Permalink

Actually, the bamboo bridge entrance doesn't currently cross over anything...I'm thinking about a small, fake river of lava.
Anyone ever try making a glowing fake lava flow, you know, like those cheesy electric fire logs? I'm trying to figure out how to achieve the glowing effect...
Thanks again for the incredibly kind words...I'm just happy to be able to share what I've learned from others here on TC!

peace,
Scott

View Profile of Scottiki Send a personal message to Scottiki  Email Scottiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rodeotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-15 10:46 pm   Permalink

Just wondering if you would mind telling me how tall the bar stools are and your bar height. Just trying to get some ideas for my deck.

Thanks

View Profile of rodeotiki Send a personal message to rodeotiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Scottiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-08-16 07:49 am   Permalink

Rodeo: Stools are 31" including seat cushions, and bar is 44" high.
Thanks for asking!
peace,
Scottiki

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation