FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Home Tiki Bars The Moai Lounge (home bar)...As Seen on TV!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 )
The Moai Lounge (home bar)...As Seen on TV!
tikigap
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-03 9:17 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-03-03 20:44, Scottiki wrote:
should I be concerned whether my home bar is up to code?

Your homeowners insurance may not cover you if the place burns down and they can prove that it was because of the Lounge. I aint no lawyer and I aint no insurance agent, however. Hey I'm twitchin and jerkin for next weekend.

[ This Message was edited by: tikigap 2006-03-03 21:18 ]

View Profile of tikigap Send a personal message to tikigap  Email tikigap Goto the website of tikigap     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-03 11:29 pm   Permalink

Excellent tiki bar ScotTiki. I Love the sign light and the stair ships rigging. I wouldn't worry about code too much, unless you smell smoke when using the blender. Then have an electrician friend check it and ask him about the code req's.
Have fun, Don't worry. Looks like t=you know how to throw a super party.

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikigap
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-12 12:24 am   Permalink

Waaaaaaaaaay Cooooooooool! And it's just up the road!

Thanks! You know.

[ This Message was edited by: tikigap 2006-03-12 00:25 ]

View Profile of tikigap Send a personal message to tikigap  Email tikigap Goto the website of tikigap     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikisobayli
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-12 04:36 am   Permalink

That is one amazing space! I have to say that has to be one of the top home bars I have ever seen. Amazing and wonderful work!

View Profile of tikisobayli Send a personal message to tikisobayli  Email tikisobayli Goto the website of tikisobayli     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bongofury
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2006-03-25 07:52 am   Permalink

I missed this one too. I love to see peoples home spaces. You guys did a great job and all your hard work has paid off. The Moai Lounge appears to set a proper mood as seen by your happy guests.

View Profile of bongofury Send a personal message to bongofury  Email bongofury     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hau 'oli Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-27 7:02 pm   Permalink

CHEESE & CRACKERS!!!!!
I Love...all of it! It's all absolutely fabulous! Swanky!
That does it! I'm gonna go whole hog and do the rest of the house!!
Did you make the lil bridge? I'm hoping you got it from Benson's or somethin, cuz I want one too!!
Can the light signature go bigger? I wanted something like that to project onto the outside wall of the house above the pool bar. So like, real big. I got the thingy from Ikea for Christmas that projects snowflakes or random shapes through the cookie, but it gets fuzzy when I try to get it big. (wall is @ 2 stories high and 10 feet across).
I can't find my specs...is the lounge a Haywood Wakefield? Love it...so whereja get it?
Again...Just LOVE it ALL!!! Ever come to Cali, I'm at your service! Join us for some rum!

View Profile of Hau 'oli Tiki Send a personal message to Hau 'oli Tiki  Email Hau 'oli Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Scottiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-03-28 10:48 am   Permalink

Hau...
The bridge came from
these folks, was reasonably priced, quickly & inexpensively shipped, and pretty easy to assemble.
Not sure about the throw of my particular light (I had to deal with MAJOR space limitations), but this one would probably do the trick for ya! I'd suggest perusing the B&H Catalog...find an ellipsoidal light that'll work for you, then check Ebay for a better price.
I'm not familiar with Heywood Wakefield...but all of the furniture was cobbled together from a wide variety of sources...cast-offs from parents' friends'...Artwell's Bargain Center in Cambridge, MD...Target online...Island Rattan...varied antique/junk stores...etc.
Good luck with your space...post pics!
And I'll definitely give a shout next time we're on the left coast.

peace,
Scottiki

View Profile of Scottiki Send a personal message to Scottiki  Email Scottiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PockyTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-28 12:28 pm   Permalink

wow, deffinately looks roomier. Nice touch.

View Profile of PockyTiki Send a personal message to PockyTiki  Email PockyTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Slacks Ferret
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-27 10:57 am   Permalink

Worth another look.

View Profile of Slacks Ferret Send a personal message to Slacks Ferret  Email Slacks Ferret     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thistle
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-11-28 5:40 pm   Permalink

I agree, the Moai Lounge is inspirational! I'm still in the planning stages of my home tiki bar-2 alternatives, a 13' x 15' basement room, that houses the laundry, furnace , sump pump (all closed off by closet doors), w/ access to the outside via a w/o door & a 14' x 16' sunroom, (sort of an enclosed,unheated porch) off the back of the house. They both have access to the yard, where I'm trying to develop a tropicalesque garden.

Scottiki, you & your wahine have developed an awesome space! Thanks for the great ideas & images & I hope you enjoy many a peaceful moment in your paradise...

View Profile of thistle Send a personal message to thistle  Email thistle     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Johnny Dollar
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-28 7:07 pm   Permalink

[subliminal]new year's partyyyyy[/subliminal]

View Profile of Johnny Dollar Send a personal message to Johnny Dollar  Email Johnny Dollar Goto the website of Johnny Dollar     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Big Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-25 3:16 pm   Permalink

Just saw you guys on HGTV's "Look What I Did." AWWWWWEEEESOOOOOMMMMMEEEEEE!!!!!
Now I'm even more jealous than when I checked out the pics on TC! Everyone needs to see this show if they can! Now we have another problem though. If tiki is going mainstream, we'll have to find something else to do. HMMMM, I wonder if there's A Polka Central website. I can hang pierogis & kielbasa from the ceiling, pipe in some accordian music, yeah, that's the ticket! Seriously, awesome room. Hold your heads high & have a Zombie for me!

View Profile of Big Kahuna Send a personal message to Big Kahuna  Email Big Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tonga Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-09 8:33 pm   Permalink

It really looks great! I am working on my own Tiki sanctuary now and I am stealing lots of great ideas from your design.

View Profile of Tonga Tiki Send a personal message to Tonga Tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation