FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Beyond Tiki Paul Wellers New Video... Anybody seen it yet?
Paul Wellers New Video... Anybody seen it yet?
TikiGardener
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-15 7:14 pm   Permalink

I just saw it on VH1 Classic Current, and thought it was pretty damned good. I only hope the album doesn't fall into the patterns he's had with me for awhile. Namely having one reeally solid track on an album otherwise disposable music. And it pains me to say that. Wellers work in the Jam shone brilliantly when he was on stride. The few songs that he missed on, he missed pretty badly.

So anybody seen the video, or heard the tune?

View Profile of TikiGardener Send a personal message to TikiGardener  Goto the website of TikiGardener     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikitortured
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-17 6:36 pm   Permalink

Ooooh, I'm not down with you on that one TG. Weller's solo stuff really does it for me! It ain't the Jam but c'mon. Can't wait to see him at the Wiltern (L.A.) in September!!

View Profile of tikitortured Send a personal message to tikitortured  Email tikitortured Goto the website of tikitortured     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiGardener
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-17 7:48 pm   Permalink

I hear ya and respect ya! But I hope that the entire album is as strong as the track I saw. Hows that for tryimg to be positive?

View Profile of TikiGardener Send a personal message to TikiGardener  Goto the website of TikiGardener     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2005-08-17 9:01 pm   Permalink

Crossposted from the "Things You Like That Everyone Else Hates" thread:

The Style Council

View Profile of martiki Send a personal message to martiki  Email martiki Goto the website of martiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiGardener
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-17 9:42 pm   Permalink

Hehe, I have a lot of "rare" Style Council 12 inch singles and import version of the albums...

tikitortured
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-18 08:48 am   Permalink

Yeah, I own pretty much everything the Style Council put out but they're a little, shall we say "light in the loafers"...not that there's anything wrong with that, it just kinda lacked the testosterone that my Neanderthal self enjoys. I really have to be in one of those moods to listen to them. You know what I'm talking about, when your wife is gone and you rifle through her panty drawer and try stuff on. That's when the Style Council really hits the spot!

View Profile of tikitortured Send a personal message to tikitortured  Email tikitortured Goto the website of tikitortured     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation