FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events running with the tikis! Finish Pics!! pg 3
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
running with the tikis! Finish Pics!! pg 3
crazy al
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-30 11:22 pm   Permalink

Hmmm... Ben's Bamboo Holders up of Auction? GREAT!
I heard somewhere that Ben has some Eli pics to accompany my charity tiki........???

The ASA, 26 mile, Tiki of wounder hasn't seen day light since the Lucky Tiki Art Show.... Quite a bit more work to go on #100...

I haven't started the bidding yet on the tiki,I never seem to get a sign up sheet drawn up for the past events. Considering the excellent nature of this log, and that the hardness of it has given me only one choice to just carve the crap out of it.

The bidding will most likely start at my minimum off $100 a foot.....more info later.

View Profile of crazy al Send a personal message to crazy al  Email crazy al Goto the website of crazy al     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikibob
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-31 6:58 pm   Permalink

Who's 65 Thunderbird is that in the back ground?

Tiki Bob

View Profile of tikibob Send a personal message to tikibob  Email tikibob Goto the website of tikibob     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-31 7:15 pm   Permalink

Interesting timing as Ms Swanky's father just had a mild stroke last week and we are suddenly becoming experts. Great work Al!

Announcing Swank Pad and Crazy Al's Molokai Maiden!

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-01 9:38 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-08-30 23:22, crazy al wrote:
Hmmm... Ben's Bamboo Holders up of Auction? GREAT!
I heard somewhere that Ben has some Eli pics to accompany my charity tiki........?

Yes I do Mr. Crazy Al!!! They will be up next week, fo sure!!!

Eli ( Ely to Sven and James, BOT and TRT) my Grandfather, my middle name, The Original Beachcomber, Decorator of many Tiki Icons of the past, passed away from 7 strokes.

Being that, I'm donating 7 -8x10 re-prints of some his classic Tiki pics. Several Aku Aku behind Disneyland( not the BOT one), Cranes Luau, Kelbos, Trader Dicks and a few more "Un-re-leased Pics" for "Private Consumption!" Might even throw in some Boo frames too.

Have at it when they come up. It ALL goes to Al's charity. He's not just running for the Tikis, he's running for us!

I poke C'Al all the time about training but He & Lady Lizzy are really into this and serious. Score for both of them. GO!

What. No bids on the shirt and shorts??? Arrrrrrr!!!

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
alohabros
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-01 10:27 pm   Permalink

... running is good exercise... remember to stretch, drink water and take your vitamin C...

View Profile of alohabros Send a personal message to alohabros      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MsSwanky
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-09-02 2:05 pm   Permalink

As Swanky said, my father suffered a stroke for the first time last week. It was a shock...
I was very pleased to see what you are doing and applaud your tremendous efforts! I also greatly appreciate it! I wish I could help further your efforts by contributing money, but every last penny I have will be going directly to a victim, my dad.
I just wanted to give you some encouragement and to encourage others here to help out.
A stroke is an ugly thing and there is no expecting it... it just happens... and you can never prepare yourself for the ramifications of it.
Good Luck Al! And many thanks from myself and my family!

View Profile of MsSwanky Send a personal message to MsSwanky      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrsmiley
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-02 2:25 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-09-02 14:05, MsSwanky wrote:
As Swanky said, my father suffered a stroke for the first time last week. It was a shock...
I was very pleased to see what you are doing and applaud your tremendous efforts! I also greatly appreciate it! I wish I could help further your efforts by contributing money, but every last penny I have will be going directly to a victim, my dad.
I just wanted to give you some encouragement and to encourage others here to help out.
A stroke is an ugly thing and there is no expecting it... it just happens... and you can never prepare yourself for the ramifications of it.
Good Luck Al! And many thanks from myself and my family!

sorry to hear this, I hope he can have a good recovery.
If you like it, it is ZAZZ! If you don't it is RAZZ!

View Profile of mrsmiley Send a personal message to mrsmiley  Email mrsmiley Goto the website of mrsmiley     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
crazy al
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-04 11:41 am   Permalink

Thanks all for your great efforts and sharing your stories.... Stoke is a 'Life Time' of rebuilding.... so......
I've suspended my ASA found raising a bit... New Orleans is a Tsunami of insane proportions and we all know what to do there......

in Oct.
look for Me and the Menehunes at the Purple Orchid with give aways and such
Also another Art Auction at the Lucky Tiki!!!
till then... I'm carving and training
more talking then chopping at Wes's

and what is this Lizzy's kicking my but walking?!!

and what's up with all these folks Running!!!

but ha ha!! i've got her at last!!

we just completed 8 miles this Sat!! 1 hr 40 min.... we've been running back from the half way mark and getting smarter about it. Thank God for the cool cloudy S.Cal marine layer till 10AM........nice

[ This Message was edited by: crazy al 2005-09-04 11:42 ]

View Profile of crazy al Send a personal message to crazy al  Email crazy al Goto the website of crazy al     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Basement Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-17 6:48 pm   Permalink

My dad had a minor stroke at 63 year before last...came out okay, but could have been much worse. Just tell me where to send these, Al. They are from my own collection. One is a Paupuan Gulf area canoe protection spirit mask, the other is a Mindibit (upper Sepik River area) penis gourd. Both are the real deal. P.M. me with your mailing adress and I'll get them out to you.

View Profile of Basement Kahuna Send a personal message to Basement Kahuna  Email Basement Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
crazy al
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-29 11:07 am   Permalink

Basement is Deep!!! thanks....

ALL Locals come out to Tiki Taix and see me Run!!!
more to come... hufff .. pufff... huff.............

crazy al
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-20 12:19 am   Permalink

14 miles in the bag... 16 miles are next...

[ This Message was edited by: crazy al 2005-10-20 00:21 ]

crazy al
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-26 12:40 am   Permalink

don't forget that with every $10 donated you get a raffle ticket for Tiki#100... just added some new pics of the latest developments...

http://tikimania.com/docs/bt_100.html
Now is your chance to get a real Crazy AL Special!
with all the manic detail!!
FOR $10!!!!!!!!!
(raffle is retroactive if you have already donated... Tickets will be mailed to you... however if you would like more raffle tickets you can make another donation.... if you live out side the LA area you will need to pay for shipping for the tiki in the event you win...)

I'm 3/4 of the way to the fund raising finish line... and i hope to go farther by race day!
Thanks for the support.... see you locals at the Lucky Tiki Art Auction!??????
http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=16957&forum=4&3

online donating
https://www.kintera.org/faf/donorReg/donorPledge.asp?ievent=103258&supId=90495245

SoccerTiki

Posted: 2005-11-01 10:46 am   Permalink

Recognizing a Stroke
----- A neurologist says that if he can get to a stroke victim within 3 hours he can totally reverse the effects of a stroke...totally. He said the trick was getting a stroke recognized, diagnosed and getting to the patient within 3 hours which is tough.

Sometimes symptoms of a stroke are difficult to identify.

Unfortunately, the lack of awareness spells disaster. The stroke victim may suffer brain damage when people nearby fail to recognize the symptoms of a stroke.

Now doctors say a bystander can recognize a stroke by asking three simple questions:

1. *Ask the individual to SMILE.

2. *Ask him or her to RAISE BOTH ARMS.

3. *Ask the person to SPEAK A SIMPLE SENTENCE
(Coherently) (ex. . It is sunny out today?) If he or she has trouble with any of these tasks, call 9-1-1 immediately ad describe the symptoms to the dispatcher.

After discovering that a group of non-medical volunteers could identify facial weakness, arm weakness, and speech problems researchers urged the general public to learn the three questions. They presented their conclusions at the American Stroke
Association's annual meeting last February. Widespread use of this test could result in prompt diagnosisand treatment of the stroke and prevent brain damage.

A cardiologist says if everyone who gets this e-mail sends it to 10 people, you can bet that at least one life will be saved.
BE A FRIEND AND SHARE THIS ARTICLE WITH AS MANY FRIENDS AS POSSIBLE, you could save their lives.
SoccerTiki

View Profile of SoccerTiki Send a personal message to SoccerTiki  Email SoccerTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SoccerTiki

Posted: 2005-11-19 6:08 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-10-26 00:40, crazy al wrote:
don't forget that with every $10 donated you get a raffle ticket for Tiki#100... just added some new pics of the latest developments...

http://tikimania.com/docs/bt_100.html
Now is your chance to get a real Crazy AL Special!
with all the manic detail!!
FOR $10!!!!!!!!!
(raffle is retroactive if you have already donated... Tickets will be mailed to you... however if you would like more raffle tickets you can make another donation.... if you live out side the LA area you will need to pay for shipping for the tiki in the event you win...)

I'm 3/4 of the way to the fund raising finish line... and i hope to go farther by race day!
Thanks for the support.... see you locals at the Lucky Tiki Art Auction!??????
http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=16957&forum=4&3

online donating
https://www.kintera.org/faf/donorReg/donorPledge.asp?ievent=103258&supId=90495245

So Al, are you still collecting for the ASA?????? Did you raffle the tiki yet? Can we still donate to the cause? What's the latest???
SoccerTiki

View Profile of SoccerTiki Send a personal message to SoccerTiki  Email SoccerTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
crazy al
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-20 11:47 pm   Permalink

Thanks only to the fantastic contribution of the tiki community and my fellow artist... I've smashed my goal for fund raising!!!

But this gaol was only a qualifying mark for the Honolulu Marathon and should be smashed to bits by all who have yet to contribute to this worthy cause.

so you can always donate on line by the mentioned web link, or mail in a check made out to Am. Stroke Ass. to my PO box

the raffle for tiki 100 will be after my Dec. 11th race some time... so stay tuned for info on that.......................

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation