FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events Jab's Southern Tiki Road Trip - pictures added
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
Jab's Southern Tiki Road Trip - pictures added
tikibars
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-21 11:06 am   Permalink

OUT-STANDING!

This is giving me an itch to hit the road - again.
2005 was the first time in many years that I didn't do at least one major road trip.
Dean, your post is making me antsy...

Thanks for all the pics, and the great advice on stuff to see.

View Profile of tikibars Send a personal message to tikibars  Email tikibars Goto the website of tikibars     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thejab
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2005-10-21 11:13 am   Permalink

I didn't take a lot of pics in Daytona mainly because on a previous trip I took pictures of every tiki and witco wall hanging we could find. I did notice the moai was back and I did get to look at the Hawaiian Inn showroom but didn't take any pics as it was real crowded and they were serving the buffet (which I didn't want to pay $30 for as I had already eaten at Julian's). I didn't even look in the Traders Restaurant because I thought it was tiki free inside (but I can't remember if I saw it on a previous visit or I just heard that).

I am very tempted to join you in 2006 for the January Hawaiian Inn gathering because 1. It would be more fun to see the show with the TC ohana then with a bunch of strangers, 2. I didn't get enough Florida sunshine during the Hukilau, and 3. I didn't see Kailuageoff and some other Florida TC folks at the Hukilau. Was he there?

Thanks for all the comments.

View Profile of thejab Send a personal message to thejab  Goto the website of thejab     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Formikahini
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-21 12:04 pm   Permalink

DEAN!!
THAT WAS FANTASTIC!
I loved especially the fotos of the food you enjoyed. Made me miss Southern cookin'.

You really did do a great job of seeing some of the very best of the South (where I lived for 17 years). And your fotos are great quality, too!
Is there a "SOUTHERN Geographic" that could hire you? I'd subscribe!

View Profile of Formikahini Send a personal message to Formikahini  Email Formikahini     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pablus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-21 9:48 pm   Permalink

Yeah, KailuaGeoff was there... just a couple days after the Hukilau.

Hawaiian Inn was truly something in January.
I had a blast.

Hope you can make it. I guarantee KailuaGeoff will be there because I know where he lives.

And Flounder better watch out too. I can find him. Just follow the crushed Pabst Cans.

View Profile of pablus Send a personal message to pablus  Email pablus Goto the website of pablus     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation