FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Bilge Personality Test?
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Personality Test?
Urban Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-17 06:15 am   Permalink

I remember somebody once said that people could be separated into two groups- those that loved Elvis, and those that loved the Beatles, and that preference could tell you a lot about a person (though they never said what it would tell you). Actually, I love both, but that's besides the point. It seems to me that there are other comparisons like that that could potentially tell a lot about a person, so I thought I would come up with a test where you would indicate your preference, and we could discuss what the results might say about a person (just for the fun of it):

1. Elvis or Beatles?

2. Ginger or Mary Ann?

3. Bugs Bunny or Road Runner?

4. James Dean or Marlon Brando?

5. Caddyshack or Animal House?

View Profile of Urban Tiki Send a personal message to Urban Tiki  Email Urban Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Rum Demon
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-17 08:14 am   Permalink

1. Beatles

2. Mary Ann

3. Road Runner

4. James Dean

5. Animal House

Now, what makes me tick?

-Joe

View Profile of Rum Demon Send a personal message to Rum Demon  Goto the website of Rum Demon     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
purple jade
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-17 09:05 am   Permalink

I think these were mentioned elsewhere on the board:

Munsters or Addams Family?
Flintstones or Jetsons?

View Profile of purple jade Send a personal message to purple jade  Email purple jade Goto the website of purple jade     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
johntiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-17 09:12 am   Permalink

Now I'm the exact opposite of Rum Demon...

1. Elvis
2. Ginger
3. Bugs Bunny
4. Marlon Brando
5. Caddyshack

...this could get interesting, I'm anxious to see if others vote directly down the line or if people tend to pick and choose.

Edited With PJ's additions...
6. Munsters
7. Flintstones

Aloha from the enchanted Pi Yi Grotto in exotic Bel Air Maryland!

[ This Message was edited by: johntiki 2005-08-17 09:14 ]

View Profile of johntiki Send a personal message to johntiki  Goto the website of johntiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Rum Demon
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-17 09:25 am   Permalink

Johntiki, you are my NEMESIS!!!

6. Addams Family
7. Jetsons

peace,
Joe

View Profile of Rum Demon Send a personal message to Rum Demon  Goto the website of Rum Demon     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Urban Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-17 09:37 am   Permalink

I have my own theories as to what each choice means, but wanted to get some answers first from people and then start a discussion on meanings (very unscientific, of course) but wanted to get answers first.

View Profile of Urban Tiki Send a personal message to Urban Tiki  Email Urban Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Monkeyman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-17 11:35 am   Permalink

1. Elvis
2. Mary Ann
3. Road Runner
4. Marlon Brando
5. Caddyshack

View Profile of Monkeyman Send a personal message to Monkeyman  Email Monkeyman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
johntiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-17 11:41 am   Permalink

Now we've got Monkeyman crossing the opposing lines set by Rum Demon and myself...now the question is, what does it all mean?

View Profile of johntiki Send a personal message to johntiki  Goto the website of johntiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PiPhiRho
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2005-08-17 12:06 pm   Permalink

1. Beatles
2. Mary Ann
3. Bugs
4. Brando
5. Animal House
6. Addams Family
7. Jetsons

View Profile of PiPhiRho Send a personal message to PiPhiRho  Email PiPhiRho Goto the website of PiPhiRho     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MachTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-17 12:16 pm   Permalink

1. Beatles
2. Ginger
3. Road Runner
4. Marlon Brando
5. Animal House
6. Munsters
7. Jetsons

View Profile of MachTiki Send a personal message to MachTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikifish
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-17 12:23 pm   Permalink

What does 'none of the above' mean?

View Profile of tikifish Send a personal message to tikifish  Email tikifish Goto the website of tikifish     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
badmojo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-17 12:26 pm   Permalink

1. Rolling Stones
2. Jeanie
3. Velma
4. John Cusack
5. National Lampoon's Vacation
6. Leave It To Beaver
7. Hong Kong Phooey

[ This Message was edited by: badmojo 2005-08-17 12:41 ]

View Profile of badmojo Send a personal message to badmojo      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MachTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-17 12:35 pm   Permalink

I would say that Mojo's reply prooves that he is a free-thinking no-conformist.

View Profile of MachTiki Send a personal message to MachTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Urban Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-17 1:36 pm   Permalink

Okay, to get the discussions rolling, I'm going to give my thoughts on what they mean, but I welcome differences of opinion as I am certainly no Psychologist.

1. This is kind of tough because the Beatles reinvented themselves a couple of times. If you look at early Beatles, you could say that they were rather straight laced and their music was pretty happy sounding, while Elvis was a little cooler and had a bad boy image. Perhaps Beatle fans have more eclectic tastes, while Elvis fans tend to be cooler and more rebelious.

2. Both girls are quite sexy, but Ginger is more glamorous and showy while Mary Ann is more honest and down to earth (just check out the difference in make-up) Ginger is more into image (both her own and her men) while Mary Ann is more real. This would mirror the values of the person that voted for each one (or it could just be the hair colors).

3. Both characters always get the best of their foes, but do so in much dofferent ways. Bugs is boisterous and loud, and uses elaborate schemes, while the Road Runner is quiet and uses simple escapes (usually involving his speed) to best his opponent. RR fans like to take the simple, direct approach to problems, whille BB fans like to make big plans and raise quite a ruckus. Or it could just be you think one is funnier than the other.

4. Both Dean and Brando were considered cool and hansome in their day, but they had vastly different acting styles. Like the difference between BB and RR above, Dean was quite and almost mumbled his lines- he was the strong silent cool. Brando played rough and tough characters and was considered by most to be the better actor (possibly the best of his day if not all time). There was just more substance to Brando's reputation as an actor, while Dean's rep was more from his image (which included the fact that he died so young). I think it could be a reflection of whether you value form over substance.

5. Both comedy classics about immature and fun loving rebels vs. the establishement and polite society. The difference seems to be that the protagonists in Animal House are really losers. They never really accomplish anything except wanton destruction and mischief. The folks in Caddyshack are mostly wealthy and successful anarchists- look at Chevy Chase and Rodney's characters- they're rich. Even the caddy ends up getting a job and a college scholarship. This would infdicate that Animal House fans just want to party and have a good time, while Caddyshack fans want to succeed, and then party and have a good time.

Discuss....

freddiefreelance
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-17 2:14 pm   Permalink

1. Beatles
2. Both, but Mary Anne's held up better
3. Bugs
4. Early Brando
5. Caddyshack
6. Addams Family
7. Flintstones

View Profile of freddiefreelance Send a personal message to freddiefreelance      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation