FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Required Carving Reading?
Required Carving Reading?
Moondance
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-17 10:53 pm   Permalink

We have the Tiki carving bug and learning more will be the only remedy. There are so many wonderfully artistic people here. Could anyone direct us to good books that will help us getting started carving?
Thank you in advance.
Annie

View Profile of Moondance Send a personal message to Moondance  Email Moondance Goto the website of Moondance     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AlohaStation
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-18 07:04 am   Permalink

To be honest, Tiki Central is the best resource you will ever find on carving tikis. Use the "Search" feature and you will find threads on everything: what type of wood, chisels, powertools and techniques. I think most carvers will agree that once you make that first cut you will be hooked. Any anxiety you have about starting will fade once you just get started carving. Good Luck.

View Profile of AlohaStation Send a personal message to AlohaStation  Goto the website of AlohaStation     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rodeotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-18 09:37 am   Permalink

this is a thread that I started and some others have added too . Lots of good info. http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=15749&forum=7

View Profile of rodeotiki Send a personal message to rodeotiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-19 2:36 pm   Permalink

Don't forget the #1 book every tiki carver should have is "The Book Of Tiki". If you have that the rest just falls into place.

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-21 10:25 pm   Permalink

I went to my local library and got a few books on woodcarving. Cost - Nothing

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation