FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events Crazy AL Tiki#94 TV!!!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Crazy AL Tiki#94 TV!!!
crazy al
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-29 6:32 pm   Permalink

me on know Ti-vo.......
it looks like they run one episode all week, so I'll see if TV Guide can get me an answer be for weeks end.

View Profile of crazy al Send a personal message to crazy al  Email crazy al Goto the website of crazy al     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrs. pineapple
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-29 8:22 pm   Permalink

I see C'Al on my TV!!!

Is it a pre-requisite that you need to be screechy and annoying to get a gig hosting on the TV Guide Channel?

Not Al, the screechy annoying hostess....

yeeekes!

Go Al!

View Profile of mrs. pineapple Send a personal message to mrs. pineapple      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
crazy al
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-29 9:17 pm   Permalink

well..... a get an A+ for hyping the show......

you could say that being in and out in the first quarter of the show saves a lot of commercial viewing..... if I new they where going to play the show for the whole week, I would have 'donated' my time to some more of the build out. I had to fly up to SF the next morning for an APE gig and had to miss the rest of the filming any.

Where was the Tiki during the 'Reveal'??? I'm sure I found a place in the Jungle some where.

I'll get some pic up a bit later.

TV Guide gave me this advise for Ti-vo folks
" We called our publicity person about that this evening! Go off of
the airdate schedule that I sent out, and have people TiVo whatever it says
is listed during that time block - i.e. it plays again at 11pm tonight (and
ma, and I think twice tomorrow."

View Profile of crazy al Send a personal message to crazy al  Email crazy al Goto the website of crazy al     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrs. pineapple
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-29 9:29 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-08-29 21:17, crazy al wrote:
well..... a get an A+ for hyping the show......

you could say that being in and out in the first quarter of the show saves a lot of commercial viewing..... if I new they where going to play the show for the whole week, I would have 'donated' my time to some more of the build out. I had to fly up to SF the next morning for an APE gig and had to miss the rest of the filming any.

Where was the Tiki during the 'Reveal'??? I'm sure I found a place in the Jungle some where.

Yeah a LOT of commercials, and the hostess was doing her best Eva Longoria look, yuck.

I think the tiki was right near the hot tub, the owners didn't even mention it They were too busy ooohing and ahhing over the cheesy vargas girl rip-off beer tap in the 'bar boat'. The owners were a bit lame, IMO. Pearls before swine, says Mr. P. The tiki was great Al, you were definitely the BEST part of the show They have no idea how much some of us would give for a tiki like that!

View Profile of mrs. pineapple Send a personal message to mrs. pineapple      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SoccerTiki
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2005-08-30 08:18 am   Permalink

Hey! Is this on a regular cable channel???? I searched for it and couldn't find it! Is it just on Satellite???
SoccerTiki

View Profile of SoccerTiki Send a personal message to SoccerTiki  Email SoccerTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dolphin Tiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-08-30 7:16 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-08-30 08:18, SoccerTiki wrote:
Hey! Is this on a regular cable channel???? I searched for it and couldn't find it! Is it just on Satellite???
SoccerTiki

If your local cable company has a website, try looking for channel listings and look for the channel # for the "TV Guide Channel" (sometimes abbreviated TVGC)

View Profile of Dolphin Tiki Send a personal message to Dolphin Tiki  Email Dolphin Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation