FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Hewey's Tiki Wagon: Update page 5
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
Hewey's Tiki Wagon: Update page 5
Palama Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-17 06:15 am   Permalink

nice job on the ride, hewey!

View Profile of Palama Tiki Send a personal message to Palama Tiki  Email Palama Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-17 06:48 am   Permalink

Thanks for the props.

Kon H, I ran a 20.2 (my first ever pass), and then my second was a 19.9. Im considering getting "DUZ-19S" plates made up for the next round just to take the piss. Im having a good time, and not taking it too seriously. Hey, I got more track time than any other competitor, haha

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikiwahine
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-17 09:18 am   Permalink

Yayy!

That looks great Hewey, what fun!

View Profile of Tikiwahine Send a personal message to Tikiwahine      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-17 3:07 pm   Permalink

Here are some more pics, taken off a photographers website (hence the watermark).

The wagon doing its best burnout attempt!

And the monster launches!

If you are interested in more photos follow this link, shows all the cars that ran.
http://badgerphotography.com.au/Cruzin%20Magazine%20Nostalgia%20Drags%20161005%20Page%201.htm

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
finkdaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-17 3:27 pm   Permalink

That is so freakin' COOL!!! I would love to try something like that. I Hope FD #1 helped out some. By the way, you wagon looks terrific!

View Profile of finkdaddy Send a personal message to finkdaddy  Email finkdaddy Goto the website of finkdaddy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kon-Hemsby
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-18 04:30 am   Permalink

Nice launch!

View Profile of Kon-Hemsby Send a personal message to Kon-Hemsby  Email Kon-Hemsby     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-18 04:59 am   Permalink

Super nice, Hewey. Love the car and the lettering is "Stand-out" Excellent.

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-16 04:28 am   Permalink

Thanks to Kahakai Kane for this awesome picture! I love it man.

Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-16 04:45 am   Permalink

So Hewewy, you have been holding out on us,, When were you at the Mai Kai?? And you didn't call us to let us know?? Must be why you and your tiki were so " Depressed".
Love it.

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-29 10:22 pm   Permalink

Update: The wagon is not to be mine Everyone that looks at the bug freaks out at the rust. We have recently found out the wagon has a rusty floor, and the engine is dieing. That coupled with the not-selling the bug factor just means it isnt gonna happen.

I have decided to go on a cruise to the South Pacific, so I cant afford to drop lots of money changing cars.

I will be back with another tiki wagon. Maybe a VW van. I just hope it is sooner rather than later.

hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-29 10:24 pm   Permalink

Im gonna keep the "Kustom KaHoona" name too (thanks wahine). I will use it in the future somewhere, maybe a tiki wagon, maybe a tiki bar, maybe a business name...

Bobby Peru
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-11-29 11:10 pm   Permalink

Hey Hewey
sorry to here that mate.
Hopefully the anticipation of your cruise and the memories it will provide you will let you forget all about the wagon.

PS Why not Tikify the bug? it would probably make a mean tiki mobile

cheers
Bob

View Profile of Bobby Peru Send a personal message to Bobby Peru      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-30 05:07 am   Permalink

Part of me would like to tikify the bug - the other part of me is sick of the damn thing, and would prefer to put my time into something I am gonna keep and enjoy. Im not gonna keep it much past the short term, so I cant mess with it too much, cause every dollar I save on it, is a dollar I can spend on something I would like to keep for a while. Also, gonna be even harder to offload it when its too personalised, its hard enough as it is already!

But, Im hanging to really mess with something. Hang around, I might get around to it in another 20 years or so, instead of just talking... (again)

Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-30 05:30 am   Permalink

Hewey, too bad about the Kustom Kahoona, I guess it just wasn't meant to be. TikiBug sounds pretty good tho.

foamy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-30 06:59 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-11-29 22:22, hewey wrote:
I have decided to go on a cruise to the South Pacific, so I cant afford to drop lots of money changing cars.

What do you mean? A big ship cruise or a small (sail)boat cruise? Cruise the South Pacific. One o'these days, if I'm lucky.

View Profile of foamy Send a personal message to foamy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation