FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events E-Hula Mau! da real hula show!
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
E-Hula Mau! da real hula show!
chan chan

Posted: 2005-08-24 08:18 am   Permalink

Na Mamo prouldly presents E Hula Mau, Southern California's BIGGEST Hula & Chant Competition. Held over Labor Day Weekend, September 2, 3, & 4th 2005. at the Terrace Theater in Long Beach, CA
cuz, It's da kine show!

[ This Message was edited by: chan chan 2005-08-24 11:12 ]

View Profile of chan chan Send a personal message to chan chan  Email chan chan     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
UtopianDreem
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2005-08-24 10:12 am   Permalink

For those interested, E Hula Mau takes place at the Terrace Theater in Long Beach, CA. More info at E Hula Mau.

View Profile of UtopianDreem Send a personal message to UtopianDreem  Email UtopianDreem     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2005-08-24 3:12 pm   Permalink

WooHoo!! Another Tiki-rrific Weekend Event. BooHoo! I don't want Summer to end

View Profile of WooHooWahine Send a personal message to WooHooWahine  Email WooHooWahine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Doctor Z
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-24 3:48 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-08-24 15:12, WooHooWahine wrote:
WooHoo!! Another Tiki-rrific Weekend Event. BooHoo! I don't want Summer to end

Yeah - you and me both...

But I think I'll try to make it to the daytime events on Saturday (and maybe on Sunday, too!)

[ This Message was edited by: Doctor Z 2005-08-24 15:49 ]

View Profile of Doctor Z Send a personal message to Doctor Z  Email Doctor Z     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2005-08-24 4:34 pm   Permalink

Dr.Z ~ You missed some WooHoo's at The LB Tiki Beach Festival last weekend. Soccer Tiki has a Good Story to tell you about a place he discovered in Port Angeles, Washington. Hope to see you at this event.

View Profile of WooHooWahine Send a personal message to WooHooWahine  Email WooHooWahine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2005-08-26 1:31 pm   Permalink

Can tickets be purchased the day of the event??

christiki295
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-27 1:24 pm   Permalink

I have, but there is the distinct possiblity of it being sold out.

View Profile of christiki295 Send a personal message to christiki295  Email christiki295     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2005-08-30 10:20 pm   Permalink

Is anyone planning on attending this event?? Looks like it is going to be another tiki-rrific weekend, with all kinds of tiki things going on. Woo Hoo

christiki295
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-02 6:08 pm   Permalink

I'll be in the house on Saturday.

Please find me.

View Profile of christiki295 Send a personal message to christiki295  Email christiki295     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Adornments by Milani

Posted: 2008-08-29 04:00 am   Permalink

Yes, please consider going to this fine cultural event filled with Hawaiian arts & crafts, foods, workshops, and of course, hula and chant competition. It is a spectacular, annual gathering of the best halaus (hula schools) in California and takes place this labor day weekend, Aug. 29-31. For more info, please visit Na Mamo.org or the Long Beach Performing Arts Center. Thanks for your support in perpetuating the Hawaiian culture and God bless.

Malama pono,
Adornments by Milani

View Profile of Adornments by Milani Send a personal message to Adornments by Milani  Goto the website of Adornments by Milani     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mongoloid
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-29 08:15 am   Permalink

The wife and i went last year and the performances are unreal. The keikis are awesome and Robi Kahakalau (one of my favorite Hawaiian musicians) and Sean Na'auao performed and definately transported us back to the islands. The competion is intense and the crowd really gets behind the performers with hoots and hollers. I had some of the best shave ice in my life there also, maybe mo bettah then Matsumoto im not sure what it was but to this day i still talk about that "experience". The vendors are mostly Kamaaina so as far as tiki goes its pretty minimal, but they have choke Hawaiian local style crafts, clothing etc... If you want a taste of real Hawaii close to home go check out E Hula Mau which i gaurantee will give you small kine chickenskin!

Okole maluna!

View Profile of Mongoloid Send a personal message to Mongoloid      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
King Bushwich the 33rd
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-29 09:13 am   Permalink

The Mahalo Bash is held Sunday as part of the E Hula Mau and features the greats of current Hawaiian music

Cyril Pahinui and Sonny Lim, Guitar
Kunia Galderia, `Ukulele
Greg Sardinha, Steel Guitar

Mahalo Bash

Cyril Pahinui article

View Profile of King Bushwich the 33rd Send a personal message to King Bushwich the 33rd  Goto the website of King Bushwich the 33rd     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mongoloid
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-04 09:04 am   Permalink

E Hula Mau always a good time. Charge em!

http://www.presstelegram.com/lifestyle/ci_13263004

[ This Message was edited by: Mongoloid 2009-09-04 09:09 ]

View Profile of Mongoloid Send a personal message to Mongoloid      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
King Bushwich the 33rd
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-04 10:10 am   Permalink

Most of the events are held in the Long Beach Terrace Theatre

E Hula Mau

but over at the Westin Long Beach Hotel you have

-Slack Key Workshop
Cyril Pahinui returns to Long Beach, CA and will be leading a Slack Key Workshop at the Westin Long Beach Hotel, Marina Room, 4th Floor, on Saturday, September 5th, from 10:00AM-12:00PM

-KANIKAPILA JAM 9:00PM-12:00AM on Saturday, September 5th
Bring your ukulele or guitar for impromptu jam sessions held in the hotel lobby. This event is free and open to the public.

View Profile of King Bushwich the 33rd Send a personal message to King Bushwich the 33rd  Goto the website of King Bushwich the 33rd     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Krisdrama
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-04 12:03 pm   Permalink

Can you get to the venders separately without paying for the show, or is it all one package?

View Profile of Krisdrama Send a personal message to Krisdrama  Email Krisdrama     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation