FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Davez_tikiz - finally finished one after 7 months!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 )
Davez_tikiz - finally finished one after 7 months!
Polynesiac
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-23 6:09 pm   Permalink

nice work so far dave! That tiki is coming along nicely. I like the one behind in the last picture too! (nice stain on it - what's that one carved from?)

Thanks for the long board surfin' info - I'm always looking for good places to long board. I'm still new to the whole surfing thing, but I don't like doing tricks and all that - I just like to stand on the board!

Keep us updated!

OMG! I'm on Instagram!

View Profile of Polynesiac Send a personal message to Polynesiac  Email Polynesiac Goto the website of Polynesiac     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TheBigT
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-24 12:09 pm   Permalink

Wow, awesome backyard and great carves! That fence is gonna be cool! So how did you split that log anyways? Looks pretty good from here.

View Profile of TheBigT Send a personal message to TheBigT      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Davez_tikiz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-24 3:18 pm   Permalink

Poly.... that's about how I surf too! The tiki behind it is pine... it's supposed to become a post for a tiki hut if I every get the other two done....

View Profile of Davez_tikiz Send a personal message to Davez_tikiz  Email Davez_tikiz     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Davez_tikiz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-24 3:19 pm   Permalink

BigT thanks!

I took the log, used a drywall T-square to draw a line down the middle, and then split it with a chainsaw.....

View Profile of Davez_tikiz Send a personal message to Davez_tikiz  Email Davez_tikiz     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TheBigT
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-25 1:37 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-03-24 15:19, Davez_tikiz wrote:
BigT thanks!

I took the log, used a drywall T-square to draw a line down the middle, and then split it with a chainsaw.....

Excellent!

View Profile of TheBigT Send a personal message to TheBigT      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
seeksurf
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-25 3:00 pm   Permalink

Looking good! I like the lengh of this guy and
the full body.

View Profile of seeksurf Send a personal message to seeksurf  Email seeksurf Goto the website of seeksurf     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Davez_tikiz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-29 6:01 pm   Permalink

Thanks! I'm really enjoying getting back into carving... here's a weekend update:

congatiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-29 7:10 pm   Permalink

Nice work Dave, that's the Coon Tiki spirit! I like what you are
doing with the top of the carving, and I dig the feets too.

View Profile of congatiki Send a personal message to congatiki  Email congatiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Grand Poobah
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-29 7:17 pm   Permalink

I agree. The headpiece looks fantastic

View Profile of Grand Poobah Send a personal message to Grand Poobah      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
big daddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-29 8:20 pm   Permalink

nice! he's coming along great. can't wait to see him finished.

bd

View Profile of big daddy Send a personal message to big daddy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Polynesiac
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-29 11:17 pm   Permalink

lookin good! I like what you're doing with the headpiece. I'm looking forward to seeing how the tiki turns out.

Your back yard looks like a real nice place to chill!

OMG! I'm on Instagram!

View Profile of Polynesiac Send a personal message to Polynesiac  Email Polynesiac Goto the website of Polynesiac     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
seeksurf
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-30 4:05 pm   Permalink

Hell ya love this guy great headdress.

View Profile of seeksurf Send a personal message to seeksurf  Email seeksurf Goto the website of seeksurf     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Davez_tikiz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-11-01 2:59 pm   Permalink

finished up today.... only 7 months later! Gotta start carving more.....

tikigodz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-11-01 3:40 pm   Permalink

WOW!!! from your first post to these guys AWESOME!!

View Profile of tikigodz Send a personal message to tikigodz  Email tikigodz     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation