FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Central Ohana South Florida... keep everything nailed down for us!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
South Florida... keep everything nailed down for us!
Chip and Andy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-28 6:42 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-08-25 18:29, tiki_kiliki wrote:
Don't worry about the Florida ohana guys. We are actually evacuated already and safe.

No.... worry about the Florida Ohana. Only the three of you left. The rest of the Florida Ohana are still here.

[ This Message was edited by: Chip and Andy 2009-06-05 17:01 ]

View Profile of Chip and Andy Send a personal message to Chip and Andy  Email Chip and Andy Goto the website of Chip and Andy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
freddiefreelance
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-29 07:30 am   Permalink

My Boss has been trapped in Florida since last week due to Katrina & her Waves, they had just getten back to the Keys from the Bahamas just before the storm hit the coast.

Looks like Nawlins missed the worst of it, there was plenty of structural damage (with so many old wood houses without the hurricane upgrades required in Fla. it was bound to happen), but only one levee was breached with 3 to 8 foot storm surge coming into the city. The levee breach was in the 9th Ward, so if anyone's brave enough could they go check on Fats Domino?

View Profile of freddiefreelance Send a personal message to freddiefreelance      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Pomaika i
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-29 12:22 pm   Permalink

Anyone know how the Mai Kai faired?

View Profile of Pomaika i Send a personal message to Pomaika i      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chip and Andy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-29 1:00 pm   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: Chip and Andy 2009-06-05 16:59 ]

View Profile of Chip and Andy Send a personal message to Chip and Andy  Email Chip and Andy Goto the website of Chip and Andy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cheekytiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-29 1:49 pm   Permalink

Hope everyone is safe and well.
With the Hurricanes of the last few years, are developers starting to build houses that can stand up to these conditions more?
I lived on the West Coast of Ireland for about 7 years and experienced some very strong winds (the highest was a 138mph gust!), so all the houses were built to take the weather, mostly single storey with small windows. They may not be that attractive but they don't seem to blow down and you can quite easily sit the big storms out.

www.cheekytiki.com
http://cheekytikiuk.blogspot.com/

"Don't drink water, fish f*~k in it" W.C. Feilds

View Profile of cheekytiki Send a personal message to cheekytiki  Email cheekytiki Goto the website of cheekytiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikivixen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-20 2:12 pm   Permalink

Not again...

The great state of Texas has been amazingly generous towards the homeless hurricane victims of Louisiana and Mississippi...

And here's a big
THANK YOU! from Mother Nature...

*sigh*

If I were one of the refugees in Houston right now I'd be starting to feel like the damn things were chasing me.

View Profile of tikivixen Send a personal message to tikivixen      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation