Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki Menehune Magic - Sheraton Kauai
Menehune Magic - Sheraton Kauai
tikiwinebear
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-26 4:15 pm   Permalink

Aloha! I have searched the TC postings to find any information on this mug from Daga, with no luck. My sources have told me that it hasn't been sold at the Sheraton Kauai at least over the last 8 years. Can anyone shed any light on it for me?

Mahalo!!
Myke

View Profile of tikiwinebear Send a personal message to tikiwinebear  Email tikiwinebear     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sneakytiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-17 01:59 am   Permalink

I gots one too!

View Profile of Sneakytiki Send a personal message to Sneakytiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TabooDan
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-07 4:34 pm   Permalink

I saw this post on here that Tikiwinebear had posted and the images are gone now.

I figured this is the mug so I would re-post it in case anyone else was wondering about it. This one is also marked "DAGA Hawaii" on the bottom. The mug itself says "Menehune Magic" with "Sheraton Hotel Kauai" followed by a bird on the front.

Not the coolest of mugs but still kind of interesting. I, myself, am not wondering about it. It kind of looks like my Uncle Mike hiding naked behind a pot!!

TabooDan

View Profile of TabooDan Send a personal message to TabooDan  Goto the website of TabooDan     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
keola
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-02-13 08:42 am   Permalink

I also have one of these but got it secondhand, so I don't know much about the history.

View Profile of keola Send a personal message to keola      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
LoungeShark
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-13 12:54 pm   Permalink

I actually just picked it up on ebay. Should be on it's way. I agree he's not the most handsome but my fantasy football team is the Menehunes so I just had to get it.

View Profile of LoungeShark Send a personal message to LoungeShark      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SuperEight
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-13 1:38 pm   Permalink

Was this a drink? Does anyone have the recipe?

View Profile of SuperEight Send a personal message to SuperEight  Email SuperEight     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
keola
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-02-14 12:50 am   Permalink

There was a drink at the Sheraton called "Menehune Magic" so I think this is a drink signature mug. However, I don't have the recipe... anyone have it?

Quote:

On 2010-02-13 13:38, SuperEight wrote:
Was this a drink? Does anyone have the recipe?

View Profile of keola Send a personal message to keola      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Koolau
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-17 10:07 pm   Permalink

Menehune Magic is still on the menu at The Point grill at the Sheraton Kauai - the menu describes the drink as "Mango & Cranberry Blended with Smirnoff Razberi". Obviously not the original recipe, as I doubt Smirnoff Razberi existed back in the day. Maybe Chambord was used originally?

View Profile of Koolau Send a personal message to Koolau      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SuperEight
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-08-14 9:13 pm   Permalink

I am visiting Kauai right now, looking over the remains of the Coco Palms at this very moment. I would love it if someone could come up with the original Menehune Magic recipe for me to end my trip.

View Profile of SuperEight Send a personal message to SuperEight  Email SuperEight     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation