FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Central Ohana Thoughts for PJ
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 )
Thoughts for PJ
Basement Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-20 11:20 am   Permalink

You are loved, PJ. Fight. I just e-mailed you..

View Profile of Basement Kahuna Send a personal message to Basement Kahuna  Email Basement Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikivixen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-20 1:07 pm   Permalink

Here's the story on FEMA running out of money...

FEMA IS BROKE

BUT...PJ, there IS hope...check THIS out, just in Friday...

CONGRESS OKS MORE FLOOD INSURANCE BORROWING...KATRINA CLAIMS PAYMENTS TO RESUME

So you will be able to get your money. The word was that unless Congress ponied up more money, a lot of people (including you) would have excellent grounds for suing the federal guvmint. Mind you, although being part of possibly the hugest lawsuit in US history might be more lucrative than a FEMA payout, this will probably be faster .

In the meantime, if you need help holding the bank at bay while FEMA changes its institutional sanitary undergarment, let us know. I figure a mortgage payment in New Orleans will look like a little fuzzy bunny compared to the vicious rabid jackal I'm shelling out each month in NoCal...no way will the evil bank be allowed to foreclose on your home!!! We love you!!!

View Profile of tikivixen Send a personal message to tikivixen      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
amiotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-20 3:22 pm   Permalink

Oh PJ - I haven't got the words to express how angry I feel about the government's complete failure to keep the faith with the victims of Katrina. And there are no words that can begin to express my sorrow for your situation.

I don't know if it will help, but I've sent messages to all of my state representatives/senators as well as as many of Louisiana's that would accept my out of district zip code, and what the hell - 60 Minutes - to see if there is any way to get your plight (as well as the thousands of other folks in the same situation) back into the public's awareness.

If I had money - it would be yours. All I have to offer is any and all emotional support that I can give. I wish there was more...

amiotiki

View Profile of amiotiki Send a personal message to amiotiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ookoo lady
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-20 4:31 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-11-20 10:51, purple jade wrote:
we could put in on a merciful friend's or relative's property. But we can't have the cats in it. So that's not an option at all.

I will take one of your cats, if that will help with your housing situation. I live in California but I'm sure we can figure out the transportation part.

View Profile of ookoo lady Send a personal message to ookoo lady      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
purple jade
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-20 6:55 pm   Permalink

Thanks ookoo lady, but even if I would part with any one of them, that would be but a drop in the ocean.
I've lost just about everything else comforting and familiar to me, there's no way I'm giving up my cats too.

View Profile of purple jade Send a personal message to purple jade  Email purple jade Goto the website of purple jade     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-21 11:57 am   Permalink

PJ, I am very sorry for your losses. I hope and pray for you and you're family. Hang in there girl! We do care. I hope these positive words will help in some way.

Oki NiKsoKoWa
(Hello all my relatives)
TikiJungle.com

View Profile of Jungle Trader Send a personal message to Jungle Trader  Goto the website of Jungle Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikifish
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-21 12:08 pm   Permalink

A drop in the ocean... or a grain of sand in the litterbox.

View Profile of tikifish Send a personal message to tikifish  Email tikifish Goto the website of tikifish     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-22 1:49 pm   Permalink

Oh PJ, that really really sucks. Please keep us informed as to what can be done to help you, and if there is any light at the end of the tunnel.

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MachTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-23 12:24 pm   Permalink

We're still all pulling for you PJ. You're always in our thoughts.

View Profile of MachTiki Send a personal message to MachTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
badmojo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-23 12:44 pm   Permalink

Jader, I have to say I think about you guys every single day when I slide on your pendant. The Idiots send their love.

View Profile of badmojo Send a personal message to badmojo      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
vintagegirl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-24 02:35 am   Permalink

It's things like this that really make me thankful (on this Thanksgiving Day) for the most basic things that most take for granted. Like a clean, safe and pleasant home for example. I almost wonder if the renters there have the easier way out by being able to just move away and start over somewhere else without a house to try to salvage or sell first. But I understand it just may not be that easy when you are attached to a city, especially one like New Orleans.

But just in case you are wondering PJ, my best friend just moved to Cabot, Arkansas 6 months ago and bought a 3 bedroom/2 bath house (about 1600 sq. ft) for around $100,000. She was really apprehensive about the move at first, but now she loves it there. (Her husband was offered a good job there.)

I also understand the desire to rebuild, no matter what. I hope and pray that things will begin to turn soon for you and there will be hope after all. And that one day, not too far away, you will have your clean, safe and pleasant home once again.

View Profile of vintagegirl Send a personal message to vintagegirl  Goto the website of vintagegirl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
vintagegirl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-30 10:08 pm   Permalink

Hey Kids, don't forget to get your limited edition Purple Jade mug. Less than 48 hours left!
http://www.tikifarm.com/katrina_mug.htm

View Profile of vintagegirl Send a personal message to vintagegirl  Goto the website of vintagegirl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation