FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Bilge Goth Day at Disneyland
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Goth Day at Disneyland
TikiGardener
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-30 08:12 am   Permalink

We used to call goth dancing "Gothic Tai Chi".

Goths who were more than a little heavier than should be wearing spandex were called "Black Planets". Sisters of Mercy did a song by that title. You have to say it the way Andrew Eldrich sang it.

Oh best day ever at an amusement park was when the Lords of the New Church played Magic Mountain back in the 80's. ten tourists, everyone else was punk or goth. And boy did those ten people from Oklahoma looked REALLLLLY confused.

[ This Message was edited by: TikiGardener 2005-08-30 08:14 ]

View Profile of TikiGardener Send a personal message to TikiGardener  Goto the website of TikiGardener     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tangaroa
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-30 09:03 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-08-30 08:12, TikiGardener wrote:
Oh best day ever at an amusement park was when the Lords of the New Church played Magic Mountain back in the 80's. ten tourists, everyone else was punk or goth. [ This Message was edited by: TikiGardener 2005-08-30 08:14 ]

How dare you besmirch Stryper's 1984 appearance at Magic Mountain!
Now that was a day to remember....

View Profile of Tangaroa Send a personal message to Tangaroa      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sabu The Coconut Boy
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2005-08-30 10:39 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-08-30 09:03, Tangaroa wrote:
Quote:

On 2005-08-30 08:12, TikiGardener wrote:
Oh best day ever at an amusement park was when the Lords of the New Church played Magic Mountain back in the 80's. ten tourists, everyone else was punk or goth. [ This Message was edited by: TikiGardener 2005-08-30 08:14 ]

How dare you besmirch Stryper's 1984 appearance at Magic Mountain!
Now that was a day to remember....

I think your comments belittle the momentous 1983 SPARKS concert at Magic Mountain.

View Profile of Sabu The Coconut Boy Send a personal message to Sabu The Coconut Boy  Email Sabu The Coconut Boy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-30 10:56 am   Permalink

When You Wish Upon a Scar

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cynfulcynner
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-30 11:07 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-08-30 10:39, Sabu The Coconut Boy wrote:
I think your comments belittle the momentous 1983 SPARKS concert at Magic Mountain.

Don't forget Spinal Tap's experimental jazz-metal performance there!

View Profile of cynfulcynner Send a personal message to cynfulcynner      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tangaroa
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-30 2:53 pm   Permalink

"I told them a hundred times: put Spinal Tap first and puppet show last!"

View Profile of Tangaroa Send a personal message to Tangaroa      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tangaroa
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-30 3:57 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-08-29 17:20, Exoticat wrote:
I would have loved to have attended Bats Day! I didn't know it existed. I lucked out in 2003 and caught the Haunted House in Nightmare Before Christmas mode on its very last weekend. I'm a huge NMBC fan and was down there for the Rose Bowl game and later we went to Disneyland. I was super happy with my luck on that one!

Laney has seen this - but back in my WDI days, I pitched a Nightmare Before Christmas dark ride for Fantasyland, only to be told, "Ahhhhhh - that film didn't do so well - besides, it doesn't really have any fans..."

Then in 2001, Entertainment Art did their first "Haunted Mansion Holiday" overlay - it was a huge success! C'est La Vie....

Anyway - here are some of my renderings from that pitch...

Sabu The Coconut Boy
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2005-08-30 4:06 pm   Permalink

Tang - did you ever go onto one of the Nightmare Before Christmas fan/chat sites and post pictures of your work. I think they'd probably treat you like godhead.

But then again, they'd probably eventually get used to you and take you for granted like we do poor Sven.

Sabu

P.S. I've been looking all through your picture and still haven't found the hidden tiki. Where'd you hide it?

[ This Message was edited by: Sabu The Coconut Boy 2005-08-30 16:08 ]

View Profile of Sabu The Coconut Boy Send a personal message to Sabu The Coconut Boy  Email Sabu The Coconut Boy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tangaroa
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-30 4:09 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-08-30 16:06, Sabu The Coconut Boy wrote:

P.S. I've been looking all through your picture and still haven't found the hidden tiki. Where'd you hide it?

I wasn't as addicted then as I am now....

John Doe Tiki
Deleted

Posted: 2005-08-30 4:22 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-08-29 15:46, freddiefreelance wrote:
Is there anything more pathetic than a middle-aged Goth with a combover & a bad dye job Do Goths consider themselves to be an "Alternative Lifestyle," and does anyone else consider them one when they seem mostly to be about accessorizing a black wardrobe with ripped stockings, straight dyed black hair, and crepe-soled boots with lots of buckles (kind of like a down-on-their-luck Michael Jackson impersonator)?

[ This Message was edited by: freddiefreelance 2005-08-29 16:01 ]

He who lives in tiki hut should not throw tiki torches!!!!!

Fluorescent colored Hawaiian shirts, tiki-idol necklaces, plastic flower leis, rubber flip-flop sandals, straw hats, Don Ho wannabes---you tell me what's more pathetic?!?

Seems Bats Day has had better attendance then any tiki-event that I've attended.

Different strokes for different folks. Or as Walt Disney would be singing "It's a Small world After all"

Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Exoticat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-30 4:42 pm   Permalink

<<they'd probably treat you like godhead. >>

Hell, I'm going to treat Tangaroa as a Godhead after seeing that! I'd never leave that place! AMAZING!!!

TANGAROA

[ This Message was edited by: Exoticat 2005-08-30 16:58 ]

View Profile of Exoticat Send a personal message to Exoticat      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tangaroa
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-31 11:16 am   Permalink

Thanks! I just wish they would have taken my pitch seriously... It could have been a great ride!

TikiGardener
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-31 8:42 pm   Permalink

We've been crating a lot of stuff for WD in the last few weeks.

A Disney rep is always nearby.

I pitched an idea that I told them would probably make them a major figure in Disney if they pitched it right.

And I only want 1 tenth of one percent of profits.

Disney should make a park that has nothing but the old attractions of Disneyland and Disney World. People would take their kids there first and show them all the rides they loved as a kid, and then go to Disneyland and enjoy the new rides. Heck that acreage at California Adventure would do nicely.

View Profile of TikiGardener Send a personal message to TikiGardener  Goto the website of TikiGardener     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Exoticat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-01 02:33 am   Permalink

I'm glad that I have not one, but TWO photos of myself in this thread in the silly BILGE section. That way when the flyer at the Post Office is hung listing major Bilge Offenders it'll be easier for the world to know what one really looks like.

If Rodeotiki were able to be in here he could take my photo and put a title over my head and make that dream come true. But sadly he's been shut out. RIP non-Grand Members and former Bilge posters. I, for one, miss you all (but you'll never know it).

View Profile of Exoticat Send a personal message to Exoticat      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
atomictonytiki
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2005-09-01 05:23 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-08-30 15:57, Tangaroa wrote:
I pitched a Nightmare Before Christmas dark ride for Fantasyland, only to be told, "Ahhhhhh - that film didn't do so well - besides, it doesn't really have any fans..."

About six months after NBC came ou i went to my local Disney store and asked the staff when the video would be comming out, i was led to the manager who informed me that it would never be released.

View Profile of atomictonytiki Send a personal message to atomictonytiki  Goto the website of atomictonytiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation