FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums General Tiki Donations for Hurricane Katrina relief?
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Donations for Hurricane Katrina relief?
Mystiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-31 1:52 pm   Permalink

Our thoughts are with friends (direct and extended) in Louisiana and region right now. I have a few I still can't reach...and I shudder to think. This devastation commands our attention, and I want to do my part to help.

We too will participate in eBay auctions (haven't listed in awhile, this would be a damn good reason to start), and any other way we can help out.

Thank you all for the links and helpful information on how we can get involved.

And remember also, this Labor Day, those foot soldiers in the Red Cross, Armed Forces, and like organizations, our civil servants, and community leaders, who always step out to give a helping hand in times of crisis as a matter of duty and honor. They need our thoughts and strength and financial support, so they can be strong to help others in need. I hope this statement isn't considered political, but more humanitarian. That is my intention.

Rae and Jamio

View Profile of Mystiki Send a personal message to Mystiki  Email Mystiki Goto the website of Mystiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikiwahine
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-01 10:49 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-08-30 16:16, docwoods wrote:
Those are super ideas.I wanted to bring something up that I don't wish to be upsetting.With all this coverage on the devestation,has anyone heard anything about other countries coming on board to lend us a hand?Shoot,the US is always right there for others when hardship hits.I hope I've just been missing this kind of offer of assistance.

Canadian leaders, agencies stand by to help U.S.

View Profile of Tikiwahine Send a personal message to Tikiwahine      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Johnny Dollar
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-01 11:21 am   Permalink

canada rocks! thx for the infoz tw

View Profile of Johnny Dollar Send a personal message to Johnny Dollar  Email Johnny Dollar Goto the website of Johnny Dollar     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Trader Woody
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-02 09:39 am   Permalink

"The United States has received aid offers from dozens of countries and international organizations since the deadly Hurricane Katrina swept through southern part the country earlier this week, the State Department said on Thursday.

"We have received general offers of assistance, as well as somemore specific offers of assistance, from a number of different countries and organizations, State Department spokesman Sean McCormack told a news briefing.

The countries that have offered US assistance include Russia, Japan, Canada, France, Honduras, Germany, Venezuela, Jamaica, Australia, Britain, Holland, Switzerland, Greece, Hungary, Colombia, the Dominican Republic, El Salvador, Mexico, China, South Korea, Israel, and the United Arab Emirates. "

Speaking as a Brit, I know there is a huge amount of sympathy over here, especially as the news seems to worsen rather than get better. I guess there hasn't been a mass rush to our wallets as everyone assumed the US would be able to roll out a big plan and help everyone out much sooner. Also, George Bush appeared on TV saying that while donations were welcome, they were not necessary. Back when the Tsunami happened, India refused aid in the same way, so everyone gave to the other countries affected.

Anyway, giving to organisations like the Red Cross is always a good decision!

Trader Woody

View Profile of Trader Woody Send a personal message to Trader Woody  Email Trader Woody     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrsmiley
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-02 4:47 pm   Permalink

This is from Volkswagen credit;

"VCI Defers Payments for Hurricane Katrina Victims

SEP 02, 2005 | Source: VWCredit | Author: Cicely Holland

Please see the attached press release sent from VW Credit, Inc. to aid customers affected by Hurricane Katrina.

If there are any customer questions, inquires you receive from Audi Financial Services, Volkswagen Credit, or Bentley Financial Services customers, please direct them to the numbers listed below:

o Audi Financial Services - 888-237-2834
o Volkswagen Credit - 800-428-4034
o Bentley Financial Services - 877-237-3878 "

If you like it, it is ZAZZ! If you don't it is RAZZ!

View Profile of mrsmiley Send a personal message to mrsmiley  Email mrsmiley Goto the website of mrsmiley     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation