FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Davez-tikiz - finally finished Lono 6-11 p.10
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 Next Page )
Davez-tikiz - finally finished Lono 6-11 p.10
Bay Park Buzzy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-02 4:33 pm   Permalink

Damn Dave, don't know how I missed all this last week. Great looking post. I owe you like, three `comments. Guess I was busy looking at Davez Drinkez. I hope your chemistry buddies don't mind you hanging out here for a awhile.
can't wait to see the whole post project hut thingy.
But, don't you think those little tikis should wear life vest when they are around the pool. If that one little guy slipped off of the slide. Did you go ice skating in the pool while it was snowing?

Don't answer any of these questions because you got way too much work to do.
Later Dave
Buzzy

View Profile of Bay Park Buzzy Send a personal message to Bay Park Buzzy  Email Bay Park Buzzy Goto the website of Bay Park Buzzy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Duddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-02 5:57 pm   Permalink

wow that is looking good. its gonna turn out great. oh ill be checking in on these updates for sure.

View Profile of Tiki Duddy Send a personal message to Tiki Duddy  Email Tiki Duddy Goto the website of Tiki Duddy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
benella
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-03 01:20 am   Permalink

WOW !

The marq was really cool but the Ku is AMAZING !!!
Really good.
Show us more and more progress shots.

Benjamin.

View Profile of benella Send a personal message to benella  Goto the website of benella     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Davez_tikiz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-03 07:57 am   Permalink

G.. thanks.. now get busy!

T Duddy, Benella, thanks! I've been going really slowly on him.. since he'll be a tiki hut pole I wanted him to come out right. I'm glad that seems to be working. Thanks for the compliments...

BuzzMan..... you got it.. it's me... chemistry free.. no mai tais for me.. can't talk now gotta carve .. no time.. clean and sober Davez OUT!

View Profile of Davez_tikiz Send a personal message to Davez_tikiz  Email Davez_tikiz     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Davez_tikiz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-04 08:57 am   Permalink

Another update.... did some work on the hands and feet of the tiki hut pole. Do thefeet look too big?

View Profile of Davez_tikiz Send a personal message to Davez_tikiz  Email Davez_tikiz     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Davez_tikiz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-04 09:00 am   Permalink

Yet another.... started this Lono yesterday. He's mexican fan palm.

JohnnyP
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-04 5:56 pm   Permalink

Nice carvings Dave, It's good to have you posting over here more again.

JP

View Profile of JohnnyP Send a personal message to JohnnyP  Email JohnnyP Goto the website of JohnnyP     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Davez_tikiz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-05 9:19 pm   Permalink

Thanks Johnny... its good to be back in the groove.

Here's tonight's update.... started working on the mouth. Trying to get the teeth/tongue thing going.. never done it quite like this before...

any help welcome!!!!

Davez_tikiz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-06 8:41 pm   Permalink

Update for today.. more work on the teeth...pretty much finished the rough work on the mouth.Just started on the eyes....

GMAN
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-07 04:52 am   Permalink

Sweet stuff Dave. Glad to see you kicking around here again. I think this guy is gonna be your best yet. He's coming together beautifully! I was only kidding when I said he had Bigfoot feetz

-Gfoot

"The saw is family"

[ This Message was edited by: GMAN 2007-02-07 04:53 ]

View Profile of GMAN Send a personal message to GMAN      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
benella
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-07 07:32 am   Permalink

really nice, let the chips fly

Benjamin.

View Profile of benella Send a personal message to benella  Goto the website of benella     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
congatiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-07 08:26 am   Permalink

Holy cow, nice work and lots of it! You are really starting to step it up
and I love the big feet on your tiki pole. Keep in mind that a lot of us
(me,GMan,Ben) are really into toes, so think of us when you are chizzlin!

View Profile of congatiki Send a personal message to congatiki  Email congatiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Davez_tikiz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-08 05:59 am   Permalink

Gfoot.. thanks for the props... I am liking this one.

Ben.. thanks! No updates today... hoping to get back at it tonight.

Conga... thanks! Been saving the toes for last. I always seem to chip up the wood when I try to do fingers or toes.. gotta get it right this time!

Davez_tikiz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-08 9:51 pm   Permalink

Worked a little tonight... sanded the mouth a little. Worked some on the eyes and nose. The nose has me a little frustrated. Any suggestions?

Bay Park Buzzy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-08 10:06 pm   Permalink

Hi Dave! Ku says check me out after my plastic surgery:

Like my new nose, he says.

This is a great piece so far Dave.
Buzzy

View Profile of Bay Park Buzzy Send a personal message to Bay Park Buzzy  Email Bay Park Buzzy Goto the website of Bay Park Buzzy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation