FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Drinks and Food Recipe: Passion Fruit "Cosmo" - good recipe, close-to-tiki
Recipe: Passion Fruit "Cosmo" - good recipe, close-to-tiki
mahalomo
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-09-02 6:48 pm   Permalink

I'm primarily a rum and beer drinker, but a friend just gave me this recipe for what he called a "Passion Fruit Cosmo". I'm not a Cosmo drinker either, really, but this drink really was very, very good. Not exactly sure how "tiki" this is, but if you change the name to something other than "cosmo", it can hold its own:

3 oz. chilled vodka (I used Ketel One)
1 oz. passion fruit juice (not syrup)
1 oz. simple syrup (just plain mixed-at-home).
1/2 teaspoon lime juice (I used 1/3 of a lime from my Mexican lime tree in my yard, fresh squeezed).

Anyway, hopefully someone else will enjoy this as well. It might be one of my wife's favorite drinks now. Strong on the vodka proportion, so I'd use a decent vodka. Ketel One was perfect in this.

View Profile of mahalomo Send a personal message to mahalomo      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-05 9:21 pm   Permalink

I wonder how this would taste with passion fruit liquor, instead of the passion fruit juice.

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jawa
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-06 07:59 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-09-05 21:21, hiltiki wrote:
I wonder how this would taste with passion fruit liquor, instead of the passion fruit juice.

Strong...

View Profile of Jawa Send a personal message to Jawa  Email Jawa Goto the website of Jawa     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-06 8:34 pm   Permalink

well I couldn't resist it I just made one, same recipe but added 1/2 oz. of passion fruit liquor and 1/2 of fresh lime juice from my lime tree but skipped the passion fruit juice.. Real good... yum. Real good, the simple syrup made a big difference. Thanks for a great recipe. ( I think it is a girlie drink, but very strong,just right for me...

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
badmojo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-06 9:00 pm   Permalink

Right from the Trader Vic's Passion Fruit Syrup Bottle:

Juice of 1/2 a Lime
1/2oz Passion Fruit Syrup
1oz Gin or Vodka

Hand Shake and strain into chilled cocktail glass

View Profile of badmojo Send a personal message to badmojo      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation