FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving My first carving...
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
My first carving...
turbosickboy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-05 06:50 am   Permalink

Ill start with my first carving today. wish me luck or something

View Profile of turbosickboy Send a personal message to turbosickboy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-05 06:54 am   Permalink

Good luck! Welcome to TC. Cant remember any Swedes on here.

(my brothers fiance is Swedish)

Post plenty o pics

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
turbosickboy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-05 07:00 am   Permalink

thanks... the tikiculture isnt that big up here. so its pretty hard to find nice tikistuff

ill post some pictures sooner or later

View Profile of turbosickboy Send a personal message to turbosickboy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
8FT Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-05 08:26 am   Permalink

Welcome Turbosickboy. Best of luck on your carving efforts! Can you give us an idea of what type and size of wood you are going to start with?

View Profile of 8FT Tiki Send a personal message to 8FT Tiki  Email 8FT Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
McTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-05 09:11 am   Permalink

Welcome to TC Turbo! Post pics.

Mahalo

View Profile of McTiki Send a personal message to McTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-05 10:38 am   Permalink

Welcome turbosickboy, Come on in and stay awhile. How did you find us? What kind of tools do you have and what are your plans. We're very nosy. Just make sure to ask if you have any questions and don't forget to Post Pix

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Rotterdam
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-05 11:18 am   Permalink

Will that be a 'Turbonegro' style Tiki?

View Profile of Tiki Rotterdam Send a personal message to Tiki Rotterdam      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
turbosickboy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-05 11:21 am   Permalink

thanks alot...
im starting with a pretty small piece, around 12" just for some training. The material is a swedish tree called "bjrk", i have no idea what its called in english but its very often used by woodcarvers and for furnitures here...

Quote:

On 2005-09-05 08:26, 8FT Tiki wrote:
Welcome Turbosickboy. Best of luck on your carving efforts! Can you give us an idea of what type and size of wood you are going to start with?

turbosickboy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-05 11:28 am   Permalink

thanks! ive read some of your posts here and tried to learn some about carving, very helpful for a beginner.
im starting with a 12" piece now just to learn a little. I mostly use my dads tools, dont know any brand or so but he has chisels, machines and of course a workingarea (i dont have that in my flat)
ill try to post pics asap!
Mahalo

Quote:

On 2005-09-05 10:38, Benzart wrote:
Welcome turbosickboy, Come on in and stay awhile. How did you find us? What kind of tools do you have and what are your plans. We're very nosy. Just make sure to ask if you have any questions and don't forget to Post Pix

turbosickboy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-05 11:30 am   Permalink

that would be some!
complete with sailorhat and makeup
Quote:

On 2005-09-05 11:18, Tiki Rotterdam wrote:
Will that be a 'Turbonegro' style Tiki?

GMAN
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-05 11:39 am   Permalink

Turbo,

Good luck on your first tiki. I've always wanted to work in bjork (just kidding). Take some progress shots so we can see how your piece evolves. Thanks for posting.

-Gman

http://www.oceanandislandarts.blogspot.com/

View Profile of GMAN Send a personal message to GMAN      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Rotterdam
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-05 12:29 pm   Permalink

sorry i forgot that they're from Norway not from Sweden. Would be quite cool though (if you like the music)
I think i will make 4 Ramones tiki's one day!

View Profile of Tiki Rotterdam Send a personal message to Tiki Rotterdam      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
turbosickboy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-11 1:41 pm   Permalink

some photos of my first carving...
Right now im working on the sanding so its not finished yet. Give me feedback, critics, help or whatever...

Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-11 2:19 pm   Permalink

Darn, ANOTHER First carving that looks like the 50th. Come on guys, if I had the pictures , I would show you what a first tiki should look like--- Putrid, Ugly,terrible, Thats how the first is Supposed to look. It is NOT supposed to look like a tiki or as good as this. vote we Ban first pictures unless they are Bad...?? Sickboy, you are teamed up with the other first timers trying to make us Normal carvers look bad Ha Ha Ha.
Seriously I love how you kept the slanted log and worked it into your piece. Very well done. All I can suggest (which is probably in your plan nayway.) is to work a bit of a headdress up on top . I like headdresses on tikis.
Excellent

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GMAN
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-11 2:38 pm   Permalink

I agree with Ben, this is a great first tiki. I can't wait to see pics of it stained and in final form. Wonderful job.

-Gman

http://www.oceanandislandarts.blogspot.com/

View Profile of GMAN Send a personal message to GMAN      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation