Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Drinks and Food Recipe: Gilligan's Island
Recipe: Gilligan's Island
Tikiwahine
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-06 11:26 am   Permalink

This past Thursday we hosted a BBQ and I was put in charge of drinks. Wanting to break out my little Volcano Bowls and the gallon of cranberry juice I had waiting to be used, I decided to try this recipe I saw posted in a thread about the Conga Lounge, which is Oakland, CA I believe.

It went over very well, and I was magically devoid of a headache the next day, which was a work day.

I'm not sure of their proportions, but this is what I used:

Gilligan's Island
1oz Pineapple Juice
1oz Cranberry Juice
1oz 99 Bananas(I'm sure creme de banana would work)
1oz Coconut Rum(I used Malibu)

Shake with crushed ice and strain into ice filled mini volcano bowl or other appropriate drink ware.

I almost used my Mai Kai Mystery bowl, but there were only two of us when we first started drinking, and I hadn't prepared an ice volcano for the center. Next time

[ This Message was edited by: Tikiwahine 2005-09-06 11:27 ]

View Profile of Tikiwahine Send a personal message to Tikiwahine      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JTD
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-06 12:14 pm   Permalink

Thanks for the recipe, TW. I'll have to hoist one or two of these tonight. Just read that Bob Denver (Gilligan) passed away on Friday.

JTD

View Profile of JTD Send a personal message to JTD      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Thomas
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-06 12:27 pm   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: Thomas 2005-09-06 13:21 ]

View Profile of Thomas Send a personal message to Thomas      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikiwahine
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-06 12:53 pm   Permalink

I just read about that now, so sad.
Ironic that I was drinking these Thursday night/early Friday morning.

View Profile of Tikiwahine Send a personal message to Tikiwahine      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Rum Numb Davey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-06 12:58 pm   Permalink

Bummed about Bob Denver, as I was a huge Gilligan Island fan..still am!
I am going to go put on the IZ CD with his Gilligan's Isle cover and tip back a Mary Ann Banana Daquiri in honor of my little buddy.

View Profile of Rum Numb Davey Send a personal message to Rum Numb Davey  Email Rum Numb Davey Goto the website of Rum Numb Davey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Pepe le Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-07 6:12 pm   Permalink

Thanks TW! I picked up some cranberry juice today and we're going to try one (or more?) tonight in honor of Bob Denver.

View Profile of Pepe le Tiki Send a personal message to Pepe le Tiki  Goto the website of Pepe le Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation