FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts New try at Tiki Paintings....pg 2
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
New try at Tiki Paintings....pg 2
waikiki tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-06 5:13 pm   Permalink

Here is a mug I made for our tiki room! It is hand built from slabs and has bamboo impressions on the body itself, then the tiki was applied! It has not been bisqued or glazed yet, so this is in its greenware state!

This is the back, before I inscribed "The Enchanted Wiki-Wiki Room"

Front Detail

Here are the pictures of the finished product. Came out pretty nice! I wish I had made the engraved words look better...maybe next time. Thanks for looking!

waikiki

[ This Message was edited by: waikiki tiki 2006-04-02 06:52 ]

[ This Message was edited by: waikiki tiki 2006-06-26 12:47 ]

View Profile of waikiki tiki Send a personal message to waikiki tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikitortured
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-07 6:01 pm   Permalink

Do I have to come visit the Enchanted Wiki-Wiki Room to get me one a those?

View Profile of tikitortured Send a personal message to tikitortured  Email tikitortured Goto the website of tikitortured     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Moondance
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-07 6:04 pm   Permalink

Nice, Very Nice!!

View Profile of Moondance Send a personal message to Moondance  Email Moondance Goto the website of Moondance     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Rum Demon
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-07 6:10 pm   Permalink

Well done! Always nice to see the homemade mugs. Is this a one-off or are you going into production?

-Joe

View Profile of Rum Demon Send a personal message to Rum Demon  Goto the website of Rum Demon     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
waikiki tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-08 06:34 am   Permalink

Thanks guys! Eventually, we would like to make more to stock our tiki room but I haven't figured out the workings of making mug molds. We'll see! Thanks for the comments!

Waikiki

View Profile of waikiki tiki Send a personal message to waikiki tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
turbosickboy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-08 07:03 am   Permalink

Nice work!

View Profile of turbosickboy Send a personal message to turbosickboy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
waikiki tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-28 3:40 pm   Permalink

I updated the post with pics of the finished mug...

waikiki

hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-06 06:00 am   Permalink

Cool

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PalmCityTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-06 11:23 am   Permalink

Congrats on a Sweet Mug. Thanks for posting the finished product.

-----------------------------------------------

www.PalmCityTiki.com

View Profile of PalmCityTiki Send a personal message to PalmCityTiki  Email PalmCityTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-07 5:52 pm   Permalink

it would be easy to mold just the mask and them apply to the cup which you could hand make again.

View Profile of teaKEY Send a personal message to teaKEY  Email teaKEY Goto the website of teaKEY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikisobayli
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-02 06:42 am   Permalink

Here are some pictures of the new Wiki Wiki Room bowls that my fiance made. The first one is our Volcano Bowl with insert.

Greenware:

After Glazing:

Here is the other, a take on a Moai Scorpion Bowl. It came out smaller then expected and probably not going to be big enough for a well made Scorpion, so we will probably use it to serve snacks out of.

In both, the glazes broke sorta of wierd, but hey, thats the nature of the beast with kilns. Overall, its worth saying it again, it is nice to have your own home bar mugs.

View Profile of tikisobayli Send a personal message to tikisobayli  Email tikisobayli Goto the website of tikisobayli     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
poptiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-02 5:26 pm   Permalink

Hey, cool! I like the glaze on both the mug and the wiki wiki bowl. You said it broke weird, I like weird. Keep it up!

View Profile of poptiki Send a personal message to poptiki  Goto the website of poptiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kingstiedye
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-02 5:56 pm   Permalink

great homemade pieces! a lot of character in those.

View Profile of kingstiedye Send a personal message to kingstiedye  Goto the website of kingstiedye     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikisobayli
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-03 12:36 pm   Permalink

Thanks for the positive comments...Hopefully in the near future we will be able to produce more.

View Profile of tikisobayli Send a personal message to tikisobayli  Email tikisobayli Goto the website of tikisobayli     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pablus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-03 5:54 pm   Permalink

That's cool stuff,
thanks for sharing them.

View Profile of pablus Send a personal message to pablus  Email pablus Goto the website of pablus     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation