FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki Need Help Identifying These Door Handles
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 )
Need Help Identifying These Door Handles
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-29 09:03 am   Permalink

As far as I know, Cleveland had no "Tiki Room" (Sellers!...that was Disneyland! ), but there WAS a Steve Crane Kon-Tiki.

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TIKI DAVID
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-29 10:20 am   Permalink

YEP, they are from the KON-TIKI in Cleveland .closed in 1976. i have a whole garage full of stuff from there. but i sometimes get the feeling that "TIKI collector GODS" or "GOD LIKE" figures here on TC do not consider steve cranes KON TIKI artifacts to be much of a find. just my opinion ,i could be wrong TD

View Profile of TIKI DAVID Send a personal message to TIKI DAVID  Email TIKI DAVID     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Queen Kamehameha
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-29 11:47 am   Permalink

Thanks Tiki David, I loved them the second I saw them. I propobly paid too much, but it so rare to see something this cool. I don't get out enough to hunt, so ebay is a favorite of mine.

Thanks again for the info, I have read a lot about Kon Tiki, and thinks these are better for being from there. If you are interested in parting with anything, let me know, I have a lot of space that needs filling

Amy

[ This Message was edited by: Queen Kamehameha 2006-04-29 12:27 ]

View Profile of Queen Kamehameha Send a personal message to Queen Kamehameha  Email Queen Kamehameha Goto the website of Queen Kamehameha     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-29 12:53 pm   Permalink

Yes, thanks David. Well, luckily we all know that it's not all about collectability, rarity and perceived value in the Tiki world, but that some of the outside world's ideas about social grace and decorum are still to be considered. It is not only what you have, but also how you conduct yourself as a fellow being that does come into play, sometimes

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiskip
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-30 08:08 am   Permalink

Was the severed head mug from Steve Cranes Kon Tiki? What about The Steve mug? that was Steve Cranes Kon Tiki. So if Any Tiki guy or gal has any Kon Tiki or Steve Crane artifacts They don't want I will take them off of your hands.

View Profile of tikiskip Send a personal message to tikiskip      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Queen Kamehameha
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-13 12:04 am   Permalink

Thanks to Tiki David for his help in identifing these. I received them today and they are terrific, big and heavy and very cool. Here's the picture

Amy

http://www.towertopics.com/images/435_tiki1.JPG

View Profile of Queen Kamehameha Send a personal message to Queen Kamehameha  Email Queen Kamehameha Goto the website of Queen Kamehameha     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Pittsburgh pauly
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-07-05 10:29 am   Permalink

So friggin happy, I snagged these yesterday, $50 for a pick-up truck full of stuff that included these!

The one laying down was painted black, but it's coming off nicely.

I think if they were at a small place in Pittsburgh's suburbs they may have been more common than we think.

[ This Message was edited by: Pittsburgh pauly 2011-07-05 10:30 ]

View Profile of Pittsburgh pauly Send a personal message to Pittsburgh pauly  Goto the website of Pittsburgh pauly     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation