FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Collecting Tiki » » tiki and hawaiian ashtrays
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
tiki and hawaiian ashtrays
GO TIKI
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-10-23 6:06 pm   Permalink

Some very cool ashtrays, I had posted one I made before, Here is three more:

Matching Clock

Ohana Since September 17 2002, Member #434

View Profile of GO TIKI Send a personal message to GO TIKI  Email GO TIKI     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrsmiley
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2009-01-25 6:40 pm   Permalink

Here is one Inky dug up for me!
I posted this info in locating tiki:
"I found an ashtray from this place. Did a google search and found out it still exists, but it is now Catholic run transitional housing for homeless folk!
ALOHA INN SEATTLE
http://www.alohainn.org/ . Looks awesome! http://www.lihi.org/images/props/aloha_inn.jpg
The weird thing is the phone number on the ashtray is 285-6070 and the phone number on the website is 283-6070. Is the ashtray a typo and they kept the original phone number??"

If you like it, it is ZAZZ! If you don't it is RAZZ!

View Profile of mrsmiley Send a personal message to mrsmiley  Email mrsmiley Goto the website of mrsmiley     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sabu The Coconut Boy

Posted: 2009-01-25 9:12 pm   Permalink

Here's another one from eBay a few years ago that I wish I could have won. McGuire's Tiki Room - Somewhere in Hawaii. Supposedly dated 1959.

View Profile of Sabu The Coconut Boy Send a personal message to Sabu The Coconut Boy  Email Sabu The Coconut Boy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
1961surf
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-01-26 11:05 am   Permalink

I won't even list all my ashtrays that I have ,alot of the same of Bongo Fury's,
however this is one no one has shown, yet everyone has seen this one.
What I find amusing is Treasure Craft I thought was made in Hawaii,
but the ashtray says Compton,Cal .Of all places to mfg. tourist items for
the Aloha state .

View Profile of 1961surf Send a personal message to 1961surf  Email 1961surf Goto the website of 1961surf     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Psycho Tiki D
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-01-26 4:36 pm   Permalink

I thought I would add a few. Most of mine are stowed away because of space contraints.

A well used and abused Treasure Craft tiki and his cousin, Ubangi ashtrays.

A couple of Tommy Lee's Islander Stockton ashtrays. I used to have 3, but I gave one to tikicleen.

Two more from the Islander Stockton, note the smaller decal on the right.

A few Trader Vic's ashtrays I have picked up in the few (three) years I have been collecting.

Two different shapes of ashtray of the same logo from the Bali Hai in San Diego.

McGuire's Tiki Room ashtray. Nope, didn't win this on Ebay, but the guy I bought it from may have?
Didn't know this was in Hawaii, Sabu, do you remember how much the winning bid was?

Later,

PTD

View Profile of Psycho Tiki D Send a personal message to Psycho Tiki D  Email Psycho Tiki D     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sabu The Coconut Boy

Posted: 2009-01-26 5:17 pm   Permalink

PTD - I have no first-hand knowledge that the McGuire's ashtray actually came from Hawaii. I just made notes from the original auction and assumed the seller knew what he/she was talking about. The seller could have just as well decided it was from Hawaii because it had a hula girl on it. If the one you have isn't marked anywhere, then I'm not so sure it's Hawaii after all.

Sorry - I don't remember what that auction completed for. I think it was over $50 though.

Good score!

Sabu

View Profile of Sabu The Coconut Boy Send a personal message to Sabu The Coconut Boy  Email Sabu The Coconut Boy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
uncle trav
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-01-26 6:06 pm   Permalink

Guys, call me crazy but I seem to remember that piece as being from Mcguires Resort in Cadillac Michigan. I have a couple of feelers out right now trying to find out more information.

View Profile of uncle trav Send a personal message to uncle trav      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
uncle trav
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-02-03 5:03 pm   Permalink

The hard to find Mauna Loa Detroit canoe ashtray.

The not so easy to find Coco Joe petroglyph smoking set.

A vintage ashtray stand. The ashtray is ceramic and made to look like bamboo and thatch.

Thanks.

View Profile of uncle trav Send a personal message to uncle trav      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Big Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-02-03 5:16 pm   Permalink

Great stuff Trav!

View Profile of Big Kahuna Send a personal message to Big Kahuna  Email Big Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Zeta
Grand Member (2 years)  

Posted: 2009-02-03 8:14 pm   Permalink

From Wawalag, a Polynesian bar in Spain.

View Profile of Zeta Send a personal message to Zeta  Goto the website of Zeta     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
LOL Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-02-03 9:13 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-02-03 20:14, Zeta wrote:

From Wawalag, a Polynesian bar in Spain.

Very nice!

Ovarian Cancer Research

View Profile of LOL Tiki Send a personal message to LOL Tiki  Email LOL Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Shaker
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2009-02-03 9:16 pm   Permalink

Zeta, I love the stuff that you post. It's great to get an international flavor when viewing these posts. I love what you have posted in the matchbooks too. Please, keep it up!

View Profile of Tiki Shaker Send a personal message to Tiki Shaker  Email Tiki Shaker     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-02-03 9:28 pm   Permalink

Naaaa-ice!

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Zeta
Grand Member (2 years)  

Posted: 2009-02-03 9:36 pm   Permalink

LOL Tiki & Tiki shaker, thank you for your compliments to my humble collection, It is my pleasure to share it you with you and I still have a lot more International Tiki stuff to share.

Bali Hai Madrid Spain

View Profile of Zeta Send a personal message to Zeta  Goto the website of Zeta     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
BastardoSaffrin
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-02-15 12:07 pm   Permalink

Aloha!

On the left, vintage Kahala ashtray, early 70's, and presumably handmade. On the right, ashtray purchased last week. Not much change.

Qué pasa, Z, cómo va por ahí?

View Profile of BastardoSaffrin Send a personal message to BastardoSaffrin  Goto the website of BastardoSaffrin     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation