FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving surfntiki 2009
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 Next Page )
surfntiki 2009
capotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-08 4:21 pm   Permalink

McTiki I have not had much spare time to be creative,with the short daylight hours the schedule has been hectic.My 7 year old grandson lives with me and most nights his mom works so I take care of him.I have made a commitment to myself to do more building.I have made some things but never took the time to post any photos.Thanks to you and conga for the kind words.happy holidays, Capo

[ This Message was edited by: capotiki 2006-12-08 16:22 ]

View Profile of capotiki Send a personal message to capotiki  Email capotiki Goto the website of capotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-08 4:48 pm   Permalink

More Sweet Stuff Capo, and i LOVE that tiki/tree house, How cool is that?

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
uncrichie
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-12-09 5:18 pm   Permalink

Capotiki, how thick would you say the average cement is on the tube? From the pictures it looks about 1" with the built up areas about 2". Does that sound about right? I'm trying to make all the notes I can in hopes of doing this next spring. Temp outside right now is 30F. Thanks, Uncrichie.

View Profile of uncrichie Send a personal message to uncrichie      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
capotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-09 6:43 pm   Permalink

Your estimates are right on,at the base I will add more thickness for stability,good luck Uncrichie.

[ This Message was edited by: capotiki 2006-12-09 18:46 ]

View Profile of capotiki Send a personal message to capotiki  Email capotiki Goto the website of capotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-09 7:06 pm   Permalink

I think on my seven footer that the walls aren't thicker than a 1/2 inch. And there are never any thicker areas. If there is a small build up, I use the wire to build it up first. Plus to get the cement to stick to the wire, you can't have it too heavy and far from the wire I find. But yours are truly different. I was going through the collection that I posted in the past and your named popped up. I thought wow its been a long time since, and the next day, there you were. Did your Spidey Senses tingle.

View Profile of teaKEY Send a personal message to teaKEY  Email teaKEY Goto the website of teaKEY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GMAN
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-10 07:18 am   Permalink

MADE OF STONE!! Where have you bean hiding Capo? Nice to see you back mixing the mix. The new guyz look great, as always. How's business going?

-Gman

http://www.oceanandislandarts.blogspot.com/

View Profile of GMAN Send a personal message to GMAN      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
capotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-17 6:20 pm   Permalink

Teakey I always have 2 overlapping layers of wire that holds the mortar well.I have not seen your seven footer! .Gman thanks for the good word,I fell into a position at an oil production field about a year ago ,so tiki work slowed but I seem to sell everything I make,I have 4 last minuet projects going on.happy holidays!

tikigap
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2006-12-18 06:54 am   Permalink

Hey Capo! Nice stuff! I especially like the feet on this guy:

And the treehouse in the tiki garden - well that's just over the top! Do you have a tiki bar in the treehouse? (I would ... make the kids play down the street!)

Nice!

View Profile of tikigap Send a personal message to tikigap  Email tikigap Goto the website of tikigap     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
capotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-18 5:18 pm   Permalink

Tikigap no tiki bar yet,it has cable tv and a fold out bed that has seen a few napps.

tikitammy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-19 7:23 pm   Permalink

I am absolutely facinated with your work! I live in the city & good logs are very scarce...this may be the answer to my carving passion.

View Profile of tikitammy Send a personal message to tikitammy  Goto the website of tikitammy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-20 07:59 am   Permalink

Capo, just got this book with free shipping here Hoping to get even one idea. I'll tell you what I think of it after I look at it.

7 footer here

View Profile of teaKEY Send a personal message to teaKEY  Email teaKEY Goto the website of teaKEY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
capotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-20 5:46 pm   Permalink

Bare naked and finally finished,last minuet request.A remake of one I did last year.teakey thanks for the heads up.that 7 footer looks a thousand years old.I like !

[ This Message was edited by: capotiki 2006-12-20 17:54 ]

capotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-24 6:29 pm   Permalink

Some new members of the family.(until they get adopted!)

VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2007-02-24 7:29 pm   Permalink

Great armys of tiki!!! Your work is fabulous.

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-24 8:01 pm   Permalink

Best Yet. Like that last tiki in the last photo.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation