FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Moondance
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
Moondance
Aaron's Akua
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-22 11:09 pm   Permalink

Moon, I love the Moai. Please post some pics once you've got it hooked up with the pump & all. I could just see that bad boy in my garden! The mask sounds like a cool project also.

A-A

"Ah, good taste! What a dreadful thing! Taste is the enemy of creativeness."
-Pablo Picasso

View Profile of Aaron's Akua Send a personal message to Aaron's Akua      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Moondance
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-24 10:54 pm   Permalink

Here are a couple photo's of the papua mask. It's 13" long and it's Redwood. I cut out the lips and inlayed Cherry wood. It took about 2.5 hours to complete. I will finish with a clear satin finish. My computer is taking a dive for some reason so I'll post the finished product when I can. I started on another Moai. I'm about an hour into it. Happy Thanksgiving Day all!

Moon

View Profile of Moondance Send a personal message to Moondance  Email Moondance Goto the website of Moondance     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-25 01:50 am   Permalink

Really nice effect Moon I love the originality. Looks great on the floor too.

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Moondance
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-25 11:37 am   Permalink

Thanks Ben! That ebpny piece of yours is looking great.

View Profile of Moondance Send a personal message to Moondance  Email Moondance Goto the website of Moondance     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GMAN
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-25 1:28 pm   Permalink

Moon,

Glad you decided to continue to play with the rest of us. That mask looks real good. So clean and tight... As Ben said, it looks great against the hardwood floor. Post more pics when you computer shakes out.

-Gman

http://www.oceanandislandarts.blogspot.com/

View Profile of GMAN Send a personal message to GMAN      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
capotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-25 7:19 pm   Permalink

It looks like the masks should be set into the floor. Super clean look!!Moai project?Capo

View Profile of capotiki Send a personal message to capotiki  Email capotiki Goto the website of capotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Moondance
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-04 6:50 pm   Permalink

Here's a couple of Bamboo Wall Lamps I just finished. They are smaller than the first 8" wide X 12" tall.

Also here is a Moai that I have been working on, it almost finished. 13" tall and not very thick, around 2".

Moon

[ This Message was edited by: Moondance 2005-12-04 18:52 ]

JohnnyP
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-05 4:37 pm   Permalink

I love those bamboo wall lamps!!!!
JohnnyP

View Profile of JohnnyP Send a personal message to JohnnyP  Email JohnnyP Goto the website of JohnnyP     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Moondance
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-05 9:21 pm   Permalink

Thanks Johnny, I appreciate it. If you want I can do a step by step of how I make them. There easy, just time.
moon

rodeotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-05 9:25 pm   Permalink

I would love to see a step by step of how those are made .I have some really ugly lights in my office and something like these would be a great change. Nice work on the carvings too.

View Profile of rodeotiki Send a personal message to rodeotiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Moondance
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-06 4:34 pm   Permalink

Loki_
Here are some photos of the carving bench. It's made of 2X6's and 2X4's. It was scrap lumber so I don't care if I cut it up. It has a few chainsaw nicks.

The bags I was telling you about too. The are filled with crushed corncob. You can put sand in them instead of the corn.

Here's a couple photos of my concrete Moai. He's chillin' out for sure. That temp is correct 28.

We've had 2 snows all ready. Baaaa!

Moon

You can stand tall without standing on someone. You can be a victor
without having victims.
- Harriet Woods

[ This Message was edited by: Moondance 2005-12-06 16:38 ]

capotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-06 5:49 pm   Permalink

A snow capped moai,never thought I would see that!!I send you best regards.Capo

View Profile of capotiki Send a personal message to capotiki  Email capotiki Goto the website of capotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Loki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-06 5:56 pm   Permalink

Thanks Moon. Give the Moai a few rum drinks will ya... he looks miserable.

View Profile of Loki Send a personal message to Loki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-06 7:01 pm   Permalink

I like seeing the snow on my Moai too. They are made out of cold stone and probably don't mind it as much as the rest of us. The snow creates different hats for different days.

View Profile of teaKEY Send a personal message to teaKEY  Email teaKEY Goto the website of teaKEY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JohnnyP
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-07 5:20 pm   Permalink

Moondance,
I would like to see the step by step on the lamps. They look like they would be fun to make.

Tikis with snow is all too common up here. I wonder if there is a cure.
JP

View Profile of JohnnyP Send a personal message to JohnnyP  Email JohnnyP Goto the website of JohnnyP     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation