FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events Formikahini to play with Drasnin at Hukilau!
Formikahini to play with Drasnin at Hukilau!
tiki_kiliki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-09 11:05 pm   Permalink

It is with great pleasure that I announce that our very own TC member Formikahini, also known as Alice Berry, will be a featured vocalist with Robert Drasnin and orchestra at Hukilau 2005!

For those of you that didn't know, Formikahini was a vocalist with the legendary Athens band Hillbilly Frankenstein and countless other ventures. I just can't wait to see and hear her perform this material!!

I can remember the first Hukilau in 2002 - Atlanta when Alice took the stage with Johnny Knox!! And from one Southern Belle to another - good to have you back where you belong darlin'!!!

The Hukilau

View Profile of tiki_kiliki Send a personal message to tiki_kiliki  Email tiki_kiliki Goto the website of tiki_kiliki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Basement Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-09 11:16 pm   Permalink

Go Alice!! How ya been, darlin?

View Profile of Basement Kahuna Send a personal message to Basement Kahuna  Email Basement Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikibars
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-10 12:20 am   Permalink

Rehearsin', that's how she's been!

Now don't bug her, let her get back to it!

View Profile of tikibars Send a personal message to tikibars  Email tikibars Goto the website of tikibars     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-10 02:27 am   Permalink

That's, like, whoa! That's fantastic. On the one hand, it's no surprise -- 'cause this is the one and only Miss Formica Dinette we're talking about. But on the other hand -- well done, sugar plum! Can't wait to see it in action.

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Al-ii
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-10 07:01 am   Permalink

Alice,
Wat to GO!!!!!!
Mahalo,
Al

View Profile of Al-ii Send a personal message to Al-ii  Email Al-ii     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikibars
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-10 07:49 am   Permalink

I am getting a kick out of this thread becasue I booked Alice for this gig in like March, and forgot that it was supposed to be on the QT for a few months. Ha - the cat's out of the bag.

Any other TC memeners want to join the 12-piece Drasnin combo?

We still need marimba and percussion (ethnic/exotic - not drum kit) to complete the lineup.

You must be able to get your self and your gear to the Hukilau in time for a noon rehersal on Thursday October 6 and to the gig on Friday October 7 at about 9:30 PM. Some pay is involved.

You must be a pro musiciann with pro gear and the ability to sight-read music.

Contact me directly -
jt@tydirium.net

James T.

View Profile of tikibars Send a personal message to tikibars  Email tikibars Goto the website of tikibars     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Turbogod
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-10 10:55 am   Permalink

Congrats Alice. Superstar!

View Profile of Turbogod Send a personal message to Turbogod      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thejab
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2005-09-10 12:33 pm   Permalink

This just keeps sounding better all the time! I can't wait!!

View Profile of thejab Send a personal message to thejab  Goto the website of thejab     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Formikahini
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-12 10:31 am   Permalink

Thanks for all the sweet words, y'all!

I'm about to *POP* with excitement! The chance to get to sing with Drasnin and to sing in front of Yma Sumac - well,it just doesn't GET any better for a modern exotica singer!!

But best of all is getting to be a performing part of Hukilau (besides go-go dancing with Humuhumu on the bar in the penthouse ), and getting to feel like I added something to the already magical event....well......*wow*. I can die now.

(well, AFTER Hukilau, in case you're reading this thread, Mr. Reaper.)

View Profile of Formikahini Send a personal message to Formikahini  Email Formikahini     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrsmiley

Posted: 2005-09-12 12:05 pm   Permalink

now it can be told!! : )

View Profile of mrsmiley Send a personal message to mrsmiley  Email mrsmiley Goto the website of mrsmiley     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikivixen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-12 4:26 pm   Permalink

I'm thrilled all over again for you, Alice dear! Break a leg!

love and hugs,

tikivixen

View Profile of tikivixen Send a personal message to tikivixen      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ikitnrev

Posted: 2005-09-12 4:55 pm   Permalink

I hereby make a nomination that for Hukilau weekend, Ms. Formikahini shall be officially known as 'Yma Formikahini' -- we need at least one singing Yma during Hukilau!

And that is not a Texan accent you hear, but a strange New Jersey coastal dialect, and her real name is actually Amy Inihakimrof.

Vern

View Profile of ikitnrev Send a personal message to ikitnrev  Email ikitnrev     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Formikahini
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-12 6:40 pm   Permalink

Oh, wow, I just read the super-sad news of Mz Sumac's having to pull out

Ok, ikitnrev, I shall take you up on your challenge to be the only Yma present.

Although anyone else is free to let loose with their inner diva.

Amy Inihakimrof

View Profile of Formikahini Send a personal message to Formikahini  Email Formikahini     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrsmiley

Posted: 2005-09-13 10:43 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-09-12 18:40, Formikahini wrote:
Oh, wow, I just read the super-sad news of Mz Sumac's having to pull out

Ok, ikitnrev, I shall take you up on your challenge to be the only Yma present.

Although anyone else is free to let loose with their inner diva.

Amy Inihakimrof

smiley is IN!!!! oh, divA. Is the male version a DivO, are we all "divO". tee hee
If you like it, it is ZAZZ! If you don't it is RAZZ!

View Profile of mrsmiley Send a personal message to mrsmiley  Email mrsmiley Goto the website of mrsmiley     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation