FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Locating Tiki Kona Motel, Anaheim, CA (motel)
Kona Motel, Anaheim, CA (motel)
ZuluMagoo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-10 4:24 pm   Permalink

Name:Kona Motel
Type:motel
Street:331 N. Brookhurst St.
City:Anaheim (SoCal)
State:CA
Zip:
Phone:

Description:

The sign that remains is the best part of this place

The motel itself is nothing special

But the neon sign at night is very cool

If you are in the area at night, the LinBrook bowling alley is just a block or two south of here along Brookhurst with this awesome neon sign (the pin roates 360)

[ This Message was edited by: ZuluMagoo 2005-09-10 16:25 ]

[ This Message was edited by: zulumagoo 2005-09-13 20:33 ]

View Profile of ZuluMagoo Send a personal message to ZuluMagoo  Email ZuluMagoo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiTrevor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-13 4:23 pm   Permalink

Just a clarification, the bowling Alley is called LinBrook Bowl and has an awesome bar called the Kopa Room. Cork walls and ceiling and Karaoke 7 nights a week. You should check it out if in the area. Mixed crowd but good times. I will be there this Friday.

View Profile of TikiTrevor Send a personal message to TikiTrevor  Email TikiTrevor Goto the website of TikiTrevor     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
aquarj
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2005-09-13 5:05 pm   Permalink

Nice discovery, that's a beautiful sign on that motel! I can't believe I've missed that motel, as we often make a stop when we're in that area to visit the Linbrook Bowl, and revel in the good fortune that the pin still spins and the sign is still fine (uh, and the bowling is still rolling).

-Randy

View Profile of aquarj Send a personal message to aquarj  Goto the website of aquarj     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-03 3:55 pm   Permalink

I live like 1 mile from there.
How are the tropical drinks??
Jeff(bigtikidude)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
abstractiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-06-19 7:21 pm   Permalink

While slipping away from the family vacation for an early morning tiki excursion I found this old tiki temple still standing.

Here are a couple of pictures to update this thread. The natives were restless so I neglected to get a picture of the pool. It is still there and full of clear water but was hidden behind the fence in front.

View Profile of abstractiki Send a personal message to abstractiki  Email abstractiki Goto the website of abstractiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiyaki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-06-19 10:26 pm   Permalink

What's with the fast food color scheme on the sign? Are they trying to make weary travelers hungry ?

View Profile of tikiyaki Send a personal message to tikiyaki  Email tikiyaki Goto the website of tikiyaki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
abstractiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-09-09 6:38 pm   Permalink

While doing some Tiki research I came across this image of the Kona Motel postcard.

View Profile of abstractiki Send a personal message to abstractiki  Email abstractiki Goto the website of abstractiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dustycajun
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-05-09 3:37 pm   Permalink

This thread deserves a better scan of the old postcard.

Close up of the A-frame and the sign,

Another one of those frustrating postcards that did not get a good frontal shot of the sign... what was that photographer thinking??

DC

View Profile of Dustycajun Send a personal message to Dustycajun      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-05-09 5:25 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2011-05-09 15:37, Dustycajun wrote:
Another one of those frustrating postcards that did not get a good frontal shot of the sign... what was that photographer thinking??

Especially since the sign is the most "Tiki" thing about the place. That A-frame looks more like a standard German 50s home than a native hut.

Bet you it was owned by some proper German immigrants to Anaheim.

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation