FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Music » » Jet Set Planet Radio: live 9-1030pm Fridays or 24/7 online
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 Next Page )
Jet Set Planet Radio: live 9-1030pm Fridays or 24/7 online
I, Zombie
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-13 6:37 pm   Permalink

Aloha,

I just wanted to alert you to a new radio program called JET SET PLANET that features Exotica, Cha-Cha and bongo music, European soundtracks from the 60s and 70s, songs of the jet set, vocals from beyond the grave, spy jazz, and everyone’s favorite test records: the ping pong percussion of Stereo Dynamica.

The program can be heard streaming in 128K MP3 at
http://www.jetsetplanet.com Just hit the "Listen Now" button
(plays in Itunes, Windows Media Player, Real Player, etc)

Hope you enjoy!

~glen leslie (aka I, Zombie)
http://www.jetsetplanet.com
http://www.higherthanfi.blogspot.com

[ This Message was edited by: I, Zombie 2009-05-08 08:30 ]

[ This Message was edited by: I, Zombie 2010-05-27 11:30 ]

View Profile of I, Zombie Send a personal message to I, Zombie  Email I, Zombie Goto the website of I, Zombie     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Quince_at_Dannys
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-15 06:08 am   Permalink

The latest show is exceptional! (is it #5 already?) My favorite highlights: the crazy 60's cover set with Stu Phillips' "Tired of Waiting" and Zacharias' "Respect;" the Stereo Dynamica set with Terry Snyder's "Guys and Dolls," the Johnny Keating song, and Hugo Montenegro's "Limehouse Blues; and of course the set of songs about the moon! A tour de force!

View Profile of Quince_at_Dannys Send a personal message to Quince_at_Dannys      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Scott McGerik
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-15 6:24 pm   Permalink

Cool! Is there a playlist for the show?

View Profile of Scott McGerik Send a personal message to Scott McGerik      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Scott McGerik
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-15 6:30 pm   Permalink

Never mind! I did not dig deep enough into kfai.org before I posted my question.

View Profile of Scott McGerik Send a personal message to Scott McGerik      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
I, Zombie
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-17 4:56 pm   Permalink

Jet Set Planet #6 (Sept 16, 2005) is now in the KFAI archives!

Highlights include:

Wilson Lewes Group & Voices version of Midnight Cowboy

Some RCA "living" series

Martin Denny featured in the Exotica Sets

A tribute to Helen Gurley Brown

Don't miss it!

TO LISTEN: Jet Set Planet airs live on KFAI in Minneapolis/St. Paul from 2-5 am on Friday mornings but can be listened to ANY TIME online streming via real audio at

Hope you enjoy!

[ This Message was edited by: I, Zombie 2006-01-18 16:13 ]

[ This Message was edited by: I, Zombie 2006-11-08 06:33 ]

View Profile of I, Zombie Send a personal message to I, Zombie  Email I, Zombie Goto the website of I, Zombie     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
I, Zombie
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-19 05:02 am   Permalink

Hi all,

The Jet Set Planet playlists are now up to date. from show #1 to present. Go to:

Mahalo

[ This Message was edited by: I, Zombie 2008-12-16 07:36 ]

Scott McGerik
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-21 08:54 am   Permalink

I enjoy listening to JetSet Planet while working. Great tunes without the vocals being too intrusive.

My only complaint is the stream format, that is, RealAudio. If it were mp3, I could pipe this through iTunes and then to my stereo system.

I, Zombie
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-21 11:59 am   Permalink

ScottMcGerik,

Thanks for listening. Glad you're liking the show! I'll pass on your comments to the KFAI web people. Don't know if anything can be done, but it can't hurt.

Mahalo

Quincy

Posted: 2005-09-24 03:58 am   Permalink

Excellent show. Really like the stories on the thrift shop finds. I agree with ScottMcGerik on the real vs mp3's, it would make it much easier on us archivists but hey I'm not complaining...

View Profile of Quincy Send a personal message to Quincy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
I, Zombie
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-25 1:12 pm   Permalink

The latest edition of my radio program, Jet Set Planet #7, is now available in the KFAI archives.

Highlights include:

The Bob Crewe Generation

A set devoted to Computers, Memory Banks and Robots

The Exotica of Billy Ward and Kaino

C. E. Crumpacker's "Space Station"

TO LISTEN to the latest shows: Go to

Hope you enjoy!
I, Zombie

[ This Message was edited by: I, Zombie 2006-01-18 16:14 ]

[ This Message was edited by: I, Zombie 2008-12-16 07:37 ]

I, Zombie
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-30 06:46 am   Permalink

The latest edition of my radio program, Jet Set Planet #8, is now available in the KFAI archives.

Highlights include:

3 smokin' Latin sets

Requests for Hugo Montenegro and "Swiched-on-Bacharach" fulfilled!

Yma Sumac featured in the exotica sets.

The Hollyridge Strings do the Beach Boys.

TO LISTEN to the latest shows: Go to

Hope you enjoy!
I, Zombie

[ This Message was edited by: I, Zombie 2008-12-16 07:38 ]

I, Zombie
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-10 10:38 am   Permalink

***THE HUKILAU WAS FANTASTIC!!!***

THANKS TO ALL FOR MAKING IT SUCH A GREAT EVENT! AND A BIG ALOHA TO ALL THE WONDERFUL PEOPLE I MET. ALREADY MAKING PLANS FOR NEXT YEAR.

While I was at Hukilau, my radio program, Jet Set Planet, was DJ'd by fellow KFAI member Sherwood. His amazing version of Jet Set Planet for Oct 7 is now available in the KFAI archives. Check it out!

TO LISTEN to the latest shows archived in 128K streaming MP3 and to see playlists: Go to

Hope you enjoy!
I, Zombie

[ This Message was edited by: I, Zombie 2006-01-18 16:15 ]

[ This Message was edited by: I, Zombie 2008-12-16 07:42 ]

Sabu The Coconut Boy
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2005-10-12 3:43 pm   Permalink

IZ -

I was amazed at that wonderful rendition of "Quiet Village" by George Wright at the organ you played 2 weeks ago. I'll have to take a closer look at those George Wright lps I've been passing up at garage sales all these years. I need to find myself a copy.

Sabu

View Profile of Sabu The Coconut Boy Send a personal message to Sabu The Coconut Boy  Email Sabu The Coconut Boy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
I, Zombie
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-14 06:12 am   Permalink

Sabu,

Yeah, those George Wright LPs are sometimes spectacular. Not all of them, that's for sure, but sometimes he hits paydirt, especially when he's doing more exotic stuff, like the record Quiet Village comes off of ("Encores").

I definitely recommend picking him up, especially for a buck at a thrift store or rummage, but I don't know if I'd go much beyond that. I think he falls into that category of garage sale LP that is worth picking up if the songs on the record are ones you like. (Unlike some artists who you just grab and will pay top dollar regardless of what songs they're playing because you just know something will be interesting on the record.)

In the coming weeks, I'll see if I can squeeze something else off that record or one of the other George Wright records I have, and play it on the show.

Stay Tuned and Happy garage sale hunting!

I, Zombie

I, Zombie
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-14 06:15 am   Permalink

The latest edition of my radio program, Jet Set Planet #10, is now available in the KFAI archives.

Highlights include:

Pledge Drive rap partner Carol Kay-Ahhs.

More requests for Hugo Montenegro fulfilled!

Robert Drasnin and Waitiki in the exotica sets.

Some of the best crime jazz yet at the end of the show!

TO LISTEN to the latest shows archived in 128K streaming MP3 and to see playlists: Go to

Hope you enjoy, and if you listen and have a comment about the show, drop me a line at higherthanfi@yahoo.com, or right here at Tiki Central!

I, Zombie

[ This Message was edited by: I, Zombie 2008-12-16 10:07 ]

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation