Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events Tiki stirrings in Florida
Tiki stirrings in Florida
Kailuageoff
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-11-11 3:03 pm   Permalink

Just wanted to share that a few of us Central Florida tiki folk got together for the first time last Saturday at KailuaGeoff and Wahine Marian's humble tiki hut, shared a batch of Trader Vic's Golden Rum Punch, and began laying plans for some future trips to the various luaus and Polynesian pop places around the state. We'll communicate through Otto and on Tiki Central next time we firm something up as we would definitely welcome more tiki-philes from Florida (or anywhere else) to join us. Mahalo to Tiki-Bre & Tristan, TikiCutie, Mr & Mrs. MJVolta, and Billy & Mary for spending a most enjoyable evening with us.

[ This Message was edited by: Kailuageoff on 2002-11-11 15:03 ]

View Profile of Kailuageoff Send a personal message to Kailuageoff  Email Kailuageoff     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SullTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-11-12 2:25 pm   Permalink

Sounds great, I'd like to see a Florida crawl. Seems we're getting more and more FL members everyday.

View Profile of SullTiki Send a personal message to SullTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kailuageoff
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-11-13 6:55 pm   Permalink

Sulltiki,
We'll add you to the list. If we don't do something between Thanksgiving and Christmas, we'll try to get something organized soon afterwards.
KG

[ This Message was edited by: Kailuageoff on 2002-11-13 18:56 ]

View Profile of Kailuageoff Send a personal message to Kailuageoff  Email Kailuageoff     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tweedtone
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-11-14 1:41 pm   Permalink

Aloha from the West Coast o' Florida. Puh-leez add me to any list you're compiling. There's a few, repeat, a few, places over here worthy of one's tiki-centric time but I'm doing what I can to remedy that. To wit (warning - blatant self-promotion ahead!):

Dick Dale
with special guest
The Vodkanauts (my surf/lounge band)
http://www.vodkanauts.com

Saturday, Nov. 16th, 2002

State Theatre
687 Central Ave., St. Petersburg, FL
(727) 895-3045

doors 8pm

Cy with tikigardens.com will be there - hopefully you as well!

View Profile of tweedtone Send a personal message to tweedtone  Email tweedtone Goto the website of tweedtone     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kailuageoff
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-11-14 2:15 pm   Permalink

Welcome. Can't make it the show, sadly. But, I'll be in St. Pete Tues., Wed., and Thurs. night for a seminar. I'm slumming at the Don Cesar. You and Cy want to grab a drink someplace, let me know.

U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation