FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events New England Tikiphile Events
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 Next Page )
New England Tikiphile Events
tiki-tina
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-11 7:04 pm   Permalink

Aloha East Coast Tiki Ohana! Transplanted New Englander (grew up the Ku Ke Lau in Chicopee) looking to get get in touch with tiki ohana on our next trip home (currently scheduled for July 2006). My hubby and I can't to visit the Hu Ke Lau again, maybe this time with some of our TC ohana....so let us know if you are up for a little fun and we'll set the date!

Aloha and mahalo!

tiki-tina & bamboo boyd

View Profile of tiki-tina Send a personal message to tiki-tina      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bargoyle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-12 3:55 pm   Permalink

Name the date Tina & we'll do our best to get there! I think the Huke is still doing the Drums of Polynesia show, but it may change after the new year?

Also, for those who have been trouble finding tikis up here in the North East (pappy, I'm looking in your direction....), theres a new batch of resin knock offs hitting stores right now.

Yeah, they're kinda cheesy, but they hold up in the winter weather pretty good, and its about all we get up here!

Link to more info here...
http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=17635&forum=5&0

Still thinking of the tiki timex trip in mid Jan. more to come on that one.

View Profile of Bargoyle Send a personal message to Bargoyle  Email Bargoyle     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
johnman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-13 7:32 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-12-11 05:47, Rain wrote:
Quote:

On 2005-12-10 11:25, johnman wrote:
poster for NokTiki at the Century Lounge.

well, that was the first time we did it, but we managed to throw two big tiki parties over the summer (not at the club) after that. i'm sure i can get them to do a NokTiki II - it was a pretty big success last time.

Wish I knew about the summer tiki parties - would've definitley been there. And a NokTiki II sounds like a good plan!

View Profile of johnman Send a personal message to johnman  Goto the website of johnman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Rain
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-13 7:47 pm   Permalink

i'll definitely post here on TC next time we organize something. wahine leila and i will be up for some more restaurant/bar-going once we get a car again, too.

View Profile of Rain Send a personal message to Rain  Email Rain Goto the website of Rain     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
johnman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-13 7:49 pm   Permalink

Tiki-Tina - how's AZ treating ya? Wish I was there today! Its a frigid 15 degrees out right now in RI. Definitely give us a heads up when you're here in July. I'm sure there'll be something going this summer.

Hey Bargoyle - I just picked up two resin tikis at Christmas Tree Shops. The one in the ad in your post and another smaller one. They look pretty decent for fakes and will do nicely for now.

Pappy - the price is right on these too. The totem cost me $29 and the smaller single tiki only $6. I'll post some pics of my wanna be bar soon and you can check them out.

View Profile of johnman Send a personal message to johnman  Goto the website of johnman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki-tina
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-18 12:46 pm   Permalink

Hey Bargoyle...mahalo for the reply....we'll be back in July 2006 and will post the dates so we can make something happen at the Hu Ke Lau...would love to see the drums show!

Last big thing that happened there was my uncle's election party...he won the mayor's race in Chicopee in November and in a move that can only be deemed as impeccable taste, had his post election bash at the HKL..I really wish we could have been there to see it, but it's a long flight from Arizona to Bradley Field...anyway..we'll be there in July to meet the New England Tiki Ohana....can't wait! We're also heading to southern Maine...know of anything Tiki in that area...maybe we make make a Kowloon Trip, too?

Aloha Johnman...boxing up some sunshine and lots of aloha for you and all the freezing tiki ohana masses! And I know how you feel....I was in Tulsa last week on business and it was 3! How can people live in 3 degree weather......that's why I'm in Sunny Arizona! Was in Maine for Turkey day and while it was beautiful, it was freezing, even at the shore....can't wait unti the thaw back there. See you this summer, until then stay warm.....or come visit!

[ This Message was edited by: tiki-tina 2005-12-18 13:29 ]

View Profile of tiki-tina Send a personal message to tiki-tina      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Suffering Bastard of Stumptown
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-18 4:15 pm   Permalink

The only things tiki in Southern Maine are the occasional place that sells polynesian drinks and my basement.

But the Kowloon is a doable trip.

--SBiM

View Profile of Suffering Bastard of Stumptown Send a personal message to Suffering Bastard of Stumptown      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
johnman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-20 07:12 am   Permalink

Actually SBiM, your place is probably the tiki capital of Maine. I can't imagine there's much more other than some closet tikiphile's place who's yet to discover TC.

Rain - whenever you guys are mobile again give me a shout. You're more than welcome to visit my home bar (where you'll find a few tikis and plenty o' rum!). Plus maybe we can hit my favorite local place, the House of Wu, and have a Volcano or two.

Talk to everyone soon!

JohnMan

johnman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-24 5:03 pm   Permalink

Just want to wish all my fellow NE Tikiphiles a Merry Christmas! Hope Santa is good to all of you and may you find something tiki tomorrow in your stocking:)

Mele Kalikimaka!
JohnMan and Family

Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-24 5:21 pm   Permalink

Same to you and to all the other New Englanders!
I know we in Maine will be having a white christmas!

--JOn

View Profile of Suffering Bastard of Stumptown Send a personal message to Suffering Bastard of Stumptown      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bargoyle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-25 07:56 am   Permalink

Mele Kalikimaka to the New England Ohana! Hope all is well with everyone, and that there are plenty of tikis under the tree this year.

View Profile of Bargoyle Send a personal message to Bargoyle  Email Bargoyle     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-25 09:41 am   Permalink

Well, the wahine got me the Meihana mug from tiki farm, Shag's "Around the World in 80 Drinks", "Hi Fis and Highballs", and a pair of Ku cufflinks, so I gotta say I am pleased.

--SBiM

Bargoyle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-27 1:25 pm   Permalink

Nice Haul SB!!

This year no-one got me anything tiki! But, on the plus side, all the tiki farm mugs I ordered months ago that were on back order, came in on friday, the 23rd. SO I put them under our tree. My Christmas gift to myself!

Thinking of Sat, Jan 21st for the Tiki Timex trip. Anyone who's interested, let me know so I can stock the bar and arrange for transportation (basically, that means borrow the company mini-van if its more than a few of us)

Sully, The Bargoyle

The Granite Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-27 4:30 pm   Permalink

I got "Shag, the art of Josh Agle" book, a hula girl retro alarm clock, a dashboard hula dancer, a subscription to Tiki Magazine, two beautiful Tommy Bahama Hawaiian shirts, a great tropical style set of serving bowls for parties, and a cocktail carousel for the bar!

View Profile of The Granite Tiki Send a personal message to The Granite Tiki  Email The Granite Tiki Goto the website of The Granite Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
johnman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-28 7:33 pm   Permalink

Hope everyone had a great xmas. Looks like Santa dropped off some cool tiki stuff for for Grantite and SBiM. My wahine stocked me up nicely. Got 4 Volcano bowls, a big blue float, bamboo framed mirror and some weird horn shaped bamboo planter. I'll post some pics in Tiki finds soon.

Bargoyle, zero tiki for under the tree? Sounds like you're on the wrong list. At least you managed to sneak some stuff under the tree. Sometimes the best gifts are the ones you buy for yourself:)

The 21st is good for the Timex trip - just need to verify kid coverage and then I'm in.

Hey Pappy - are you a Daddy yet?

Well sleep calls.

Aloha!!!
JohnMan

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation