FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events New England Tikiphile Events
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 Next Page )
New England Tikiphile Events
Bargoyle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-17 06:38 am   Permalink

Ok, sent out some PM's to those expressed interest in the TIMEXPO trip this Saturday.

Anyone else interested?

Granite? SBiM? TikisGrl? Bueller? Bueller? Bueller?

For those who dont know what I'm talking about, the owners of Timex were close friends with Thor Heyerdahl, and have a bunch of stuff from the Kon Tiki expedition on display at their museum in Waterbury. More info here (plus a good pic of the Moai who guards the museum!)
http://www.timexpo.com/

If anyone else wants in, let me know.

View Profile of Bargoyle Send a personal message to Bargoyle  Email Bargoyle     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Rain
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-17 08:09 am   Permalink

re: timexpo - gonna have to pass, unfortunately. hope to see some photos up here, though

View Profile of Rain Send a personal message to Rain  Email Rain Goto the website of Rain     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Suffering Bastard of Stumptown
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-17 08:12 am   Permalink

there's a possibility. We haven't talked about this weekend yet, but if there isn't anything else going on, it would be fun.

--SBiM

View Profile of Suffering Bastard of Stumptown Send a personal message to Suffering Bastard of Stumptown      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Granite Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-17 09:03 am   Permalink

Unfortunately, I'm working. But it sounds great. Wish I could go.

Hopefully I'll meet some of you on Valentine's Day.

View Profile of The Granite Tiki Send a personal message to The Granite Tiki  Email The Granite Tiki Goto the website of The Granite Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pappythesailor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-17 09:07 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-01-16 11:21, Suffering Bastard in Maine wrote:
FYI, I don't think you can count on me for the Hu Ki Lau trip on V-day.

It's a legislative session day, so I will be up in Augusta fighting for good government. Until probably 5:00. And then it takes an hour to get to Portland. And then...

--SBiM

Hey, I thought you got laid off! Congrats on re-joining the workforce.

I'll be at the Ku Ke Lau and the Timexpo.

View Profile of pappythesailor Send a personal message to pappythesailor  Goto the website of pappythesailor     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bargoyle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-17 12:11 pm   Permalink

Alright!!!

Tiki Mortis and his Wahine (from Bristol, CT) will also be joining us! Shaping up to be a little party here.

I wasn't planning on doing any major food, but we'll have snacks & the like.

If I start pleading with her now, I might even get Wahine Jess to make her Famous Buffalo Chicken Dip.

Only one beer on tap at the moment (I know, I know...sorry) but its a doozie!! Hoegaarden White Beer, from Belgium. This stuff is so good, I havent had a Mai Tai in weeks!!

I'll put an end to the Mai Tai drought on saturday, and whip up a pitcher or two of them, and if anyone else wants to jump behind the bar & mix something, they're more than welcome.

We may need a second designated driver to get us out to the Museum depending on final headcount, but we can burn that bridge on Saturday.

Really looking forward to seeing everyone and finally getting to the Timexpo!

I'm no go on the Valentine's Day trip however. Making it to the Hu Ke Lau by 7 on a weeknight is a near impossiblity.

View Profile of Bargoyle Send a personal message to Bargoyle  Email Bargoyle     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikisgrl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-17 4:24 pm   Permalink

I appreciate the invite, wish I could go!!! It seems that Saturday & Sunday are the only days when I don't have to drive a lot & get really crazy. In other words I get to do laundry and shopping and all the stuff that my normally crazy days do not permit... But, I know that you will post plenty of pictures and check out the souvenir shop for me. There is always the chance that I will get to go there sometime as I have probably driven by it a lot as my brother lived in CT for 10 years.

P.S. Click the link on the Website for e-cards every card you send/receive gives you a dollar off admission.

[ This Message was edited by: Tikisgrl 2006-01-17 16:27 ]

View Profile of Tikisgrl Send a personal message to Tikisgrl  Email Tikisgrl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-17 4:39 pm   Permalink

It looks like timing will be against us for Saturday.
Thanks Pappy, I went back to work in December. Although I now have an inside line on a new job.

Wish me luck.

--SBiM

View Profile of Suffering Bastard of Stumptown Send a personal message to Suffering Bastard of Stumptown      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikisgrl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-17 4:52 pm   Permalink

Good Luck SBiM I wore my shirt in your honor on Saturday on my trip to Maine. O.K. that probably requires a bit of explanation; First mug bought was the Blue Suffering Bastard so I got a t-shirt with him imprinted on it. Weird thing is they no longer sell the t-shirt or I would send you the link :0(

Well enough about me... Good luck with the Job!!!!

Tikisgrl!

View Profile of Tikisgrl Send a personal message to Tikisgrl  Email Tikisgrl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-17 5:58 pm   Permalink

Thanks, and thanks for the explanation. I thought perhaps you got a shirt with my face on it, but then I'd have to ask why you were in Singapore.

Actually, this gives me an idea for a topic in Bilge.

--SBiM

Bargoyle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-18 08:14 am   Permalink

SOrry you cant make it SB & Tikisgrl. We'll post a bunch of pics.

Tikisgrl, thanks for the info on the coupons. I spent a bunch of time monday making up fake emails & sending myself those $1 off coupons, so I've got about 8 of em now! heh heh.

SB, glad you're back working! Now we just gotta get you closer!

Rain, isnt there some exhibit in Providence on polynesian art or something? Maybe the next "educational" trip will be down your way!

If anyone changes their mind, PM me and I'll send ya directions.

[ This Message was edited by: Bargoyle 2006-01-18 08:15 ]

johnman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-21 08:13 am   Permalink

Timexpo here I come!

I just finished whipping up some Aloha Dip (see Taboo Table) for the pre-museum party at Bargoyle's. Warning - if you're allergic to nuts don't dip into this stuff, it has pecans in it.

Well time to get ready for the big ride to Tolland. See you all soon!

JohnMan

[ This Message was edited by: johnman 2006-01-21 08:22 ]

View Profile of johnman Send a personal message to johnman  Goto the website of johnman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Granite Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-21 08:27 am   Permalink

I'm still jealous!

Have a great time and be sure to take pictures!

View Profile of The Granite Tiki Send a personal message to The Granite Tiki  Email The Granite Tiki Goto the website of The Granite Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bargoyle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-22 09:10 am   Permalink

Had a great time yesterday for the timexpo trip. Was nice to meet Tiki Mortis & his wahine Nicole, and good to see Pappy & johnman again.

As far as the exhibit is concerned, I think we were all a little disappointed with the content (or lack thereof). It was interesting, and we got see most fo the KonTiki movie in the video kiosk, but I just wish there had been more stuff!! Also, they no longer sell the kon tiki or moai watches (which was another reason I had for the trip)

On the plus side, we had a great time pre-museum, snacking & having cocktails. Maybe even a little too good of a time, as we got there 5 minutes after the museum closed and I had to sweet talk our way in!

Pappy brought a nice bottle of Meyers, Johnman's dip was excellent (and thanks for the appleton) and Mortis brought some pimento liquor! I'm already scouring the Grog log & Intoxica for more recipies that call for it. Had a few Ancient Mariners last night (pg 16 of your grog log)...pretty tasty drink! Thanks again to all!

Got a few pics of the gang, and the 7 or 8 pics of the museum pretty much show the whole thing. If you're in the area, its worth stopping by, but I cant reccomend going out of your way for it.

The only pic I didn't get that I wish I did, was of Johnman & Pappy rocking out on the plastic guitars!! Next time. anyway, on with the pics....

Pappy caught off guard & johnman chillin in the bar

Tiki Mortis & his wahine Nicole at the bar (Wahine Jess behind the bar)

Group shot

The Moai outside the Timexpo museum

Entrance to the Kon Tiki part of the museum

A few inside the Museum...

And that pretty much summed it up.

I think we're gonna make it to the HuKeLau on Valentine's Day after all, so hopefully we'll see everyone there!

[ This Message was edited by: Bargoyle 2006-01-22 11:26 ]

The Granite Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-22 11:04 am   Permalink

Thanks so much for the pics!

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation