FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events New England Tikiphile Events
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 Next Page )
New England Tikiphile Events
Bargoyle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-21 07:42 am   Permalink

Its a start. 6 is actaully a good number. I think they can fit us all in one booth. Of course, if you want to be closer to the show, the long tables in front of the stage are the way to go.

Looking forward to it! I'm gonna be in Mass most of the afternoon today, and my travels are going to take me right by the Huke. Might have to make sure the bar is still.... ummmm....fireproof..yeah, thats why I was in there for 3 hours....fireproofing!

For those of with a bit of a ride (Primo, Greg, myself, pappy...hmmm...ALL of us really) there's a little hotel/motel within stumbling distance if needed (I've stayed there once or twice after imbiding a bit too much).

Should be fun. See you at the bar.
Sully

View Profile of Bargoyle Send a personal message to Bargoyle  Email Bargoyle     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikigreg
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-21 10:44 am   Permalink

Damn it all to hell! I've just been notified that I need to be in to work early Saturday morning! So it looks like I'm not going to be able to make it Friday. And Saturday is my birthday, so I was hoping to get a little celebrating in early. No such luck. Sorry.

Well, you guys have a good time, hoist one for me, and we'll try and catch the next event.

-----------------

When life hands you limes...quit your job and make mai tais!

View Profile of tikigreg Send a personal message to tikigreg      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Primo Kimo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-22 04:20 am   Permalink

Okay we are all set for a 6:30 seating and a 7:15 show.
I am going to try to get there as early (5:30 ish) as possible to soak in the atmosphere (and beverages).

Sorry you couldn't make it Greg. Kowloon will be next and we'll see you there;)

View Profile of Primo Kimo Send a personal message to Primo Kimo  Email Primo Kimo Goto the website of Primo Kimo ICQ status     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-22 04:23 am   Permalink

If you drink enough, 6 looks like 12.

Have a great time, guys, I'm so glad to see you're getting together, and I wish I could be there. Someday, I'll join you!

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bargoyle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-22 10:45 am   Permalink

Too bad Greg, we'll catch ya at the next unofficial "meeting" of rummies...uhhh..ummm...I mean tikiphiles!

Should be a good time. I may be a bit later than I want to be (wanted some quality time in the bar), but should make the 6.30 seating no problem.

Need to get a rental car after work & not sure how much time thats gonna take. Why a rental car??

Because I got run off the road on the Mass pike and wound up in a ditch with about 3 feet of water in it. Insurance company is totaling my car....doh!!

If anyone wants to see a C230 full of mud & water, I'll post some pics. heh heh.

Ahh well, its why we have insurance, right?

See ya all tmrw night.

Sully

View Profile of Bargoyle Send a personal message to Bargoyle  Email Bargoyle     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pappythesailor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-22 11:27 am   Permalink

Was that you off Rte. 122 in Millbury this morning?

View Profile of pappythesailor Send a personal message to pappythesailor  Goto the website of pappythesailor     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bargoyle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-22 1:31 pm   Permalink

Wasn't me Pappy, this happened yesterday. Was pretty much out of site of traffic (being down in the ditch & all). Cop said he'd never seen anything like it, and had his wife bring him a digital camera to take pics (for his own personal use)! He said he was gonna post em on the mass pike website, but i havent seen them there.

I shoulda gotten his email, I'd like copies of those.

They hadta use a CRANE, with straps thru both side windows to get the car out!

Insurance co is complaining that the tow/crane alone cost over $1000. Something tells me my policy is either gonna go thru the roof next year, or that they'll plain old drop me!

Anyway, just means a hassle to get a rental, find a new car, etc etc...

Means I prob wont be at the Huke for too much bar time before the show (just when I need it most!!) but i'll be there, come hell or highwater.

pappythesailor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-23 04:26 am   Permalink

Did you spill your drink? just kidding

TikiGreg, johnman, Quincy, Granite Tiki, Suffering Bastard--wish you could all be there tonite

View Profile of pappythesailor Send a personal message to pappythesailor  Goto the website of pappythesailor     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Suffering Bastard of Stumptown
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-23 05:34 am   Permalink

Thanks. It's a little far for me. Kowloon is a lot closer. But tomorrow morning I have to go north to the Common Ground Fair, so there's only so much driving I want to do.

Have fun!!

--SBiM

View Profile of Suffering Bastard of Stumptown Send a personal message to Suffering Bastard of Stumptown      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
johnman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-23 3:11 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-09-23 04:26, pappythesailor wrote:
Did you spill your drink? just kidding

TikiGreg, johnman, Quincy, Granite Tiki, Suffering Bastard--wish you could all be there tonite

I hear ya Pappy. I so wish I could make it tonight!

Have a great time and get ready for a bash at the Kowloon in early November. Details to follow...

Aloha!
JohnMan

View Profile of johnman Send a personal message to johnman  Goto the website of johnman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pappythesailor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-23 4:52 pm   Permalink

In retrospect, I guess I needed a plan to find you guys. I did have lots of fun watching non-stop Hurricane Rita coverage at the bar tho'. This was harder and less fun than I thought!

Bargoyle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-23 8:50 pm   Permalink

pappy! did you make it?? I got there kinda late & just went up to the matre'd and told him i was looking for people to join, but i wasnt sure who/where they were...he lead me right over to the table with primo & his wahine. Figured if you aksed, he woulda done the same for you. Too bad man. Dinner & show were great. You watch the sox game at the bar? did ya stay long enough for karaoke to start? we left soon after that. I saw your pic in the "post pics of yourself" thread, so I was on the lookout for ya. Next time maybe we all need to wear red carnations or something! heh heh We'll plan better for the Kowloon.
Sully

The Granite Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-23 9:47 pm   Permalink

I was working. But I certainly hope to make the Kowloon get together.

View Profile of The Granite Tiki Send a personal message to The Granite Tiki  Email The Granite Tiki Goto the website of The Granite Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
johnman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-24 6:04 pm   Permalink

Glad to hear some of you made it to the Hu Ke Lau. It looks like it was a party of 3 + 1 castaway (lost in the bar - there are worse places to get lost Pappy:). I'm certainly planning on making it to Chicopee to check out the place based on what I've read.

Its probably not too early to start thinking about the Kowloon date. I figured sometime in mid November. Maybe Saturday the 12th or 19th? Starting sometime late afternoon - early evening (between 5 and 7). The wahine and I can probably do the Friday on those weeks as well if that works better for most of you.

Thanks for kicking this off guys! It was a small group to start but it was at least it was something.

View Profile of johnman Send a personal message to johnman  Goto the website of johnman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pappythesailor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-25 7:21 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-09-23 20:50, Bargoyle wrote:
pappy! did you make it?? I got there kinda late & just went up to the matre'd and told him i was looking for people to join, but i wasnt sure who/where they were...he lead me right over to the table with primo & his wahine. Figured if you aksed, he woulda done the same for you. Too bad man. Dinner & show were great. You watch the sox game at the bar? did ya stay long enough for karaoke to start? we left soon after that. I saw your pic in the "post pics of yourself" thread, so I was on the lookout for ya. Next time maybe we all need to wear red carnations or something! heh heh We'll plan better for the Kowloon.
Sully

I left shortly after the show started. I figured I was sober enough to drive and I was in a pretty foul mood at that moment and thought I could still make it home for the game at least.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation