FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events New England Tikiphile Events
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 Next Page )
New England Tikiphile Events
The Mayor Of Exotica
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-02 8:20 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-08-02 14:16, Bargoyle wrote:
Quote:

On 2006-08-02 11:08, The Mayor Of Exotica wrote:

I propose that if you bring your own sumo suit, we waive the cover!

Johnman...you thinkin what I'm thinkin?

heh heh.... a few more pupu's and I wont even need a suit to inflate ...just strap on a sumo-thong... lol

I will instruct the door guys to let in anyone in a sumo suit without cover.

This is gonna be good!

BTW, nice bit about the Trader Vic's mixes. I would be very interested to sample!

View Profile of The Mayor Of Exotica Send a personal message to The Mayor Of Exotica  Email The Mayor Of Exotica Goto the website of The Mayor Of Exotica     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Granite Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-03 6:48 pm   Permalink

Thank you "pappythesailor", "Suffering Bastard in Maine" and Traci for dropping by my first annual Tiki Party!!

I wish you could have stayed longer, but I certainly understand. Kate and I were thrilled that you came by!

I had a blast! We played "deBOCCEry Ball" (a drinking game version of Bocce) and I even played a game of Suffering Bastard Shot Glass Checkers!

Outside we listened on CD to "Haole Kats", "My Mug Collection" by The Crazed Mugs w/Haole Kats, "Bora Bora", "Captivation" by the Outriggers, and "Hawaiian Paradise" by Bill Jaffe and his Islanders.

Inside I spun "Pearly Shells from Hawaii" by the Waikikis on vinyl (a party present from a friend!).

My friends and I even put on a brief Hapa Haole Concert for my guests.

Here are links to my Tiki Web Pages where I've posted all the pictures.

Here's a pictorial tour through "The Granite Tiki Lounge":

http://www.carlayotte.accountsupport.com/Tiki%20Concerns/Tiki%20Concerns.htm

and here are pics from my party:

http://www.carlayotte.accountsupport.com/Tiki%20Concerns/TikiParty2006.htm

[ This Message was edited by: The Granite Tiki 2006-08-03 22:06 ]

View Profile of The Granite Tiki Send a personal message to The Granite Tiki  Email The Granite Tiki Goto the website of The Granite Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
johnman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-04 4:06 pm   Permalink

Thanks for the pics Granite! Wish we could have made it. Nice work tikifying your place too. Hey was that a young Roger Waters attending your party (4th pic from the bottom)?

View Profile of johnman Send a personal message to johnman  Goto the website of johnman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
johnman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-04 4:38 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-08-02 14:16, Bargoyle wrote:
Quote:

On 2006-08-02 11:08, The Mayor Of Exotica wrote:

I propose that if you bring your own sumo suit, we waive the cover!

Johnman...you thinkin what I'm thinkin?

heh heh.... a few more pupu's and I wont even need a suit to inflate ...just strap on a sumo-thong... lol

I don't even know where you could get a sumo suit on short notice, though it would be quite amusing.

Well I'm totally psyched for tomorrow night - get to catch up with the Bargoyle, listen to some fine exotica courtesy of WAITIKI, enjoy some cocktails and brave Boston's "Tunnels of Doom".

Pappy - come on out man! SBiM pack up the car and trek south man. And any one else local (or distant) come and join us!

View Profile of johnman Send a personal message to johnman  Goto the website of johnman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Suffering Bastard of Stumptown
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-04 4:53 pm   Permalink

Granite, three things I have to say:

1: Thank you again for being such gracious hosts!

2: I really need to lose some weight.

3: One?! One picture of your lovely wife?! Sheesh!

--sbim

View Profile of Suffering Bastard of Stumptown Send a personal message to Suffering Bastard of Stumptown      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Granite Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-05 12:05 am   Permalink

I'm waiting on some pics from a friend's camera that hopefully have more shots of Kate!

She took most of the pictures, that's probably why she's not in any of them!

I also got no shots of the big deBOCCEry Ball Game, or the Tiki Shot Glass Checker Match! I'll have to hire a photographer next time.

Thanks for the kind words Johnman, a young Roger Waters eh? It must be the angle because he usually looks like an old Vinnie Barbarino.

[ This Message was edited by: The Granite Tiki 2006-08-05 00:08 ]

View Profile of The Granite Tiki Send a personal message to The Granite Tiki  Email The Granite Tiki Goto the website of The Granite Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
professahhummingflowah
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-06 08:21 am   Permalink

Thanks to Johnman, Steve (Johnman's bro), and the Bargoyle Duo for coming out to the Waitiki show last night. Hope you guys had a lot of fun ... we sure did! Post those pics when ya get the chance, ya hear?

OKONKULUKU!!!!

View Profile of professahhummingflowah Send a personal message to professahhummingflowah  Email professahhummingflowah Goto the website of professahhummingflowah     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
johnman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-06 1:42 pm   Permalink

WAITIKI thank you for a most entertaining evening. Seeing you guys was WAY worth the trip to Cambridge last night.

The cocktail set that started out the night included an excellent selection of exotica staples (including a superb rendition of Quiet Village) and also some original compositions from Professah Humming Flower. This was merely a warm up for the real fun that was set to arrive in their second set...

Set two - WAITIKI! Here we got to here tunes from their debut album "Charred Mammal Flesh: Exotic Music for BBQ" and also here some new songs from their upcoming, currently untitled, album. This portion of the show was undoubtedly the best part of the night.

I got to use my long dormant panda skills during Pan-XOTIK-Da (though I think the song has an alternate title??). Thanks Professah for the opportunity - we oppressed pandas rarely get to show our true identities. Bargoyle captured this rare footage of the outing of the panda that will be here soon.

How do you top a panda act you ask? With the Mayor coming out in a self-inflating sumo suit. He then body slammed into a few tables to the surprise of some unsuspecting patrons. We lost 12 that night according to my count. Though it was a worthy sacrifice.

Bottom line - check these guys out! You will not regret it (unless you get "sumoed" of course).

professahhummingflowah
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-06 1:59 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-08-06 13:42, johnman wrote:
I got to use my long dormant panda skills during Pan-XOTIK-Da (though I think the song has an alternate title??). Thanks Professah for the opportunity - we oppressed pandas rarely get to show our true identities. Bargoyle captured this rare footage of the outing of the panda that will be here soon.

Pan-XOTIK-Da is indeed the title of the tune. And Johnman Da Panda made his impressive skill set known!!

Glad you guys liked my new tune "Sumotori Sumopop" and our other new originals.

OKONKULUKU!

View Profile of professahhummingflowah Send a personal message to professahhummingflowah  Email professahhummingflowah Goto the website of professahhummingflowah     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bargoyle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-07 5:24 pm   Permalink

Aloooooooooooooooooooooooooha!!!!

SOrry it took me a few days to get my lazy ass & post these pics. Also, I thought we had a lot more, but the demon rum seemed to have its hold of Wahine Jess & she shot a whole bunch of 1 to 2 second videos thinking the camera was in pic mode.

Still, the evening was great. Nice to hang with Johnman & his buddy Steve, and Waitiki were absolutely amazing.

I'm putting the NE Ohana on notice here....you can NOT miss these guys the next time they play. I've still got the Panda song in my head ("Lives in Chinaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah"), and the chops these guys showed on the traditional exotica was more mind-numbing than the cocktails.

I cant speak highly enough of the show, and the next time they play within a 5 hour radius, I'm there.

Amyway, enough of my gushing, heres some pics....

The Mayor & Mr. Ho jammin out

a few of Johnman The Panda...

More Panda Madness!

Sumo arrives to save the day!!

Professah, Mayor, Mr Ho, ...great to hang with you guys. Can't wait for the next show.

OKONKULUKU!!!!!

ps. Will try to find a place to post the longer videos (the ones we took on purpose) and link them here in the near future

[ This Message was edited by: Bargoyle 2006-08-08 07:57 ]

View Profile of Bargoyle Send a personal message to Bargoyle  Email Bargoyle     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
johnman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-07 6:28 pm   Permalink

Oh the panda eats shoots and leaves (panda)... - argh make it stop!!!

Many thanks for the pics Bargoyle. Steve and I had an awesome time and can't wait for the next adventure.

OKONKULUKUKU!!!

The Mayor Of Exotica
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-08 01:54 am   Permalink

OKONKULUKUUUU!

It was more than fabulous having you guys at the show! Might one say it was Zazz?!?

To have TC Ohana on hand at a performance definately adds so much to what we do. It transforms us from just some band with some wacky visuals to a complete cultural experience. How, you say? Because you guys GET IT!

If there's one thing I learned at the Mai Kai last year, it's that there's more to playing music than just playing music. Sure, the tunes are great. Everyone seems to dig Quiet Village, and Primitiva, and Adventures in Paradise, but those tunes have survived for 50 years because of their significance in the culture of Exotica, their ties to Tiki, and the imagery thusly associated.

Playing to an audience that is aware of these things completes that circuit and adds a dimension of authenticity and expression to the performance that sets it apart from just another gig. That's what sets the Tiki crowd apart for me as a performer. You know the music, the culture, the history, and you care deeply about it. That comes through to us, as performers, and gives us more fuel for the fire!

So, thanks again, and thanks for posting the pix! We definately look forward to our next show, and we want to see more TC Villagers there!

View Profile of The Mayor Of Exotica Send a personal message to The Mayor Of Exotica  Email The Mayor Of Exotica Goto the website of The Mayor Of Exotica     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Mayor Of Exotica
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-08 01:59 am   Permalink

BTW, Congrats to Johnman for reuniting with his Inner Panda. I think we all have an Inner Panda to find, but you have a natural talent.

I propose that from now on, we extend the door policy to include people dressed in Panda suits.

Sumotori and Pandas admitted free!

As it is spoken, so shall it be done! Okonkuluku!!!

pappythesailor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-09 07:42 am   Permalink

Mrs. Pappy & I are going to the Kowloon Saturday (we got babysitting!)

If anybody wants to make it a New England Tiki Event, sound off!

View Profile of pappythesailor Send a personal message to pappythesailor  Goto the website of pappythesailor     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Suffering Bastard of Stumptown
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-09 08:09 am   Permalink

Crap Pappy, I already committed to something else this Saturday.

Hey, did you ever receive the mug from tiki farm?

..sbim

View Profile of Suffering Bastard of Stumptown Send a personal message to Suffering Bastard of Stumptown      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation