Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki Georgie Rudin's Tropics Menu
Georgie Rudin's Tropics Menu
SufferinSimon
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-09-14 10:28 pm   Permalink

Does anyone have a scan of a drink or dinner menu from Georgie Rudin's Tropics in Dayton, Ohio? I'd be thrilled to see a nice copy of one. I'd also like to know if anyone has a mug from this establishment in their collection.
Thanks!

View Profile of SufferinSimon Send a personal message to SufferinSimon      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
midnite
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-15 4:30 pm   Permalink

HH,
There are a few TC members with very large, Library of Congress-ish, Tiki paper collections. One is bound to have a menu,.....probably Mimi?

I've had a pair of S/P shakers, but that's all from The Tropics, save a few "topless" matchbooks. The shakers were the usual OMC Moai head/woodgrained variety. Cannot recall if I've ever seen a marked mug from there. Then again, I'm old and feeble-minded. Some of the more astute and capable collectors in our midst may have some info.

Good luck in your quest...
midnite

View Profile of midnite Send a personal message to midnite      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bifcozz
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-09-16 5:59 pm   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: bifcozz 2007-02-09 22:00 ]

View Profile of bifcozz Send a personal message to bifcozz      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sabu The Coconut Boy
Tiki Central Poet Laureate

Posted: 2005-09-17 12:14 am   Permalink

Thanks for posting these, bifcozz.

Very nice feature-matchbooks. I've only got one of those, and no matches in it. Also strange, the Peruvian influence on the drink page. Great stuff.

Sabu

View Profile of Sabu The Coconut Boy Send a personal message to Sabu The Coconut Boy  Email Sabu The Coconut Boy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation