[Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki Tiki Lamps
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Tiki Lamps
Kono
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-21 7:12 pm   Permalink

TabooDan, thanks for the info on the lamp being made by Nasco. I guess it was an "interpretation" of a Westwood design. Kudos on finding one with the box.

MachTiki, I've seen the first lamp on ebay but the second one is new to me. You think it's at all possible that the furniture store could've had a couple of vintage items (hence the more reasonable cost) or are you pretty sure that they're new? Nice shade on that one also.

I found this guy on Sunday:

I've got one that is very similar but has a glaze (this one is roughly textured) and says Florida on the backside. My other one also has a cool shade that has a tiki face motif. I didn't post a pic of it because it's boxed up at the moment. There's one just like it in Tiki Quest FWIW.

I thought it funny that I started a thread on tiki lamps and then just found one (albeit a small one) in the wild. Maybe I should start a thread on Witco tiki fountains?

I KNOW there are more tiki lamps out there. Where are they? I know Flounder has a couple. He doesn't post here so much anymore so maybe I can find that old thread and see if the pic is still there...

View Profile of Kono Send a personal message to Kono  Email Kono Goto the website of Kono     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MachTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-22 09:15 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-09-21 19:12, Kono wrote:
MachTiki, I've seen the first lamp on ebay but the second one is new to me. You think it's at all possible that the furniture store could've had a couple of vintage items (hence the more reasonable cost) or are you pretty sure that they're new? Nice shade on that one also.

Kono,
I did a search on-line and found that the second lamp is from an interior design company called
"Cabana Joe's Collection".

View Profile of MachTiki Send a personal message to MachTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bongofury
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2005-09-23 08:14 am   Permalink

How about this ........

anyone know where this is?

View Profile of bongofury Send a personal message to bongofury  Email bongofury     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrsmiley
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2005-09-23 12:28 pm   Permalink

I'm selling this lamp on ebay right now;

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZ1957sputnik
If you like it, it is ZAZZ! If you don't it is RAZZ!

View Profile of mrsmiley Send a personal message to mrsmiley  Email mrsmiley Goto the website of mrsmiley     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
monkeyskull
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-24 3:33 pm   Permalink

I'm still looking for the perfect shades for two of these that I got from Puamana and Selector Lopaka:

They came with matching tables:

(I'm informed they are not Witco.)

View Profile of monkeyskull Send a personal message to monkeyskull  Email monkeyskull Goto the website of monkeyskull     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Ragbag Comics
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-08-18 10:25 pm   Permalink

Phew! Time to blow the dust off this oldie but goodie thread...

Recently stumbled on this mega-lamp at a flea market; It's big! The base is 21", with the shade it's around 4ft tall (they don't make 'em like this anymore...)

It's hefty- probably weighs 10 pounds or more. Made of thick ceramic (might be plaster)

The guy we bought it from says he's seen only one before... that doesn't tell us much about it, other than that it must have been mass produced.

Anybody know anything about it? Manufacturer? Date?

We absolutely love it- it's like Kon Tiki Tucson robo-tiki meets Mr. Bali Hai (it's the earrings...) meets moai.

Any help appreciated...

...oh yeah, and 7 years without a post in this thread?? You all must have some dark corners in yer houses!

--Pete

View Profile of Ragbag Comics Send a personal message to Ragbag Comics  Goto the website of Ragbag Comics     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation