FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums General Tiki Martiki is a Trader Vic's Bartender!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 )
Martiki is a Trader Vic's Bartender!
limptiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-08 10:10 am   Permalink

A great asset to SF Trader Vics-- don't let the prize winning hooptylau outfit fool you - Martin is a class act - thanks for showing us a great time.

View Profile of limptiki Send a personal message to limptiki  Email limptiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Royale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-23 10:42 pm   Permalink

Mrs. Roayle and I attended a wonderful hula show today in SF. After the show we decided to stop by Trader Vics for a little ahi poke and a drink.
ALOHA... Martin works on Sunday!
Indeed, he is a natural behind the bar and helped provide the perfect ending to a great day.
Mahalo Martin!

View Profile of Tiki Royale Send a personal message to Tiki Royale  Email Tiki Royale     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2005-10-24 10:15 am   Permalink

Mahalo to you as well, TR. Good to see you again and meet the missus.

We also had a visit from the good Rev. Dr. Freddie Freelance last night as well!

Thanks to everyone who pops by- great to see familiar faces at work!

And on a serious note, thank you all very, very kindly for your generosity with the gratuities. You are quite literally making it possible to feed my wife and I, and I thank you from the bottom of my heart. Much love to the ohana.

Excuse me for a moment...there's something in my eye...

View Profile of martiki Send a personal message to martiki  Email martiki Goto the website of martiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pablus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-24 11:18 am   Permalink

Here's a tip for you...

Get more Sazeracs.

View Profile of pablus Send a personal message to pablus  Email pablus Goto the website of pablus     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2005-10-24 1:26 pm   Permalink

BTW...we added $10 Scorpion Bowls and Rum Kegs to happy hour at SF Vic's.

Sweet!

View Profile of martiki Send a personal message to martiki  Email martiki Goto the website of martiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TofuJoe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-10 2:54 pm   Permalink

Hey, digging through the old posts is fun! I'm digging around for something else entirely and...LO...I found two drinks I need to try next time I'm over at FI

Quote:

On 2005-09-18 12:42, martiki wrote:
My favorite new discovery is a SECRET drink (oooh!) not on the menus called the Hinky Dink's Fizzy. Gin, lime, passion, apricot, champagne, and more- some of you already had one on Friday. It's great. Ask for it by name!

I Will!

Quote:

Pablus- there are a lot of great mixologists in the company, who are concerned with keeping the flavors consistent. Sure there's things I don't like, but the reality of business means no Zaya in the well! (Seriously, we play with a lot of rum combos- and my fellow bartender Lars turned me on to Mai Tais with Zaya and Pusser's. Try it!)

Zaya and Pussers!?! Seriously? ok I'm game.

Quote:

But it will be a long time before they send a greenhorn like me out into the world.

Ha ha. You been "sent".

Yep. Slow work day.

View Profile of TofuJoe Send a personal message to TofuJoe  Goto the website of TofuJoe     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JenTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-10 3:09 pm   Permalink

Thanks for bumping this TJ. The Hinky Dink's Fizzy sounds fabulous! I'll be back at FI on Sunday, so I'll have to give it a try.

View Profile of JenTiki Send a personal message to JenTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Molokai Mike
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-10 6:42 pm   Permalink

Yep, ask for it by name.
It's always been my favorite drink at Martiki's home-bar.

View Profile of Molokai Mike Send a personal message to Molokai Mike  Email Molokai Mike Goto the website of Molokai Mike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2006-08-10 7:35 pm   Permalink

Mental note...must remember how to make this.

I'll bring in the recipe!

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation