[Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums General Tiki new Huell Howser episode on OCEANIC ARTS
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
new Huell Howser episode on OCEANIC ARTS
LavaPants
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-09-17 5:38 pm   Permalink

Does anyone know when this will air? I heard maybe sometime in Nov. Any help would be appreciated

Thanx

View Profile of LavaPants Send a personal message to LavaPants      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikipedia
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-18 09:34 am   Permalink

I checked the website for California Gold, but found nothing listed.

However, they are always taking recommendations for future shows. I sent off an email suggesting a show on California's Tiki culture. If enough people suggested it, they just might do it.

View Profile of tikipedia Send a personal message to tikipedia  Goto the website of tikipedia     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
LavaPants
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-09-18 10:53 am   Permalink

No, I'm serious he was there this past Fri. filming a show. (I heard he got a little tippled from the mai tais)

View Profile of LavaPants Send a personal message to LavaPants      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikitortured
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-18 10:56 am   Permalink

Oceanic Arts doesn't serve Mai-Tais. They won't even serve you during their lunch break.

View Profile of tikitortured Send a personal message to tikitortured  Email tikitortured Goto the website of tikitortured     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sabu The Coconut Boy
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2005-09-18 11:26 am   Permalink

I don't know about that. I'm told Bob and LeRoy serve a mighty good Mai Tai. I think you might have to twist their arms a bit, but they might set it up on a slow day.

[ This Message was edited by: Sabu The Coconut Boy 2005-09-18 11:31 ]

View Profile of Sabu The Coconut Boy Send a personal message to Sabu The Coconut Boy  Email Sabu The Coconut Boy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-18 10:41 pm   Permalink

I am glad this finally is becoming a reality. HH has been talking for years about doing something with OA (and the Tiki Ti, which used to be his hangout), he even came by the first (or was it the second?) Tiki Oasis...but nothing ever happened after that.
He has such a line up of stories, he's in no hurry for finding subject matters. Having taped it just last week, it might take months, maybe half a year to air...or not. Hopefully OA will let us know when.
And I agree, OA does not serve Mai Tais on a regular basis, but I am sure the back room bar was opened for this local TV royalty.

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Gigantalope
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-19 06:20 am   Permalink

Louie, come look at this!

A few years ago HH. did a piece about Bruce Meyers. (Who invented the Dune Buggy. (but won't say so for fear of litigation)I was really bummed to have missed the airing of it.

Anyway, if it has somehow already aired, you can buy copies from the University of San Diego.

View Profile of Gigantalope Send a personal message to Gigantalope  Email Gigantalope     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
gwenners
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-09-19 09:04 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-09-19 06:20, Gigantalope wrote:
A few years ago HH. did a piece about Bruce Meyers. (Who invented the Dune Buggy. (but won't say so for fear of litigation)I was really bummed to have missed the airing of it.

They aired that one -- at least on the KQED -- just a week ago.

Cheers,
Gwen Smith

View Profile of gwenners Send a personal message to gwenners  Goto the website of gwenners     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
buddabob

Posted: 2005-09-19 09:06 am   Permalink

I don't know how many sent a suggestion to Huell about doing a segment on "OA", but I did last month. I can hardly wait to see it.

View Profile of buddabob Send a personal message to buddabob      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-19 11:54 am   Permalink

You know, that just might have been the trigger to make him do it, it is always a matter of right time/right place.

I heard that the Mai Tai effects were grossly exaggerated, and merely a slanderous rumor!

I also heard that it might air sometime in November.

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SoccerTiki
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2005-09-23 8:18 pm   Permalink

Ok, I just got off the phone with Huell Howser. He told me he recently did a piece(show) at Oceanic Arts in Whittier, CA. He interviewed Leroy Schmaltz and Bob van Oosting and it is scheduled to air in November. Huell told me the dates and times are 11/10 @ 6pm & 12:30am and again on 11/22 @ 6pm & 12:30am. It will air on PBS (KCET for us LA locals.) What a nice guy Huell is! He is very interested in the TIKI HISTORY of California!!! After talking with him I am sure there will be more shows regarding TIKI in the near future!!!
I can't wait to see and hear the stories Leroy and Bob talk to Huell about!
SoccerTiki

View Profile of SoccerTiki Send a personal message to SoccerTiki  Email SoccerTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hanford_lemoore
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-23 8:34 pm   Permalink

Merged.

View Profile of hanford_lemoore Send a personal message to hanford_lemoore  Email hanford_lemoore Goto the website of hanford_lemoore     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
DawnTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-23 9:25 pm   Permalink

Huell has known about us (Polynesian pop enthusiasts) for some time now, we have proof! Santacon archived images! And darn it, isn't he one himself? I have to say it, what on earth has taken him so long to get a tiki segment together, sheesh! Don't get me wrong I love THE Huell but why hasn't he done anything for the tiki sooner?
Yea for Bob n' Leroy and everyone at OA. Sounds like a fun episode! I can't wait to see it!
My prayers have been answered...Huell and tiki together, finally!

[ This Message was edited by: DawnTiki 2005-09-23 21:27 ]

View Profile of DawnTiki Send a personal message to DawnTiki  Email DawnTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PolynesianPop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-23 9:49 pm   Permalink

Well it's about Muther-F*ckin' time... I tried to get his interest in Tiki 3 1/2 years ago but didn't think he'd ever do anything on it. Here's the original thread --

http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=61&forum=1&hilite=huell%20howser

Poly-Pop *

Bartender, make mine a glass of WATAHHH!!!!!

View Profile of PolynesianPop Send a personal message to PolynesianPop  Email PolynesianPop Goto the website of PolynesianPop     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
DawnTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-23 9:56 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-09-23 21:49, Polynesian Pop wrote:
Well it's about Muther-F*ckin' time...

Potty mouth...

View Profile of DawnTiki Send a personal message to DawnTiki  Email DawnTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation