FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums General Tiki new Huell Howser episode on OCEANIC ARTS
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
new Huell Howser episode on OCEANIC ARTS
SoccerTiki
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2005-11-07 11:02 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-09-23 20:18, SoccerTiki wrote:
Ok, I just got off the phone with Huell Howser. He told me he recently did a piece(show) at Oceanic Arts in Whittier, CA. He interviewed Leroy Schmaltz and Bob van Oosting and it is scheduled to air in November. Huell told me the dates and times are 11/10 @ 6pm & 12:30am and again on 11/22 @ 6pm & 12:30am. It will air on PBS (KCET for us LA locals.) What a nice guy Huell is! He is very interested in the TIKI HISTORY of California!!! After talking with him I am sure there will be more shows regarding TIKI in the near future!!!
I can't wait to see and hear the stories Leroy and Bob talk to Huell about!
SoccerTiki

Reminder!!!! This Thursday @ 6pm PST on PBS....Set your VCRs or get some friends together for a great Visiting with Huell Howser episode from Oceanic Arts with Leroy Schmaltz and Bob van Oosting.... Huell said he had a great time shooting it and the guys from O.A. are great...Huell mentioned a little impromptu hula show from the crew at O.A adorned in their products.....I hope it didn't get cut from the final! (It'll replay again at 12:30 am 11/11)
SoccerTiki

[ This Message was edited by: SoccerTiki 2005-11-07 11:08 ]

View Profile of SoccerTiki Send a personal message to SoccerTiki  Email SoccerTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiTrevor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-07 11:37 am   Permalink

I set the "Tivo" at my parents house for it and the description was "Tiki Education"

View Profile of TikiTrevor Send a personal message to TikiTrevor  Email TikiTrevor Goto the website of TikiTrevor     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
BryanDeanMartin
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-11-08 9:47 pm   Permalink

Already got the DVR set.

View Profile of BryanDeanMartin Send a personal message to BryanDeanMartin      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2005-11-09 9:03 pm   Permalink

WooHooo! Don't forget to tune into KCET tomorrow night at 6:00pm

View Profile of WooHooWahine Send a personal message to WooHooWahine  Email WooHooWahine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2005-11-10 08:21 am   Permalink

WooHooo! It's tonight!!!!!!

View Profile of WooHooWahine Send a personal message to WooHooWahine  Email WooHooWahine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
heelgrinder
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-10 6:08 pm   Permalink

man, all you stinky californians have all the luck!

it's not airing in texas. guess i'll have to buy the video.

[url=http://www.ooga-mooga.com/cgi-bin/all/collection.cgi?mode=gallery&user_id=124][/ur

View Profile of heelgrinder Send a personal message to heelgrinder  Email heelgrinder Goto the website of heelgrinder     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SoccerTiki
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2005-11-10 7:13 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-11-10 18:08, heelgrinder wrote:
man, all you stinky californians have all the luck!

it's not airing in texas. guess i'll have to buy the video.

Trade me a mug and I'll send you a copy!!!!
Soccertiki

View Profile of SoccerTiki Send a personal message to SoccerTiki  Email SoccerTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
stuff-o-rama
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-10 10:36 pm   Permalink

I haven't watched Huell in a while, I know he has that "awe shucks" delivery but he was like a kid with A.D.D. on this episode. It made me nuts! He constantly walked away as the interviewee was talking, leaving them in mid-sentence and rifling another question before the first one was answered. He also had to touch everything! I thought he was going to knock over a couple of tikis at one point. And when he walked through each hanging beaded curtain I loved it when the guy called him out and said, "Huell, you are acting like the kids that come in here..."

View Profile of stuff-o-rama Send a personal message to stuff-o-rama  Goto the website of stuff-o-rama     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tangaroa
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-11 07:12 am   Permalink

"IS that the ACT-UALL TIKI Beads????? That's TEEE-KIII too, isn't it? Louie - get a shot of THAAAAT...."

Gotta love Huell, man.

View Profile of Tangaroa Send a personal message to Tangaroa      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Bird
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-11 10:43 am   Permalink

Watched it last night, it was great to see Leroy carve alittle at the end & hearing the Smoking Menehunes playing in the background. Wish the show was longer, they didnt show any of the vintage mugs in the case at OA.

TBird.

View Profile of Tiki Bird Send a personal message to Tiki Bird  Email Tiki Bird     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
DawnTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-11 10:52 am   Permalink

It's great to see Bob and LeRoy getting publicity! Swell show guys!
I'm glad HH finally got his Migh Tigh...

View Profile of DawnTiki Send a personal message to DawnTiki  Email DawnTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiVic
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2005-11-11 11:30 am   Permalink

For those who missed it I've posted the OA episode at the following address:

http://www.aridjungle.com/AridJungle/Oceanic_Arts.html

Will try to post higher resolution version soon...Vic

HIGHER RESOLUTION VIDEO NOW AVAIABLE!!!

Mahalo.............TikiVic

[ This Message was edited by: TikiVic 2005-11-15 03:06 ]

[ This Message was edited by: TikiVic 2005-11-15 03:07 ]

View Profile of TikiVic Send a personal message to TikiVic  Goto the website of TikiVic     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2005-11-11 5:28 pm   Permalink

WooHoo! Mucho Mahalo Tikvic for your posting!!!

[ This Message was edited by: WooHooWahine 2005-11-11 17:28 ]

Tiki-bot
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-11 6:54 pm   Permalink

Thanks for posting the episode. Now it's time for the Huell Howser Drinking Game: Suck 'em up every time he says "tiki". Call me before you start to let me know where to send the ambulance. I think he said it more in that half hour than all the previous times it's ever been uttered on TV - by anyone!

Good for OA, but oh man did HH's manufactured enthusiasm get tedious. Sad that anything tiki that reaches television has to always be "Woo-hoo! Party! Am I getting craaaaazy now or what?! Look! I'm wearing a HAT!!! Woooooooo!"

View Profile of Tiki-bot Send a personal message to Tiki-bot  Email Tiki-bot     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
DawnTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-12 10:17 am   Permalink

Yes, Damn fine of you to make the episode available for all who wish to see it TikiVic! Damn fine! That's ALOHA!

View Profile of DawnTiki Send a personal message to DawnTiki  Email DawnTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation